Couple Selection

Yongseo on Running Man

Jaesuk claps his hands. "What's next, PD nim?"

The PD hands him the mission card.

"Couple Selection! The girls will choose their partner one by one! The order will be drawn at random, and the couples may change in the middle of the race!"

Of couse, everyone starts talking again. Jaesuk holds up his hands and everyone quiets down.

"Everyone! All right, who will be the first one to pick their partner?"

The PD shows them a pink box. "This box contains a ball with every girl's name on it. Whoever gets picked first will decide their partner first. One of you can draw the names."

He hands them the box.

"I'll draw," Yonghwa volunteers. 

He sticks his hand inside the box and pulls out a ball.

"Song JiHyo," he says. 

Gary waits nervously. "Please! Leave me for today! Pretend we're not the Monday Couple!" Gary begs to JiHyo who stopped in front of him. 

Haha laughs. "Gary hyung wants to be with a Girl's Generation member."

JiHyo half drags Gary to the waiting podium for chosen couples. "Come on, Galle, it's Monday."

Everyone laughs, and other Running Man memebers laugh out of relief.

Then Jonghyun metions the unfortunate situation. "Um... there's 6 girls and 7 guys left."

Everyone turns silent. It only lasts a second before everyone starts shouting out complaints.

The PD hushes everyone. "I will tell the girls they can go back if you guys don't be quiet!"

Silence.

Yonghwa clears his throat and reach in again.

"Im Yoona." 

"Yah! You can call me more politely, Jung Yonghwa!" Im Yoona shoves Yonghwa.

"Yoona! Are you picking Yong Seobang?" Hyoyeon calls.

She turns bright red. "Of course not! I have someone else in mind!"

She blushes and turns to Jonghyun, who's biting his lips nervously.

"I pick Jonghyun."

"Is this a beginning of a new romance?" Jongkook teases.

Yoona smiles shyly and Jonghyun and Yoona walks to the podium, hand in hand.

"I think my lead guitarist is falling in love! I never seen him so red!" Yonghwa whistles and Jonghyun shoves him as they walk by.

The next to choose is Taeyeon. She walks around as the members stare at her pleadingly.

"I pick my old partner!" She declares, and takes Haha's hand.

"YES!" Haha jumps up as if he won a million dollars.

"Hyung, your wife." Gwangsoo says.

"Sorry, Byul. I"m Taeyeon's man for today." He smiles at the camera.

The Kid Couple skips to the podium and everyone laughs.

"Yah! Haha! You're almost the same height as Taeyeon! A little shorter...." Jaesuk pretends to stare at their difference in heights.

Haha glares at Jaesuk murderously.

The girls are getting nervous now. As Yonghwa draw out another name, they can't help but shout, "Who is it?"

Yonghwa smiles slyly. "The next person.... will be revealed after 60 seconds."

"Boo! Cheesy!" Everyone shouts out complaints.

Yonghwa puts up his hands in surrender. "Alright, the next person is... Yuri."

Gwangsoo falls to his knees.

"I've done everything for you! Come on, Yuri. Our chemistry from before?"

Jaesuk steps forward and knocks Gwangsoo on the head.

"NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!"

Yuri smiles. "Thank you, oppa." 

Yuri steps forward to take Jaesuk's arm. "I choose you."

Jaesuk smiles widely and starts to dance.

"YooHyun strikes again!" Yonghwa says as he reaches in to pull another ball out. It reads Tiffany.

Tiffany stares at who's left. 

Yonghwa, Jongkook, Gwangsoo, and Sukjin.

"Wow, Yonghwa haven't been picked yet." Sukjin says in surprise.

"I know! This is an insult!"

"Hey, we're plenty handsome too." Gwangsoo poses. 

"Well, you haven't been picked because we all know who you belong with." Jongkook says.

"Yup! Me!" Tiffany locks her arm in Yonghwa's as everyone turns silent.

"What?" Tiffany says, laughing.

"I'm not complaining," Yonghwa says, causing everyone to laugh.

But there was a hint of disappointment in his eyes.

Seohyun is drawn next, and she stares at the three guys left.

"Hmm..." Then, she walks over to the waiting podium and taps Yonghwa on the shoulder.

Everyone stares, shocked.

"I pick Yonghwa oppa! I"m sorry, unnie. I can't share this one thing."

Jaesuk bursts out laughing, and everyone follows.

"A love triangle? This is like a soap opera!" Jongkook says.

"What's next? They turn out to be siblings?" Gwangsoo adds on.

"Well, Yonghwa, it's up to you! Who do you pick?"

Yonghwa scratches his head, then decides.

"I pick Seohyun. I'm sorry, Tiffany, but you're my sister in law."

Disappointed, Tiffany walks off the podium and Seohyun takes her place. 

"Hey! If she's your sister in law, are you getting married again?"

Yonghwa smiles slyly. Before he can reply, Seohyun covers his mouth.

"NO! I mean, it's not like that."

"Hmm... you guys are still suspicious." Tiffany says as she walks over and half drags Jongkook.

"Yes! I got picked!" He shouts. 

"Just so you know, Tiffany unnie is pretty strong. We call her Hulk..." Seohyun says.

"Hulk and the Tiger?" Jaesuk pretends to shiver. "Nightmare."

"Hyung!" Jongkook ligtly punches Jaesuk and he collapses in fake pain.

Hyoyeon walks up.

"Again?" She groans and everyone laughs.

"Hyoyeon has the worst of luck."

"Well, I might as well pick someone for old time's sake." Hyoyeon sighs.

"Yes!" Sukjin pumps his fist up in the air. Gwangsoo collapses in shock.

"I lost to Sukjin hyung?" He mutters in disbelief.

"Now, now, Gwangsoo. There migh be a team change later." Haha pats Gwangsoo on the back.

"Couples are done! Now what do we do?"

"All right! We're going to play the first game on the spot! It's called Hearbeat!"

The members look confused.

"The point of the game is to raise your girl partner's heartbeat up as much as you can. The group with the person who had the highest heartbeat of the girl wins!"

"Yonghwa, it can't be too tough for you, huh?" Sukjin elbows Yonghwa.

He smiles shyly and looks at Seohyun.

Their eyes meet for a second, but they quickly look away.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's start the game!"