Revelation 3

Dark Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal was frustrated and sleepy. She was immersed in her studies for too long and she couldn’t bear to read anymore. There have been a lot of things bugging her mind and only a small part of those involved schoolwork. What bothered her most was that unexpected meeting with Taeyeon. She still couldn’t believe the fact that her older sister had someone who looked almost exactly like her.


Crumpling her messed up homework in dissatisfaction, the youngest Jung resolved to take a late night stroll to breathe some fresh air and take her mind off some things for awhile. She decided it was for the best since she needed some reprieve from stress.

Krystal stood from her desk and opted to change her outfit before heading for the door. The night was perfect. It was cold and there were few people on the streets to bother her. She decided that she will just take a walk through the sidewalks before stopping over at her favorite coffee shop for some hot cup of cappuccino.

The street lights guided her way as she trudged the sidewalk without much heed to her surroundings. Her thoughts kept her mind boggled until she saw a familiar figure walking a few paces away from her. It was Taeyeon clad in a black long coat, black ripped pants, and black high cut shoes with her headphones on her neck.

‘Great timing!’ Krystal thought as she tried to catch up with the older girl. She ran until she was right behind the lady in all black. The Jung maknae gently tapped her prompting Taeyeon to look at the maknae with a blank expression.

“Soojung?” Taeyeon mused while the younger girl smiled at her. “Why are you out here so late at night? You know that it’s dangerous…”

“I was just getting a short break from my studies, unnie. Want to hang out at the nearest coffee shop with me?” Krystal said with hopes that she can get to know more about Taeyeon.

Taeyeon had an uncertain expression. She had wanted to decline the younger girl’s offer but after remembering Jessica, she consented to accompany the young girl just to keep her safe. She was supposed to be on patrol for monsters but babysitting her younger sister was a better option.

A smile came onto her lips before she muttered a “Yes” to the younger girl. Krystal rejoiced and wrapped her arms on the older girl’s arm before she led Taeyeon towards the coffee shop’s direction.

A few stories above them, Jessica, who was resting her head on the concrete edge of the building, saw the interactions between the half angel and her sister. A satisfied smile crept on her lips. She knew Krystal was in good hands.

Back on the ground, Taeyeon caught a whiff of Jessica when a soft breeze passed through them. It was distinctive and heavenly despite the fact that Jessica was only half of what her scent brought out.

‘You’re still watching over her, huh?’ Taeyeon thought as she searched the rooftops for any signs of the older Jung.

“Something wrong, unnie?” Krystal inquired as she looked up as well following the direction of Taeyeon’s gaze.

Taeyeon looked onwards before turning her sights to her dongsaeng with a smile plastered on her face. “Nothing’s wrong, Soojung. Let’s go grab some cup of coffee.”

Krystal smiled and the two girls continued walking.
 

***


“So, where do you live, unnie?” Krystal asked after a sip of her steaming cappuccino. Her eyes landed on the figure sitting from across the table who was engrossed over her own cup of latte.

“I rented an apartment just a few blocks from here. I was just having a night’s stroll to grab some snacks before heading back home...but it’s all right, Soojung. I can have them tomorrow.” Taeyeon managed to lie about her true intentions for the night.

“Do you have any family members living with you?”

‘I have you, dear sister…’ Taeyeon thought before mustering another lie. “No. I live alone…”

“Oh…That’s lonely… I live alone too since my sister is…living somewhere else… She doesn’t want to move in with me…” Krystal looked off to the side.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter