06.

Series #002: Give Me One More Chance

Aekyung woke up to a jolt and was greeted by the bright sunrays shining directly on the bed. Her head was pounding and she felt nauseated. *Worse hangover yet…* She groaned and attempted to get out of bed. The moment she threw the blanket off her body, she cursed loudly and covered herself with the blanket yet again. She was from head to toe and her lower body felt sticky.

The bed shifted and Aekyung dared herself to look at the weight who was beside her all along – a Hoya. She took a double take at her body and groaned. *How could I be so careless?!* A sudden pain spread over her lower body and she almost let out a cry. *How did we even have ? This is wrong. Very wrong!!* She punched her pillow as hard as she could and Hoya furrowed his eyebrows slightly.

A tear slipped down a cheek as Aekyung tried to remember the night’s events. She was having a terrible headache and all she could remember was the cake cutting and receiving presents from her friends. Aekyung inhaled deeply. *It’s alright. I love Hoya right? Why am I so worked up over this? Everything will be fine!* She assured herself and put on a smile. The sight of clothes being strewn all over the floor finally registered into her head. *We were really crazy last night…*

“I love you, Ae…” Hoya mumbled and a dreamy smile appeared on his lips. Aekyung couldn’t help but to throw the incident at the back of her mind. It was perfectly safe to believe Hoya and give herself to her. Hoya was responsible and he really loved her. What could go wrong? Her cheeks pinked. *I gave my first time to you, Howon oppa.*

His eyes snapped open and she was slightly taken aback. “Ho-Howon op-oppa.” She stuttered. She had half expected Hoya to overreact like her but he remained calm.

“Oh morning Ae…” He whispered and sat up on the bed. Now that she was sober, she felt more self-conscious of her own body in front of Hoya and pulled the blankets up higher. Hoya was baffled until it struck him. *Wait… Did I have with Ae?!* He turned to Aekyung with a worried expression and struggled to explain but no words seemed to form.

Aekyung noticed it and smiled. “It’s… Fine, Howon oppa. I’m fine with it.” She mumbled, avoiding eye contact with him. No matter what, the guilt was stirring within him and he couldn’t ignore the fact that he had taken away her ity just because they were drunk. Furthermore, there were a few months more left till college starts. What if she gets pregnant?

“Ae, I’m really sorry…” Hoya apologized sincerely, his eyes locked onto hers. He held Aekyung’s hand and brought it to his lips. “I promise you, no matter what happens, I’ll be here for you. I’ll take responsibility for whatever that might happen. I won’t leave you just because we had . I still love you, hmm? I promise.”

Aekyung was moved to tears at Hoya’s confession. He had never once failed her expectations. He had always stayed beside her. He had always loved her. The thing is, she had never once told Hoya that she loved him too. She had kept it to herself and was too shy to say it out. Wrapping her arms around his neck, Aekyung pulled Hoya closer and crashed her lips onto his, in which Hoya returned passionately. When she pulled away, she finally gathered enough courage to say the three words Hoya had been dying to hear. “I love you, Howon oppa.” Hoya’s heart almost burst in happiness to finally be able to hear it from Aekyung herself.

The sweet moment was interrupted by loud noises echoing from the living room. They widened their eyes and the two was thrown into a state of frenzy. Aekyung and Hoya had totally forgotten that they were in Myungsoo’s house, in Myungsoo’s guest room and the rest were probably looking for them right now. “We have to clean up right now.” Hoya said and Aekyung agreed. The both of them ignored the stain on their thighs and put on their clothes in the speed of light. “Ready?” Hoya panted lightly as he held out his hand.

“Yeah.” Aekyung brushed her hair once and placed her hands in his. His large hands felt warm and secure in hers and she felt much calmer. *I just hope Infinite and Seulmi won’t notice a thing.* She swallowed as she followed Hoya to the noisy living room. Dongwoo’s voice was the loudest among everyone.

“Well well, who knows? Hoya’s present for Aekyung may really be birthday .” He joked. Aekyung stiffened and Hoya looked at her before placing a kiss on her forehead.

“They won’t find out. It’ll be alright. Trust me.” Hoya whispered against her forehead, sending jolts of electricity across her body. “And my present is not the birthday , by the way.” Aekyung giggled and soon, the both of them were in the living room, with Infinite and Seulmi looking at them with suspicious looks.

“Where were you two?” Sunggyu questioned, his eyebrow raised. Hoya cleared his throat and laughed.

