Mondays

GG Café

Chapter One

 

A lovely day at the cafe, Taeyeon and Sunny were in the office, Jessica and Tiffany were at a meeting, Hyoyeon was off at dance practice and Yuri, Yoona, Sooyoung and Seohyun were running back and forth serving customers.

"What's today's special again?" Seungri asked Seohyun as she rushed by.

"Karmalatte," Seohyun replied. She picked up old plates and rushed to go put them away in the kitchen.

"Why is it called the Karmalatte?" Seungri asked Yuri as she rushed by.

"So Karma doesn't get to you!" Yuri answered and went to go take someone's order.

"And how much is that?" Seungri asked Yoona as she rushed by.

"$5.99," she replied, she picked up a bill and went to the cash register.

"Oh and-" Seungri started.

"Oh mai gawd Gri can you like shush!?" Sooyoung hissed as she walked past him. "We're busy today! If you don't know anything then maybe you should go take 5 and study over today's menu."

Seungri had been working at GG Cafe ever since it opened, but being the slow maknae he was, he just couldn't remember everything that he was suppose to. He constantly asked questions and constantly pissed the girls off. Well, not really all the girls. Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Yoona and Seohyun usually told him things nicely. Taeyeon and Sunny would always scold him, Jessica would lecture him, and Sooyoung would have a fit.

He had to admit, it wasn't easy working with 9 girls everyday, but it was worth it. He got to see... wait. Let's not bring that up now. You'll find out soon enough.

The cafe door jingled to signal someone's arrival. "Annyeonghaeseyo!" Yuri greeted, not yet looking at who walked in. "We'll be with you in a minute!"

"That won't be necessary babe," Youngbae said with a smile. Yuri gave her boyfriend a quick smile and then went back to talking to the customer. "I'll be in the office!" he called, admiring how beautiful his girlfriend was even when she was working really hard.

"Well well well isn't it Mr. Youngbae," Taeyeon said when she saw who was walking into her office. "Been a stranger lately!" she commented.

"Sorry, I've been busy at the academy. They said they need you tomorrow, a special guest is coming," he replied.

"Oh so you rarely come down to the cafe and when you do it's for business only?" Sunny joked.

"Noo! You girls know how much I love visiting you guys. And also.. I needed a favor. You know, it's almost me and Yuri's.." he was cut off by Taeyeon and Sunny.

"Four year anniversary? It's like, next week!" they said at the same time.

"I know! I want to plan something special. Can I borrow the cafe that night?" Youngbae asked.

The two girls looked at him, eyebrows raised. "The whole cafe just for you two??" Taeyeon asked.

"No! I was going to invite all our close friends, wouldn't that be nice?" Youngbae explained. "Pleaseee."

The two girls gave him a look. Youngbae knew that look, it usually meant... no.

"Come on! One night won't be bad for business, girls please," he was begging now.

Taeyeon and Sunny looked at eachother and laughed. "Of course we'll let you use it Youngbae! The cafe will be closed the whole day so we can prepare for it."

Youngbae glowed. "Really? Thanks so much I owe you guys one," he said, embracing his two friends with a hug.

"Nah you owe us waaay more than one. But hey who's counting!" Taeyeon laughed.

"I counted... 53 times?" Sunny joked. Then she looked at her watch, it was 4:30. "Hey it's almost closing time," she remembered.

It was a Monday, and they always closed at 5pm on Mondays. 

"Yeah I know. And don't you have to get going? The shelter needs you," Taeyeon remembered as well.

Sunny nodded. "I'll be home late so you guys should just do Monday night stuff without me," she grabbed her purse and ran out the cafe.

Taeyeon chuckled at her rushing friend, then she looked at Youngbae. "So exactly are you planning to do for your anniversary?" she asked. She was typing away on her computer, trying to seem uninterested but truth was she was SUPER interested, and Youngbae knew it.

"I'm not sure exactly yet, but I wanted to spend the day with her somewhere, and when we get back I would bring her here, where we would have a surprise party or something. and also... Taeng don't tell anyone but, I was thinking of proposing."

