Because You're Something More

Yongseo on Running Man

Yonghwa let Taeyeon's words ring in his ears.

"You want to... you want to... you want to...."

He sighed and trudged back to Seohyun.

"Are, are you okay, oppa?" Seohyun asked.

"Yeah, but just for peple's sake, let's not hold hands."

"But-"

"I don't care if we lose." He tied his shoes with a pout on his face.

"Al.. alright oppa." Seohyun looked in his eyes carefully, searching for anger.

She found it.

"Are you mad?" Seohyun asked abruptly, breaking the silence.

"No, Hyun. It's...nothing." Yonghwa started off by himself.

"Oppa, wait-" Seohyun screamed as the bracelet ripped in half.

"Jung Yonghwa, Seohyun, Out," a monotone voice proclaimed over the speakers.

"Oppa!" Seohyun said, glaring playfully. "That was the dumbest way to get out!"

Yonghwa grinned, and Seohyun sighed with relief.

As they were led to "jail", Yonghwa fidgeted with teh broken bracelet.

"Joohyun? Can I ask you something?" He muttered in a low voice.

He sounded serious and all of his playfullness was gone.

"Hmm? What?"

Seohyun walked, staring at their feet, trying to match her's with Yonghwa's.

"Why... why don't you talk in banmal with me?"

Seohyun turned silent.

"You talk to Kyuhyun hyung in banmal. Jungmo hyung in banmal. Why not me?"

Seohyun quietly stared at the ground as they walk. Finally, she answered.

"They're more comfortable. Because... because those oppas can never be a guy to me."

Seohyun bit her lips as Yonghwa stared at her.

"Wait, what does that-" Yonghwa began, but stopped abruptly.

Seohyun ran off to jail, leaving Yonghwa behind.

Yonghwa stood there, stunned, trying to interpret what Seohyun said.

His heartbeat raced as he thought about the only thing that could mean.

Does that mean... you see me as a guy?


"What happened?" Hyoyeon said when Seohyun raced into the jail, her face red.

"I knew you were going to be here, unnie," Seohyun said, giggling at the sight of Sukjin. 

"Stop avoiding my question. And where's Yong seobang? Don't tell me..." 

"What?" Seohyun asked nervously, worried Hyoyeon could tell what she said to Yonghwa.

"He's a spy!" Hyoyeon screamed and collapsed in laughter.

Seohyun laughed. "No, he's coming," she said, brushing her hair out of her face.

Seohyun sat down next to Hyoyeon, who turned and started chatting away to her.

"Why did you guys get out so quickly?" Hyoyeon asked, peeling a banana.

"Uh.. Nothing. Stupid mistake. Yonghwa ssi ripped the bracelet." 

Seohyun bit her lips nervously and wondered if Hyoyeon could tell the nervousness in her voice.

Soon Sukjin and Hyoyeon were laughing and joking around with Haha and Taeyeon, who came in shortly after.

Still no sign of Yonghwa.

"Are you sure he's coming?" Hyoyeon asked, frowning, all of her playfulness gone.

Yonghwa silently walked in and sat down next to Sukjin instead of Seohyun.

"Yonghwa, go sit next to your wife," Sukjin teased.

Yonghwa pretended to grin and moved to sit down next to her.

Seohyun stared at him for a brief second.

His eyes didn't meet hers like it usually did, and his gaze was cold and pokerfaced.

Seohyun blinked away tears, knowing that he probably thought she was a little girl who illuded herself.

Then for a millisecond, Yonghwa glanced at Seohyun.

And then quickly, and tightly grasped her hand. 

Squeeze.

Seohyun felt like she could fly, and her tears still glistening in the corners of her eye, she smiled.

And although Yonghwa was looking straight forward, he was grinning too.

 

I'm glad you like me too oppa.

Because I'm a fool who's too shy for anything.

This was the first time I ever told anyone I liked them.

And I can't say things the way I want to.

It probably came out wrong. You were probably shocked at first.

But I'm glad you overlooked that and understood what I meant.

Because... I thought I'd regret it forever.

If.. if I let you go again.

 


A/N: Long time, no see!!! And I mean it too. :) I'm kinda still on my writer's block, so if you guys can pitch me some ideas for games, that'll be great!! I know this one was short, I'll try to update about once a month now if I can... Been kinda swiped up with schoolwork! So... hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and leave your ideas in comments!!