The Third Idol Olympics

Yongseo on Running Man

"Yonghwa ssi?" Yonghwa's manager poked him in the arm. He turned abruptly and smiled.

"Yes?"

"Well, we just got a request to appear on a show as a guest."

"Cool, tell me the deets."

"The filming's gonna last about a week because you'll be traveling around the Korean peninsula. If this goes sucessful, you might be invited for the second filming in America."

"Sounds awesome. What's the show?"

"Um... Running Man."

"Great! Did you know that I'm the most appeared guest on Running Man?" Yonghwa smiled proudly.

"And Jonghyun is invited too."

"This gets better and better! Do we have any other guests appearing with us?"

"They didn't tell us. Something about it being a surprise." He lied. The manager was supposed to tell him about the race, but he couldn't resist since he wanted to see the look on Yonghwa's face when he found out the truth.

"I'm in! Did Jonghyun say yes? Jaesuk hyung really liked him."

"Jonghyun said yes."

"Share the spotlight? Man, I have to decide what to wear, so I can crush Jonghyun's presence. I'm calling stylist noona. See you later!"

As soon as Yonghwa was out of sight, Yonghwa's mangaer smiled slyly.

"Special Running Man episode: Third Idol Olympic! Traveling around the Korean Peninsula with Yongseo Couple reunion! Yongseo vs Monday couple!" The manager read the text message aloud.

"Oh, Yonghwa. You're going to be so happy."


"Unnie!!"

"Yes, Hyun?" Yoona turned toward their maknae, teasing her about her marriage.

"Uggh! Stop calling me that! Anyway, manager oppa said 5 of us are invited to Running Man!"

"Which 5?"

"You and me... and I don't remember the other three. I think it was Taeyeon, Tiffany, Yuri and I'm pretty sure Hyoyeon."

"Haha, looks like they needed someone to match up with Sukjin oppa!" Yoona doubled over.

Taeyeon, Tiffany, Yuri and Hyoyeon walked into the room and stared at Yoona.

"What's up with her?" Tiffany asked, pointing.

"She's laughing because we're invited on Running Man, just the 6 of us."

"How is that even moderately funny?"

"Oh, because she thinks the only reason Hyoyeon unnie was invited is because of Sukjin oppa."

"What?! IM YOONA!" Hyoyeon tackled Yoona.

Taeyeon and Tiffany stifled their laughter. "It's kinda true," Yuri said.

"No! I"m determined to get a handsome partner this time!"

"It sounded like it was just us and Running Man cast, no one handsome."

"You are so evil, Yoona!"

"Unnie! There must be another guest! Running Man is famous for their boy-boy couples."

"You're right, Hyun. Hmmm..."

Seohyun clapped her hands. "Oh yeah! Manager oppa promised to send me a copy of the text message he got!"

Seohyun pulled out her phone and everyone croweded around her.

"Special Running Man episode: Third Idol Olympic! Traveling around the Korean Peninsula with Yongseo Couple reunion! Yongseo vs Monday couple!" Taeyeon read out loud as other members collapsed in giggles.

Seohyun turned red and put her phone away. "It'll be nice to see Yonghwa oppa again, as long as someone doesn't make it embarrassing."

She looked at her unnies.

"Fine, we promise." The five unnies put on a solemn face.

Seohyun sighed in relief. Then, five seconds after they promised, the unnies doubled over again and started singing.

"Yonghwa and Seohyun sitting in a tree.."

Seohyun sighed. This was going to be a hard reunion.


"Look on the bright side, Seohyun! You are going to be at the center of attention!"

The manager pathetically tried to console Seohyun. He apologized a million times when Seohyun asked about the filming.

"It's.. okay, manager oppa. It's just my unnies." She gestured toward the unnies, still shooting mischevious looks at each other.

"Well, I'm glad I don't have to put up with you and Yonghwa, since I'll be leaving first."

He smiled at the girls. "All right, girls. We're here. And have fun! I'll be back in a week!"

He dropped them off and drove away. 

"Now what?" Hyoyeon asked.

Myuk PD showed up right when she said that. "Hello, ladies! Thank you so much for coming on our shows!"

"Do the members know that we are the guests?" Tiffany asked as he led them to the set, where filming already begun.

"Shh! They're filming their intro already! And no, but they're plenty excited to find out the guests!"

The six girls huddled and stood in a line. Next to them, a giant wall was set between them and other silhouettes. 

"That must be Yong Seobang! But who's the other silhouette..." Yoona glanced around curiously.

"I guess we'll find out!" Hyoyeon said brightly, and they waited for the Running Man members to be done with their intro.


"Welcome to another week of Running Man!" Jaesuk announced brightly.

Running Man members were all packed up with suitcases by their sides for the long trip for a week. 

"Hyung! This is just getting embarrassing! To us, and to the viewers!" Haha gestured toward the skinny jeans Jaesek was wearing.

"What? Don't make me mention those plastic bags you're wearing!"

"Hyung, it's fashion."

"Yah! I could hear you coming, with all that rustling from your bags!" Jongkook laughed.

"FASHION! You people don't know anything!" Haha scoffed.

"YAH!" Jaesuk yelled as they started wrestling.

"Yah, Jihyo yah. Aren't you cold?"

"Yes, a little oppa. Why?" Jihyo glanced curiously at Gary.

He took off his jacket and put it around Jihyo.

"You guys are still the same, despite the fact that Jihyo's dating!" Sukjin said.

Jihyo blushed.

"Well, I heard from the PDs that Monday couple is going to have some tough competition today! Who is it?"

"I bet theyr'e behind that curtain!"

"Hey! Then is it a couple race today? Girl idols?"

Runnign Man members got excited and talked over each other. Jaesuk calmed everyone down.

"All right! Without further ado, let's see who our guests are!"

One of the curtains dropped down, and Yonghwa and Jonghyun walked out.

Gary glared at Jihyo, who was cheering. Although Running Man members were happily greeting the old timers, they couldn't help the disappointed expressions on their face. 

"What? We wanted girl idols!"

"Come on! Well, let's welcome CNBlue!"

"Hyung, thanks for the WARM welcome." Yonghwa joked and Jaesuk smiled sheepishly.

"Well, we wouldn't only have one girl member! Let's see who's behind the other curtain!"

There was silence as the curtains dropped.

It was followed by a loud cheering.

"SNSD!!" Gwangsoo cheered.

"Hyung, you're married now!" Gwangsoo said again as Haha rushed to hug the members.

"Sorry, Byul." Haha looked at the camera solemnly, and everyone laughed.

"Hey, such different treatment from you guys! Wow, you guys are girl-thirsty!" Jonghyun protested weakly.

But even him stepped closer to say hello to the girl group.

Taeyeon smiled. "Only 6 members could come today, this being such a long term race."

"That's right. This last is going to last a full week." Gary smiled at Jihyo. "A full week with Jihyo!"

Haha pretended to puke.

Yonghwa started saying hi to the group, until he recognized a familiar face.

"Hyun?"

All the SNSD unnies cracked up, and Jonghyun looked shocked and amused. "A Yongseo reunion! Nice touch, PD nim!" Jonghyun said.

"Annyeonghaseyo, oppa." Seohyun bowed politely.

Sukjin smiled. "They're so young. Such a cute couple!"

They both blushed.

Jaesuk laughed and slapped Yonghwa on the back. "Looks like Monday Couple is going to have some competition after all! Please welcome Yongseo Couple, SNSD, and Jonghyun! Let the Korean Peninsula Race begin!"