Taeyeon gasped. "Oh mai gawd Dong Youngbae are you for real?!" she couldn't contain her excitement.

"Yeah for real," Youngbae chuckled. "But don't tell anyone! Taeng you're the leader so you have to make sure nobody finds out! If the maknaes find out, Yuri will find out for sure. I don't want to ruin  the surprise."

Taeyeon nodded her head furiously. "You can count on me!" she exclaimed. Then she noticed that Yuri was making her way towards the office. "She's coming quick. OH YOUNGBAE DO THEY REALLY NEED ME TOMORROW?" Taeyeon said dramatically as Yuri opened the door.

"Yeah special guest Taeng! I dont know why but they said you MUST be there," Youngbae answered. Then he turned around and gave his girlfriend a hug. "You tired?" he asked, giving her a peck on the lips.

"I was, but after seeing your face I got better," Yuri answered with a smile.

"YOU TWO GET A ROOM!" Sooyoung burst as she entered the office. "Gawd just go get married already."

Taeyeon kept her head down as the office began to fill up and everyone was saying how BaeYul should get married.

"You can't rush these things!" Taeyeon piped up. Yuri nodded shyly but Taeyeon could tell that Yuri agreed with her loud coworkers.

"Well, Gri it's about time we go. You girls got Monday night stuff to do huh," Youngbae said. The girls all nodded their heads and Seungri walked towards Youngbae.

"We can go hyung," he said. He waved to the girls in the office and then walked out.

"Bye babe," Youngbae said, kissing his girlfriend's cheek.

Yuri smiled and hugged him goodbye.

Seohyun's phone rang and she waited 3 seconds before picking it up. "Yeoboseyo?" she put it on speaker.

"Seohyun, Jessi and I will be late tonight. I guess theres like another meeting or something. Start Monday night stuff without us okay?"

"Ah neh unnie that's fine. You were on speaker so everyone heard you. Bye!" the room screamed bye to Tiffany and Seohyun hung up.

"You guys clean everything up already?" Taeyeon asked. Yuri, Yoona, Seohyun and Sooyoung nodded. They were responsible for the cafe itself while the older ones were in charge of the technicalities.

"Oh unnie Wooyoung oppa came by like, 10 minutes ago and left you this," Yoona handed Taeyeon a piece of paper. "I told him you were talking to Youngbae and he said 'Oh oh I seeee,' and then just left this. What were you guys talking about in here?" Yoona asked.

"Oh.. just.. important stuff at the academy tomorrow," Taeyeon lied. Yuri looked at her but didn't say anything.

