Working Generation

GG Café
 
Chapter Two

 

It was 7am. Taeyeon had woken up early and had gone to the academy with Jessica. Because it was a weekday, the girls didn't have to open the cafe until 9:30am. They were allowed to sleep in for atleast another hour.

However, Tiffany was up earlier than she should have been. Being the deep sleeper she was, she would usually sleep in until the other members dragged her out of bed. But this morning, she was up early, she was dressed by 7:45, and she even made the girls a quick breakfast before leaving. 

Oh of course. Tiffany worked at the mall on weekdays except for Mondays and Fridays. But she didn't have to start until 11. She usually helped the girls open up the cafe and then would leave to work. 

Tiffany liked taking the bus to the mall. Especially in the late morning because people were rarely on. At 8:15am, Tiffany boarded the bus and smiled when she saw a familiar figure sitting in the back of it. 

"A bit early Mushroom," Taecyeon greeted. 

"I thought you'd like some company this morning. Since you're working in my territory today," Tiffany said evilly. 

"Please take care of me," Taecyeon joked, bowing slightly. 

Today Taecyeon would be working at the mall with Tiffany. Tiffany always wondered why Taecyeon enjoyed doing odd jobs instead of finding a real career. Tiffany and Taecyeon had known each other since they were little kids, they had been friends even before Tiffany met the girls. Tiffany knew that Taecyeon was really smart, he had gotten tons of degrees and had gone around to different colleges, but now here he was, about to go work at a clothing shop at the Seoul Mall.

Then Tiffany realized that she had done the same thing. Maybe it was because doing odd jobs was just more fun.

"You do know it's a woman's clothing store right," Tiffany said as the two friends got off the bus.

Taecyeon smirked. "I know, that's why I agreed to work today,"

Tiffany slapped him playfully on the arm. Boys will be boys , she thought to herself.

The two entered the mall and took the escalator up to the second floor where Kandy's was located. Kandy's was run by Kim Kandy, a friend of Nichkhun and Taecyeon's. Kandy was also close with Taecyeon, and often asked him for help at her other stores around Seoul. But this was Taecyeon's first time working at Seoul Mall.

"Oh Tiffany unnie, annyeong," Nicole greeted Tiffany as she entered the store. "Oh and Taecyeon oppa," Nicole bowed.

"Where's Kandy?" Tiffany asked as she put on her name tag and got into uniform.

"She went out. She said when Taecyeon oppa gets here he should go wait in her office," Nicole reported.

"Hear that oppa?" Tiffany pointed Taecyeon towards the office. The other girls that were working that day all bowed when they saw Taecyeon. Tiffany could hear all the girls whispering about his looks and how generous he was.

Taecyeon had only been to Tiffany's work a couple of times before. He had come to pick her up and immediately all the other employees had fallen in love with him.

"Are you guys dating now unnie?" Nicole asked with a giggle. Nicole had known Taecyeon and Tiffany for a long time. She was as close to them as the girls were, but because she was a lot younger she didn't hang out with them as much.

"No! What are you talking about 'Cole," Tiffany blushed.

"Unnie come on. I know you really like him," Nicole winked.

Tiffany coughed, which is what she always did when she was really shy or embarrassed. "Anyways. Any new merch today?" she asked, changing the subject.

