The Mermaid Life: Meet the Witch

The Mermaid Life: Wish

 

You swim carefully and cautioned into the far-off East with Shelly. You stop when you saw a giant net blocking from mermaids and merman to go in. You take out the knife from the bag and swim toward to the net. You grab the net and started to cut the net. Shelly look at the giant net with scared in her eyes. It's clearly that she doesn't want to go to the forbidden.

Once you're done cutting, you put the knife back in your bag and place your two hands between the small holes. You grabbed it and tore it open as you can with your strength. Finally the hole is big enough for you and Shelly to go through. You smile cheerfully, "Okay, let's go Shelly." you turn around and noticed that Shelly didn't move.

You frown in worried, "What's wrong Shelly?" Shelly shakes her head and swim backward. You realize what Shelly is trying to do, "Shelly, you don't want to come with me?" you asked Shelly and Shelly shakes her head softly.

You sigh, "I understand, Shelly. You can go back to the cave. I'll just go alone." you said then you were about to swim through the hole but Shelly quickly swims and grabs your fin with .

You stopped as you turn to Shelly, "Shelly, what are you doing?" Shelly shakes her head violently not letting you go.

You sigh once again, "Shelly... you have to let me go. This is my chance; you know I always wanted to become a human. Please, let me go." you said to Shelly. Shelly eyes shown sadness as she let go of your fin. You smile at Shelly, "Here..." you take off your flower pendant necklace and place it around Shelly. "This is my favorite necklace. I want you to take care of it for me." you said with a smile and then you peck Shelly's forehead.

"I love you Shelly." you said then you turn around and swim through the hole. Shelly just watches you swimming the other side of the net, Shelly let out cry for you and she's all alone now.

...

You look around cautioned, everything is too dark, quiet, and empty. You shiver from creepy goose bumps since you're not used to it. Then there is an electric eel came, you just froze in fear as the electric eel came slowly to you. The electric eel swim around you as you are still in froze and then the electric eel swim front of you. It stop and stares at you, you look at the electric eel. The electric eel swim slowly ahead of you and somehow you has a feeling that electric eel wants you to follow it.

So you follow the electric eels somewhere where it taking you to.

-The Witch Place-

You saw the giant shark skull as you pause and stare at it. The electric eel already went inside and you look around.

You gulped in nervously as you swim cautioned to the giant shark skull. "Welcome, my dear." you shudder at the soft and yet deep voice.

"I see that my pet has lead you here. Isn't he wonderful?" you look around to see where the voice comes from. The voice chuckled; "Come to the pot." you saw a big black pot standing on the middle. You swim slowly to the pot, "That's a good girl, now tell me. What are you doing here?" you gulped nervously and playing with your fingers.

"Umm... I heard things... and is it true... can you grant wish?" you asked the witch.

The witch laugh, "Why dear, of course I can grant the wish. Depends what kind of wish." you bit your bottom lip then you lean up straight, "I came here to have my wish grant." you said with courage.

The witch humming, "What's your wish?" you lip your lips, "My wish is to become... human." you said.

The witch laughs again, "That's easy." your eyes shown hopeful, "If that's your wish then I will grant it however there's a catch." you nodded your head knowing there might be cost.

"I have gold mercoins." you said with bunch of gold mercoins on your bag and the witch laugh once again.

"Hahaha, I don't use gold mercoins. It's more than that, you can become human for one day only." you frown as you shakes your head.

"No... I want to become human forever!" you said. The voice start to humming, "Well, I'm sorry. I cannot do that. You have to leave then." your eyes wide in shock and speechless.

"No! Please! I'll do anything!" you begging the witch while look around. "You...will do anything?" you nodded your head.

"Of course!" you said then the witch finally comes out of the darkness. Your eyes widen at the sight of the witch.

She tilted her head, "Is that so? Then let's make a deal." she said as she swim to the pot. You swallowed hard and the witch pour the poison in the pot, "As you can see, my skin it not in good condition. I'm lucky to be alive of course, but my skin is not healthy." the witch said then she stir the pot, "I need the seven stones. In order to have my skin to become health, I'll be even more healthy that I can swim anywhere under the sea without having fear around me." she said then she looks at you.

You just stare at her, "If you give me the seven stones... I can actually grant your wish to become a girl forever, and stay young forever." you look at her with hopeful eyes. "Really? Can you do that?" you asked the witch, the witch nodded her head.

"Of course I can." you lean forward, "Then where can I find the seven stones?" you asked as the witch frown.

"The seven stones are on the Neverland." you defeated, "Oh..." you sigh. The witch smile, "Don't worry dear, my power is limit... I can still grant your wish. You will become human for fifty days to find the seven stones." you look at her.

"I can?" you asked with excited voice as the witch nodded her head. "Yes, you can. If you found all seven stones, you will be human forever." you smile wide then you thought about it, "But wait, what if I can't find all the stones?" you asked the witch.

The witch put the mini pearls in the pot, "Then you will be back to mermaid... and you will lose your voice." she said. You stare at her in dumbfounded, "What?"

The witch stares at you, "If you don't success, your voice will be taken as payment and punishment and stay mermaid forever like it used to be." the witch said. You look down thinking, 'If I find all the stones... I can be a girl forever, stay young forever too... but if I don't find all the stones... I'll be mute mermaid forever...' you thought then you look at the witch.

You nodded your head, "Okay." you agreed. The witch smile wide as she quickly take all the small jars and put everything in the pot, "Perfect!" the smoke came out of the pot as you blink.

The witch take colorful mist out of the pot as it freely swim around and slowly toward to you, "You must quickly swim to the surface before your tail change. And before you do that, there's one rule that you must not broke, Do Not Fall In Love. Understand?" the witch asked as you nodded your head.

The witch swim backward, "Good, now go!" You quickly swim all the way to the surface as the colorful mist follows you.

The witch smiles turn to evil smirk, "Perfect. Another one. Many mermaids and mermen always fail the mission... they are useless... but that girl is different." the witch said as she snap her fingers. The rock door open itself, she swims inside the room. "We have another one again. Who know she might success or not." the witch smirk evilly. Front of her, mermaids and mermen are sick and dying behind the bars. The witch let out an evil laugh.

...

You finally out of the surface as you swim toward to the shore. You panting, and you feel something weird. You glance down and saw legs, your legs. You smile at it, 'I have legs!' you thought as you slowly close your eyes. And before you completely black out, you feel fabric cover your body, "Are you okay?" a concerned voice said in your ears as you black out. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Phew, it's kinda hard to write beginning sometimes but it's kinda fun! :)

Next Chapter: The Mermaid Life: Welcome to Neverland

Look forward!!! xDD