"Oh yeah special guest?" Yuri remembered. Taeyeon just nodded and guided the girls out of the cafe, locked the doors and headed to the car.

~~~

"You guys want to watch Mean Girls?" Yuri pulled the movie out. "Ooh or, Freaky Friday. Or Aquamarine."

"Ya babo it's August. You don't watch Aquamarine in the fall. You watch it in the summer!" Sooyoung pointed out.

"She has a point unnie," Seohyun agreed. She was cooking ramen for her unnies.

"Fine, then.. ooh I feel like watching a horror movie. Nightmare on Elm Street?" Yuri asked.

"Noo!" Taeyeon objected. "Horror. No me gusta without Wooyoung with me," she was sitting at the kitchen table, reading the note Wooyoung had given her. It was basically about tomorrow at the academy, and about next week.

There were ferocious knocks at the door and Sooyoung opened it, knowing it was Jessica.

"Hey what we watching!" Tiffany asked as she entered. She kicked off her high heels and collapsed onto the couch.

"Not sure yet. Gawd these women are so picky!" Yuri complained.

"Oh Yuri! I got some movies in the car, I think. Wunna go grab them? Take Yoona with you," Taeyeon said.

Yuri nodded and grabbed Yoona and headed out to the car.

Quickly, Taeyeon acted and locked the house door. "Girls we don't have much time. Listen, you know August 15th is a very special day for BaeYul," she started.

"Their anniversary is next week huh!" Sooyoung chimed in.

"Yep. And Youngbae asked if he could use the cafe that day to celebrate their four year anniversary. I said yes, of course, so the cafe will be closed the whole day. Youngbae is going to take Yuri out somewhere and in the evening they'll come back. By then we'll have the cafe ready with our close friends to celebrate."

"Awwwe," all the girls said jealously.

"Wait hush!" Taeyeon hissed. "Yuri can't find out about this alright? He has some surprises in store so you guys have to shush. See if you guys can help out that day. Wooyoung knows about it so he'll be over, i'm pretty sure Youngbae told Seungri and Jay. Tiffany can you see if Taec and Khun can make it too?" Taeyeon directed.

The girls all nodded. "We'll tell Sunny, Hyoyeon and Yoona later," Taeyeon advised. The girls all nodded again and went back to their business.

There was another vicious knock at the door and the girls opened it. Yuri, Yoona, Hyoyeon and Sunny clamored into the house. "I guess we didn't miss anything," Hyoyeon said when she saw the pile of rejected movies and the empty, clean bowls on the kitchen table.

"Just getting started," Sooyoung laughed.

Finally, after everyone showered and was ready for a movie, the girls watched Tangled and of course got teary eyed at the wedding of Rapunzel and Eugene. Taeyeon noticed how Yuri was getting especially worked up and Taeyeon couldn't help smiling at the thought of how happy she would be next week. Then she realized that the rest of the girls would probably be even happier.

I'll have to bring lots of tissues. Taeyeon noted.

Next to Taeyeon sat Tiffany, who had longingly been looking at her phone through out the whole movie. When it finally lighted up Tiffany quickly grabbed it, a smile on her face.

"Oppa said he can make it," Tiffany whispered to Taeyeon. Taeyeon nodded and looked around to see that most of the girls had fallen asleep.

"Well you should head to bed too. You have to go to the academy tomorrow," Tiffany said to Taeyeon. The two friends grabbed blankets and made sure that the other girls were warm, and then headed to their room that they shared.

"Tiffany, Yuri will be so happy," Taeyeon said dreamily.

"She will," Tiffany replied, smiling.

Taeyeon didn't know if she was smiling for Yuri or if she was smiling at her phone, but she assumed it was both and went to sleep.

When Tiffany heard Taeyeon's snoring, she tiptoed out of the room and out to the balcony.

"Oppa, hello?" she whispered.

"If all the girls are asleep I think you should be sleeping too Fany-ah," Taecyeon's voice scolded his best friend.

"No it's okay, we can talk a bit," Tiffany answered, smiling at the night sky. "Oppa, look at the moon," she ordered.

"Okay I'm looking at it," Taecyeon replied.

"We're looking at the same moon," Tiffany laughed.

"You're so weird," Taecyeon said. But Tiffany knew he was smiling as he said it and he really was.

"I'm weird, then what are you?" Tiffany shot back.

"I guess I'm weird too. Whatever you are I am too," Taecyeon laughed.

Tiffany blushed and was smiling.

"That's what best friends are like huh," Taecyeon said.

Tiffany's smile faded a bit. "Yeah oppa! Best friend status!" she said with fake laughter.

"Okay now my best friend I think you should go to bed. Beauty sleep," Taecyeon joked.

"Arasso oppa, I'll be good and listen to you," Tiffany said. "Goodnight,"

"Good night Mushroom," Taecyeon said with a chuckle, and hung up.

Tiffany sighed as she walked back inside. "Best friends," she muttered to herself. She headed back into the room and was relieved when she found Taeyeon still asleep.

She quietly got onto the bed, pulled the covers up to her chin and went to sleep, dreaming of two proposals; Youngbae to Yuri, and Taecyeon to her.

 

Hey guys! This is a bit.. ehh. but I hope you guys like it so far!

This chap is so long sobs/

It's just an introduction okay!!

Yes it's TaecFany again, but also Taeyang & Yuri and WooTae and other couples!.

I hope I don't fail. I'm almost done with Let Him Love Me! so I decided to start another fanfic.

Subscribe, upvote and please comment!