Nicole laughed and showed her unnie the new clothes and accessories that had come in that morning. Tiffany however was only half listening to Nicole, she was busy thinking about Taecyeon.

~~~

Over at the music academy, Taeyeon and Jessica were rushing to the auditorium. There was going to be an important assembly. On the way to the auditorium, the girls ran into their boyfriends.

"Hey I was real busy yesterday," Jay explained to Jessica.

"It's okay I was too," she replied, and continued walking.

"Are you busy tonight?" he asked.

"I'll just be at the cafe after school," Jessica told him. She didn't really like talking to her boyfriend at school because younger students were always watching.

"Then I'll come by the cafe okay?" Jay said. He knew how his girlfriend felt about their interactions at the academy. When Jessica nodded he just continued walking with Youngbae into the auditorium.

Wooyoung and Taeyeon however were the exact opposite of Jay and Jessica. They didn't care if younger students caught them showing PDA, as long as it didn't distract the students from learning. The two held hands as they walked inside the auditorium, and nearby girls awed in jealousy as they watched their happy teachers.

Once inside the auditorium, the young teachers listened closely to the president's thoughts.

"We will be having an MT next week for the seniors of the academy, we need teachers to chaperone," President Park explained.

Immediately, the 5 friends looked at eachother. Mountain trips (field trips) usually took more than a couple days. If they had to chaperone, it would clash with BaeYul's anniversary.

"Not everyone will have to come, I'll have a specific list of chaperones planned by the day after tomorrow. That is all, any questions?"

Taeyeon immediately raised her hand, "I thought we had a special guest?" she asked.

The president chuckled. "Well Ms. Kim, I knew that you and Ms. Jung probably wouldn't have come to school unless you thought something real special was going on.

The two women blushed and the other staff members laughed. "If that is all you are dismissed," the president said, and everyone returned to their classes.

~~~

By 6pm, the bustle at the cafe had died down. Hyoyeon, Yuri, Yoona, Sooyoung, Seohyun and Seungri collapsed into a booth as only a few customers were in the cafe eating.

The door jingled and the girls were too exhausted to greet whoever it was.

"Annyeonghaeseyo we'll be with you in a second," Seungri greeted lazily. He got up and saw that it was Taeyeon and Jessica.

"Exhausted already?" Taeyeon asked. She looked around, "There are like, 5 customers,"

"A mob came in and left," Yoona explained.

"Good for business though," Jessica said with a smile. She took Taeyeon's bag for her and went into the office to put them down. In the office she saw Sunny furiously searching for something on her computer.

"What's up bunny?" Jessica asked.

"Youngbae texted me and said he emailed me something," Sunny explained. "He said not to read it while Yuri was with me."

Jessica realized what it was about. She rushed out of the office and brought in Hyoyeon and Yoona as well.

"Are we getting a raise?" Hyoyeon asked excitedly.

"Ya why should you get a raise. You work here like 3 days a week," Sunny pointed out.

Hyoyeon pouted and did her 'Upset dance' which consisted of the dougie, the Bernie and then collapsing onto the floor.

"Did you find the email?" Jessica asked. Sunny nodded. Jessica read over the email and then explained to Hyoyeon and Yoona what exactly was happening.

"Taeyeon told us yesterday but you guys weren't with us. So make sure you guys are free that night," Jessica explained.

"The 15th right?" Yoona asked. Jessica nodded.

"I have a photoshoot that day but I'll be able to make it at night. I can distract Yuri or something," Yoona said excitedly.

Sunny looked out her office window and saw that Yuri was walking towards them. "YOURE NOT GETTING A RAISE HYOYEON," Sunny exclaimed.

Hyoyeon saw Yuri and then she did her Upset dance again. "Fine! But I demand atleast more breaks. I'm dying here," she whined. Then she collapsed to the floor again and pretended to die.

Yuri laughed at Hyoyeon's overdramatic scene and then said, "Sica, Jay's up front,"

Even though Jessica didn't like interacting with her boyfriend at the academy, when they were around their friends she didn't care at all. She happily bounced out of the office and greeted her boyfriend.

"You're so bubbly when you're at the cafe," Jay said, ruffling Jessica's hair.

"It's like my second home," Jessica confessed. She put her arm around Jay's waist as he put his arm over her shoulder. "Oh why'd you drop by?" she asked.

"Because I missed you," Jay replied, kissing her hair.

"But you saw me like an hour ago at school."

"That's too long," Jay chuckled.

"I'm going to throw up," Sooyoung joked as she walked past them. She went to go pick up the bill from a table near by.

"Why can't you be like that," the girl sitting at the table complained to her boyfriend.

"I say cute things to you! You just always ruin it!" the boy defended himself.

"Like what?" she asked.