“I wanted to spend more time with Ae so I brought her to the guest room and we talked all night. We ended up falling asleep…” Hoya drifted off for a while with everyone not convinced but he immediately added, “That reminds me! I have a terrible hangover from last night. Oh god…” He rubbed his temples and scrunched his face in agony. Infinite soon forgot about what they were supposed to ask and agreed with Hoya. Groans filled the living room.

“My head hurts like crazy too!” Sungjong whined while lying on the sofa. Aekyung heaved a sigh of relief. *Thank god they didn’t catch onto anything.* Hoya wrapped an arm around her shoulder and leaned his chin against her head. Every single touch from Hoya became extra sensitive and Aekyung loved it. Her skin would burn from his touch and when he didn’t hold her, she felt like something was empty within her. Aekyung snuggled into Hoya’s body and held his waist.

“Is this a hint for me to make some ginger tea?” Seulmi said flatly and Myungsoo was the first to nod his head. Seulmi whacked his head angrily. “Yah! I made hangover tea last time only to get bullied by you guys. Now it’s your turn to make ginger tea for me.” She crossed her arms and sat on the couch. Myungsoo pretended not to hear along with the rest of Infinite.

Woohyun gaped at her but he was still a little guilty for pushing her previously. “Fine! Because I was the meanest one then, I shall make ginger tea.” Seulmi smiled victoriously. “You all better drink it well because the Nam Woohyun will only brew that once!” Woohyun patted his chest proudly and headed to the kitchen while the rest decide to laze around until Woohyun was done. Because of their hangover, they didn’t bother to move around either.

After a few hours, Woohyun had finally finished brewing the ginger tea. He poured them into nine cups and placed them on a tray before bringing it into the living room. “Ginger tea is ready-” He was cut off by a loud snore from Sungyeol. Then he realized, everyone in the living room was asleep except for Hoya and Aekyung who were whispering to each other. *Tsk, so much for being nice to them.*

Aekyung noticed Woohyun and perked up. “Finally!” She went over and took two cups from the tray and passed one to Hoya. “Drink it, Howon oppa. Then I can go home after this!” Woohyun was pleased that at least his tea didn’t have to go to waste. Hoya gulped it down as well as Aekyung. When they were done, they stood up to leave first.

“Woo, we’ll go first. Tell the rest we’re gone when they’re awake.” Hoya smirked and patted his friend’s shoulder. “Try not to be too bored.” Aekyung chuckled at Woohyun who was pouting and left the house. Hoya sent Aekyung home first before making his way to his own home. The wind blew and Hoya realized that he reeked of alcohol and sweat. *I should’ve washed up at Myungsoo’s house first. Damn.*

He unlocked his door and stepped into the house. Hojun was on the couch reading a magazine. “Hey Jun.” Hoya greeted. Hojun lowered the magazine to look at his brother briefly, not bothering to greet him back. Hoya shrugged to himself and walked over to the stairs.

“So how was your night?” Hojun spoke, his eyes not leaving the magazine.

“…Great.” Hoya breathed, his thoughts wandering to Aekyung. A silly grin appeared on his face and it didn’t go unnoticed by Hojun.

“With your girlfriend?” Hojun clucked his tongue. “You’re always going out. How are you going to take over Dad’s company?”

Hoya felt intimidated for a split second. It was the first time Hojun had sounded so mature and authoritative. “He still has you.”

“That is if he recognizes me as his son.” Hojun rolled his eyes and threw the magazine on the couch. “Plus, he wants you to take over the company, not me.”

“I can always persuade him-”

“Save it. Even if you don’t work hard, Dad will still let you take over the company instead of me. I’m incompetent in his eyes, remember?” Hojun snapped and brisked past Hoya up the stairs. “Stop trying to be a good brother anyway. All you do is take things away from me. I don’t belong in this family.” He shook his head and scoffed before slamming the door hard again.

Hoya sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. One of the rare times he had a proper conversation with Hojun and he had to screw it up. *You’re my precious brother and Dad and Mum’s precious son. How could you say that you don’t belong in this family? I didn’t take anything away from you, Jun. What’s Dad’s will be ours one day. You’ll get what you worked so hard for.*

He heard Hojun shouting in his room again. “I HATE YOU, LEE HOWON!” It wasn’t hatred, but it expressed the pressure of being the younger one in the Lee family. *I really hope we can get along, Jun. Like old times.*


My school started and therefore, I have lesser time to update.

Please understand :'(