New Beginnings

Toy

"Do Kyungsoo-sshi?" a slightly accented voice called from the edge of the crowded airport.

Kyungsoo turned quickly in shock, causing his luggage to topple and fall. Cursing under his breath, he picked them up one by one. A tanned hand shot out and lifted all 3 rather heavy bags, carrying them to the cart.

"I apologize for surprising you, Do Kyungsoo-sshi." the dirty blonde man said, still uncomfortably formal.

The other laughed awkwardly.

"It's just Kyungsoo. I'm only 26. Huang Zitao-sshi, right?"

Zitao nodded.

"I go by Tao. I'm 23 this year," he smiled, "Should I call you 'hyung'?"

Kyungsoo's dark brown eyes grew wide.

"Really? You seem so mature though!" he gasped.

Tao grinned.

"I get that a lot."

They walked to a black Cadillac and hauled Kyungsoo's bags into the trunk. Looking at the luxurious car, the shorter whistled.

"Those Kims go all out." he muttered.

The two climbed into the vehicle, where a driver was waiting. Tao nodded, signalling for him to drive.

"It'll be an hour's travel," the chinese man said, "The Kim estate is rather far away from the nearest airport. I hope you don't mind."

Kyungsoo shook his head.

"It's fine. The scenery's beautiful, so I don't mind." he replied.

With that, he looked out the window to the high mountains in the horizon. After just a few minutes of gazing at the nature, Kyungsoo's mind wandered to the events leading to this moment.

 

~

 

Flashback: 1 month ago

 

"Kyungsoo-hyung!" a little boy shouted across the flower garden.

"Coming!" another boy replied as he ran towards his friend.

Kyungsoo had dark brown hair and wide orbs that matched. His cheeks were flushed from the physical exertion and his little hands clutched a dark red rose.

He finally reached the other and he panted tiredly. Kyungsoo's friend had almond shaped onyx eyes that were fathomless yet warm.

"Hyung," the black eyed boy giggled, "you didn't have to sprint! I was just going to ask you your opinion on the roses.

Kyungsoo grinned.

"They're beautiful! I love them."

The other smiled, then slowly grew depressed.

"Hyung, some of the girls were taunting me yesterday," he said quietly, "They called me a disgusting monster."

Kyungsoo's grin faded.

"Who called you that?" he asked seriously.

"Tiffany noona and the others."

"I'll make them pay for what they said to you," Kyungsoo whispered, pulling the other into a tight hug, "I wonder how much they'll like it if they found their precious rabbits dead."

 

The next morning, bloodcurling screams echoed throughout the town as a small group of girls lamented the deaths of their pet bunnies. It looked as if the animals were torn apart by something vicious. The townspeople spoke of a horrible mountain lion or perhaps a wolf as the cause.

 

"See," Kyungsoo said to his friend, "I told you I'd make them pay."

"Thank you hyung."

With a warm smile, the older enveloped the other into a tight hug.

"I'll always protect you, J-"

 

BEEP!

The alarm clock blared. Growling, Kyungsoo shot up from his bed. For a second, he shivered at the anger he had felt in his dream, but he didn't ponder on it much.

'Better go check my job search.' he thought as he made his way to his computer.

 

Scrolling through his email, Kyungsoo saw the usual.

 

'I'm sorry, Mr. Do, your application has been rejected.'

 

'Sorry, kid. We don't need anymore babysitters.'

 

'A man as a nanny? Don't be ridiculous!'

 

'I'm sorry, but we can't hire a male nanny.'

 

Kyungsoo sighed. Searching for a job was much harder than he expected. Suddenly, a new email popped up.

 

'To Mr. Do Kyungsoo,

We have a job offer for you. Our two children need a nanny while we're gone and you seem perfect for them. How would you like to join the Kim family?'