"I sang 'When I Was Your Man' and when I got to the part that said 'I should have bought you flowers' you were like 'I'm allergic to flowers'," the couple continued to bicker as they left the cafe. Seungri and Seohyun laughed at the scene while Sooyoung just rolled her eyes.

"Unnie stop acting like you don't LOVE love. You're the one that cries during every romance drama," Seohyun teased Sooyoung.

"Ya that's because Lee Min ho is just too cute!" she defended.

The door jingled and Sooyoung said, "Annyeonghaeseyo, Welcome to GG Cafe,"

When she saw who it was she just rolled her eyes and said, "there's a party in the office if you want to go,"

Taecyeon and Tiffany had returned from a long day at the mall. "Oh hey, where's Yuri?" Taecyeon asked. "I have an 'errand' for her," he winked.

Everyone understood what he meant and Seohyun went to fetch Yuri.

"Could you do me a favor and take Seungri and go buy fish cakes at the stand down the street?" Taecyeon asked.

"Sure oppa but why now," Yuri asked suspiciously.

"You know Tiffany's cravings. She's worse than a pregnant woman. But she's too lazy to walk down the street, and she said I'm not allowed to go," Taecyeon earned a punch from Tiffany but Yuri just laughed and took Seungri with her and left to go buy fish cakes.

The cafe was nearly empty now except for two tables. Taecyeon and Tiffany quickly herded everyone. They had all collected together in the office. They nearly had a heart attack when the cafe door jingled, but were relieved when they saw it was Youngbae.

"Quick we're having a meeting before she gets back," Yoona said as she locked the cafe door after Youngbae entered.

"Youngbae, quickly explain your plan for next week so that we're all on the same page. Since you live with Seungri you can just tell him at the dorm," Taeyeon ordered.

Youngbae realized what was going on and said, "For our four year anniversary next Thursday, I want to take Yuri to an amusement park in the morning, and near the evening I'll come back over to here. I'll say that I need something at the cafe or something, and one of you can keep her company in the car or something. Then she comes in here where we will have a small party and voila. Isn't that perfect?" Youngbae smiled.

Everybody nodded. "Okay that's the general idea. Now we need exact details," Tiffany pointed out.

"Youngbae instead of bringing her to the cafe, you can bring her to our dorm. I'll be there, and then I can bring her here instead," Yoona offered.

Suddenly, everyone had a bunch of ideas. Taeyeon hushed everyone and said that they would meet up next week to talk more about it. Quickly the group scattered and just in time too, because Yuri and Seungri were back with the fish cakes.

"Oh babe you're here!" Yuri was surprised to see her boyfriend. Youngbae gave her a kiss and told her that he had something important to tell Taeyeon, Jessica and Jay.

"Wait what?" Jay said. "You haven't told us anything yet,"

"Oh yeah! Well, President Park said we don't have to chaperone the MT. Since we don't teach seniors. He told Wooyoung and then Wooyoung told me to tell you guys," Youngbae reported.

The friends were relieved.

"Why won't you be chaperoning?" Yuri asked. She knew how much her boyfriend loved going places.

"Ah well. It's to somewhere I've already been I think," Youngbae lied.

Yuri just nodded. Her and Youngbae walked out of the cafe to go take a walk. Taecyeon asked Taeyeon and Tiffany if he could talk to them in the office.

The three sat closely and Taecyeon said, "Taeng you know what else is happening Thursday. But Youngbae said to tell Tiffany also. Because Tiff you're so good at planning things like this,"

"He's proposing!" Taeyeon squealed. Tiffany's eyes widened and she jumped up and down.

"Oh EM GEE are you serious?!" she said so happy for her friend.

Taecyeon quieted the girls down and sighed. There would be a lot of planning but he hoped that everything would work out alright.

 

Struggling to put my thoughts into words. it's so jumbled.

I'm trying to fit everyone in here! But the main focus for now is

BaeYul's  anniversary. ahh

Well, hope I didn't fail. and in case you're wondering,

yes they basically just walk in and out of the cafe whenever they feel like it.

Subscribe, upvote & please comment. Love yous!