Revelation 6: The Last Revelation

Dark Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon had just arrived home. She was worried for Jessica. After walking Krystal back to her dorm, she hurriedly rushed to her own home to assess her other sister’s state. Krystal had been sulking while they were heading to the young girl’s dorm but she tried to pacify the younger girl with possible excuses for the one currently in bed.

To Taeyeon’s relief, Krystal had managed to find a means to keep her frustration to a minimum. After leaving the younger girl’s dormitory, Taeyeon now found her own arrival in her own home a little relieving. She was tired after all.

As soon as she stepped into the living room, Taeyeon found Jessica standing right outside their shared bedroom. She was about to inquire of the younger twin’s current state but her eyes caught a different air in the younger girl.

Jessica was paler than usual. Her ruffled brunette hair partially covered her eyes but Taeyeon never failed to notice the change in those eyes. Her crimson eyes were deeper, redder. And there was something else in them. There was a different kind of hunger in those eyes. Or was it thirst?

“Sooyeon-“

Taeyeon’s question was cut off when she found herself being tackled by a gush of wind. Then, Jessica’s face appeared before her as she hit the floor. The younger one was pinning her down with raw strength. Taeyeon knew that the thirst had taken over her vampire twin.

“I’m thirsty…” Jessica mumbled as she straddled the older girl. Her fangs never failed to catch Taeyeon’s observant eyes.

“That’s why you need blood, Sooyeon…” Taeyeon pointed out calmly.

The vampire opened , fangs protruding and ready to sink into the milk white flesh of her angelic sister. Taeyeon cupped Jessica’s face startling the younger girl.

“Sooyeon…” Taeyeon’s brown eyes now bore into the soulless eyes of her twin sister. “Fight it. You said you don’t want to become like them…”

As if Jessica’s delirious state had understood, her hands supporting her weakened and her body collapsed over Taeyeon. Her head now rested on her sister’s chest and Taeyeon caressed her with gentleness. Tears streamed down the younger one’s cheeks.

“I’m sorry…” Jessica’s voice was inaudible, yet it didn’t escape Taeyeon’s ears.

“Not your fault, Sooyeon.”

“But it is…”

“No, it isn’t.”

“H-How is she?”

“She’s… She’s fine although she was clearly disappointed when you didn’t show up…”

Jessica sniffled before responding, “It’s your fault.”

“I know. But I’m doing what’s best for you…”

“You’re hurting our youngest sister in the process…”

“It won’t hurt her that much… you, on the other hand, are more fragile…”

“Is that favoritism I’m sensing?”

A chuckle came from Taeyeon. “No. I only do what’s best for all of us.”

“Then, let me visit her…” Jessica suddenly said.

“You can visit her some other time, Sooyeon.”

Jessica got up, her hands supporting her frame which hovered above her sister. “No. I want to visit her now.”

“You’re too weak, Sooyeon…”

The vampire’s eyes turned deep crimson again. Jessica smiled at her older twin before she disappeared from Taeyeon’s sight. Now, a looming fear invaded Taeyeon’s body. Jessica was going after Krystal…

‘I have to stop her before it’s too late…’
 

***


Krystal was engrossed with her notes as she settled on her study table to read more about world history. Her rough scribbles on the paper indicated her mood on that day of lecture. She was bored and barely awake when she wrote down those details of the Egyptian empire. A sigh escaped her lips. It was way past nine in the evening and she had yet to study for a test on literature tomorrow.

A cold wind blew through her window sending chills down her spine. The sting of winter made her flinch and shiver. She held herself as she stood up to close the opened window from which the rogue breeze passed through.

When she had turned to head back to her seat, a surprising figure welcomed her. Krystal was startled frozen. She couldn’t believe what she’s seeing.

“Unnie?” Krystal managed to blurt out after recovering from her shock.

The figure before her didn’t speak. Krystal eyed the unexpected visitor. Jessica was paler than usual and clad in her white nightgown. Jessica seemed to have just gotten out of bed much to the younger girl’s surprise. Her skin was as white as snow. Her face was expressionless. A blank slate. There was nothing that Krystal could read from her though the youngest noticed something off.

Jessica’s crimson eyes seemed to display a deeper tint of red despite the dimmed lighting of Krystal’s room. Krystal also noticed something else from the way their eyes met. Jessica seemed to be out of it. Her sister, Krystal now sensed, had been longing for her.

“Sooyeon…” Krystal spoke softly as she strode towards her unmoved figure of a sister.

Jessica never opened to speak. The older girl just stared back at her with a blank expression. It was as if Jessica was just observing her. Krystal saw that hint of longing though. The hidden meaning behind Jessica’s stare never fazed the youngest Jung.

When Krystal was now just at an arm’s length from her sister, surprise overtook the younger girl when Jessica disappeared before her. Krystal soon found herself being pushed back onto the wall by an unseen force. A grunt came from her lips as the back of her head hit the wall. When she opened her eyes, she saw Jessica’s face a few inches from hers.

She soon realized that it was her very own sister that had caused her to move. The question was, how did she manage to do it unseen?

“Unnie-“

Krystal tried to ask but she was hushed by a finger that Jessica pressed against her lips. The maknae’s body was pinned against the wall by her own sister’s form. Their foreheads touched and Krystal stared into captivating red eyes that seemed to convey a lot of secrets. Jessica’s skin felt as cold as ice but Krystal didn’t seem to mind it one bit.

“Hush, Soojung.” Jessica’s voice was delicate, almost seductively sweet. Krystal could only comply.

Krystal’s breath hitched upon feeling her sister’s breath take hers. They were both breathing the same air. Their bodies were too close for comfort and their eyes were caught in a silent dance.

“Soojung…” Krystal saw Jessica break the eye contact and soon, she felt her sister’s head hit the wall softly beside Krystal’s head. This startled the younger sister. Jessica seemed to be fighting something from within.

“Unnie…” a hand wrapped itself around Jessica’s waist pulling her closer. “You’re home…”

She heard Jessica scoff. “I’m never home. I don’t have a home, Soojung.”

Krystal could see from the corner of her eyes the white fangs that protruded from her sister’s gums as she spoke.

“No. You are home now. I’m your home, Sooyeon… I will always welcome you home after being away from me for so long…” Krystal whispered to her sister’s ear.

As much as Jessica was delighted to hear it from her own sister, she was filled with guilt. Her reason for being there was different. She was there for something else.

“Soojung… Do you want to know why I’m here?” Jessica asked as she rested her head on her sister’s shoulder.

Krystal didn’t respond which made Jessica reveal her true intentions of blessing her younger sister with her presence.

“Soojung… I want your blood…”

Krystal didn’t react. She had sensed it from the moment her sister’s form appeared in her field of vision. She knew what Jessica had wanted and her guess was proven right when Jessica made the revelation. This day had finally come. Krystal wouldn’t resist. She will just succumb to her sister’s desire.

“You don’t seem to be scared?” Jessica pulled away a little bit to make out her sister’s face. Jessica was a little surprised upon seeing Krystal’s smile.

“No. I have been wanting for this to happen, unnie. I had been waiting for this day to come. The day when you’ll finally be with me…” Krystal pulled her astonished sister in for a hug.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter