Turmoil

Toy

As Taeyeon and Kyungsoo made their way toward his room, a teenage boy with chestnut colored hair ran past them. Baekhyun followed suit, grabbing the other.

"Let me go!" the younger shouted, "They hurt my brother! I'm going to kill them!"

Baekhyun sighed.

"Jongdae, calm down. I'll handle this. No good will come from you getting revenge." he said, iron grip around Jongdae's arms.

The boy glared at his uncle. His onyx eyes blazed with hatred.

"You only say that because you don't care about us!" he screamed, "If you did care, you wouldn't have let Mom and Dad leave us!"

A slap resounded throughout the house and everyone gasped.

"Don't you dare say that about Uncle Baekhyun." an older boy with beautiful chocolate colored eyes and scarlet hair whispered, hand still in midair.

Jongdae stared at his brother in shock.

"J-Joonmyeon hyung," he whispered, holding his red cheek, "Did you just hit me?"

The other looked away, emotionless. Infuriated, Jongdae pushed past the still shocked Kyungsoo and ran away. Joonmyeon dropped to the ground in tears, burying his face in his hands. Baekhyun wrapped his arms around his nephew and sighed.

"Why is all of this happening?" Joonmyeon sobbed.

Baekhyun kept silent. Kyungsoo backed away from the scene, not wanting to intrude. Suddenly, he bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry." he immediately apologized.

The tall, dark haired stranger laughed and waved his hand.

"It's alright," he said, grinning, "I'm Chanyeol, by the way."

Kyungsoo nodded, remembering the man who wrote him his acceptance email.

"Ah," Chanyeol looked at the tense atmosphere in front of him, "Perhaps we should leave them to solve their private matters."

He led the way for Kyungsoo and soon, they were in a study with shelves piled high with books. Chanyeol knocked on one of the shelves and hummed.

"Jongdae, it's me! Open up!" he called.

The bookshelf turned slowly, revealing another room. It was small, but clean. There was a bed, desk, and a fridge. Jongdae was curled up in a ball next to the bed. His shirt was wet with tears.

"C-Chanyeol hyung..." he whimpered.

Jongdae coughed and wiped his eyes. His eyes shot to Kyungsoo wearily.

"Um..." the youngest fiddled with his hands, "Y-You're the new nanny right?"

Kyungsoo flashed him a friendly smile and held out a hand.

"Do Kyungsoo at your service, Young Master Jongdae. Please treat me well!" he greeted.

Jongdae grinned slightly at him, sniffling.

"You know..." he looked at Chanyeol, "he sort of looks like...Mom..."

Kyungsoo coughed in surprise.

"Oh, do I?" he asked, smiling.

Chanyeol laughed and ruffled Jongdae's hair.

"Kid, Kyungsoo looks nothing like Kim Kibum!" he chuckled.

Jongdae pouted and suddenly halted.

"Does he know about us?" the boy asked while tilting his head in curiosity.

"Nope, I'm about to explain it to him." Chanyeol responded, practically dragging Jongdae out of the room and shutting the door/shelf.

"Okay," he clapped, "now that we're alone, I should probably clear up your confusion."

Kyungsoo nodded.

"That would definitely be nice."