Heartbeat

Yongseo on Running Man

All the couples went into separate rooms with different cameras. The camera man attached wires to the girls so they could measure the heartbeat. 

Gwangsoo stood outside all alone, and his theme song came on.

Jongkook and Tiffany's Room

"All right, Fany, you can do this!" Jongkook said, clapping his hands.

Tiffany was running like crazy in place to get her heartbeat up.

"Oppa, isn't is easier to do something else?" Fany complained. All the other members were doing who knows what with their partner, and here she was running.

"No! This is a surefire way! Plus, I'm not good with girls." Jongkook said.

"Geez, I wonder why," Fany muttered and returned back to her excercise session.

Jonghyun and Yoona's Room

"..."

"..."

Ackward silence.

"So, Yoona ssi, we met before in Music Bank," Jonghyun said, breaking the silence.

"Yes, I interviewed you."

"... You were... nice..." 

Yoona could feel her face getting red, mostly due to her heart beating so fast she could almost hear it.

"Well, Jonghyun ssi, um...when's your birthday?"

"May 15th, 1990."

"Hey! Mine's May 30th, the same year! We're the same age."

"Yeah.... you can call me Jonghyun...can I call you Yoona?"

"Sure, Jonghyun..." Yoona fanned herself.

"It's pretty hot in here, huh, Yoona?"

"Yes, Jonghyun..." One of her wires came undone. 

Jonghyun leaned over and tucked it back on her hand. They held it for a second longer than they needed to.

Yoona's heartbeat skyrocketed.

Hyoyeon and Sukjin's Room

"Hello, oppa."

"Hello, Hyoyeon."

"..."

"..."

Gary and JiHyo's Room

"All right, oppa. Dazzle me." JiHyo sat down with her arms crossed.

"I got a better idea on how to make your heartbeat go up..." Gary leaned in.

"Aah! Gross, oppa! Aah!" JiHyo screamed and frantically got up.

"I'm kidding," Gary sat back down.

"Whew!" JiHyo sat back down, her face red. 

"Are you Apollo's kid?" Gary asked suddenly.

"What? What are you talking about?"

"Because you're lighting up my world."

JiHyo's face didn't even twitch. "If that's all you got, oppa, you're gonna have a better chance of raising my heartbeat by making me run, like Tiffany's doing."

Jongkook and Tiffany (again)

"Oppa.... I.... can't do it.... anymore...." Tiffany huffed.

"Keep on going!" Jongkook encouraged her.

Yonghwa and Seohyun's Room

"Hello, oppa." Seohyun said quietly.

"Hello, Hyun. Why don't you call me Yong like you used to?" He poked her.

She smiled adnd poked him back. "All right, Yong. Now, what are you up to?"

Yonghwa's face turned serious. "Well, after our marriage ended..."

"Our virtual marriage," Seohyun reminded him.

"Yeah, that. I've been thinking. And... I think I want to be with you for real."

Seohyun's heartbeat rose. She tried to study Yonghwa for signs of him supressing a smile, but his expression was dead serious.

Well, he's an actor, Seohyun thought. There was a brief silence before Yonghwa continued.

"Do you know Bruno Mars, Hyun?"

"Yes, oppa. Why?"

"Do you know his songs?"

"Not that well, why?"

"Because I'm going to sing you one of them."

Yonghwa pulled out a rubber band and started plucking. 

"It's a beautiful night

We're looking for something dumb to do,

Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you." 

Yonghwa kept singing lines of the song softly.

It was a proposal surrounded by cameras, with a rubber band guitar, and not even a ring.

Seohyun's heartbeat went through the roof.


Everyone poured out of the room.

"Oh my gosh, I thought I'd die." Hyoyeon said.

"I don't think Hyoyeon had a good experience with this game." Jaesuk said, laughing.

"We didn't talk for ten minutes." Hyoyeon explained.

"Sukjin hyung, you do not know how to treat a lady." Jongkook said.

Tiffany burst out laughing.

"What?" Jongkook said.

"You're not in the position to be talking, oppa." Tiffany said, laughing.

"Yeah, Jongkook, what's up with the sweaty Fany, anyway?" Sukjin said, glad the attention was away from him.

"I just simply took the most sucessful, dependent, and logical route."

"By making me run a mile in place? Nuh uh." Tiffany shook her head, causing everyone to laugh.

"What happened to the Monday Couple?" Haha asked, curious about their chemistry.

"Gary oppa tried to attack me." JiHyo pretended to shiver. 

"Nightmare," Gwangsoo agreed, until Gary punched him lightly.

"Ow!" Gwangsoo howled and fell down dramatically.

"Pay no attention to him, girls. He's not as evolved as us." Jaesuk said.

"Hyung!" Gwangsoo stood up and stared at Jaesuk, obviously annoyed.

"Why are our two couples with an actual chance of winning so silent?" Sukjin asked.

"Oh...well, we were sorta like Hyoyeon and Sukjin hyung." Yoona bit her lips.

"It didn't go that well." Jonghyun gave them a glance that made them sure that they weren't going to say more.

Jaesuk cleared his throat. "What about our Yongseo Couple?"

Yonghwa, getting the hint that Jaesuk wanted to bring the mood up again, smiled slyly. "I stole her heart."

That caused a burst of shouting and jealous glances. 

"What have you done with our maknae?"

"What happens in the room, stays in our room." Yonghwa winked.

"Until it goes on the TV." Haha retorted.

Seohyun turned bright red. Her unnies started casting her teasing glances. And that wasn't good for any reason at all.

"I'll just say, I know how to charm a girl using a rubber band." 

"What? Did you make her a rubber band double star?" Gwangsoo said.

"Even better." 

They started shouting again, so Yonghwa couldn't make out anyone saying anything.

Except one person.

"It was only acting though, right Yonghwa oppa?" Seohyun glanced at him, obviously desperate to make the members stop talking about them.

There was a silence, waiting for Yonghwa's reply.

He pondered his choices, then replied very carefully.

"Well... what if it wasn't an act?"

Shouting broke out, cameras zoomed in on them, and Seohyun just stared at Yonghwa in shock.

Not an act? Her eyes seemed to ask.

Yonghwa just winked and turned away, leaving Seohyun still talking.

It was an act. Even this is just acting. Just a scheme to win the game.

And he suceeded. 

Seohyun decided on that and tried to ignore the suspicious glances toward the couple.