05.

Series #002: Give Me One More Chance

“Cheers!” Everyone clinked their cans of beer together, wide grins plastered on their faces. Myungsoo’s house was finally full of life compared to the usual sweet atmosphere among the couple. All of Infinite, Seulmi and Aekyung were present, to celebrate Aekyung’s 18th birthday. Hoya had his arm slung over her shoulder and Aekyung gulped her beer in content.

Aekyung stood up all of a sudden and everyone looked at her. She bowed 90 degrees and smiled. “Thank you all for organizing this birthday party for me. I’m really blessed to be able to spend my special day with you guys.” She said sincerely. Infinite raised their cans in acknowledgement and grinned at her. She sat back down and reached for a bag of chips. Aekyung tried opening the bag of chips but she couldn’t and Hoya helped her with it.

“Come, let me do it.” Hoya offered and took it from her hands. He opened it easily with ease and Aekyung poked his cheek.

“Thank you, Howon oppa.” Aekyung said as she stuffed chips in . Hoya laughed at her and wiped off some crumbs left on her chin.

Woohyun looked at the two and clucked his tongue. “Ey, look at this two. Acting all mushy when they are not even a couple.” He shook his head. Infinite and Seulmi chortled at them and Dongwoo mouthed something to Hoya. He got the message and nodded.

“Who said we’re not a couple?” Hoya mused, interlacing his fingers with Aekyung’s. She blushed and decided to let Hoya do the talking. “We started dating since last week.” Infinite had shocked faces and Seulmi was the first to run over to Aekyung, giving her best friend a tight hug.

“Yah Jung Aekyung! I’m your best friend and you didn’t tell me?!” Seulmi crossed her arms and pretended to be upset. Aekyung looked at her and giggled.

“It was supposed to be a surprise, you childish girl.” Aekyung teased. Seulmi made a face but held Aekyung’s free hand in hers.

“But I’m genuinely happy for you, Ae. I knew you and Howon would get together sooner or later!” Aekyung looked at Hoya and sighed happily. *You’re right, Seulmi. I didn’t even have to worry from the start. I have Infinite, you and Howon oppa. That’s all I need.* Seulmi stood up and walked over to the kitchen. “Now, let’s cut the cake!”

“I was waiting so long for this!” Sungjong whined. Seulmi chuckled and took out the cake, placing one big candle and eight smaller candles on the tiramisu cake. She clapped happily and lighted the candles. Myungsoo went over to the switch and helped to dim the lights so that the candles are the only things lighting up the living room.

“Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to Aekyung, happy birthday to you!” Everyone chorused and Aekyung’s eyes glimmered at the tiramisu cake that Seulmi was holding. She brought the cake and placed it in front of Aekyung.

“Now make a wish!” Seulmi urged. Aekyung nodded and clasped her hands together. She closed her eyes and wished. *I wish that Howon oppa and I will have a happy ending, Infinite to be forever cheerful, Seulmi and Myungsoo to last forever and my family to be forever healthy!* She opened her eyes and blew the candles. On cue, Myungsoo the lights and everyone cheered.

“You’re officially 18 and legal now!” Dongwoo winked at her and guffawed. Aekyung pinked when she finally understood what Dongwoo had meant. “Don’t be shy, come on! Cut the cake!” She picked up the plastic knife and cut the cake into nine slices, distributing it to everyone in the living room.

“Eat up, everyone!” Aekyung chirped and went to seat beside Hoya again. Hoya pierced his cake with a fork and fed Aekyung, in which she gladly accepted. Seulmi stood up and went to her room, grabbing the huge bag at the corner. She looked at its contents and smiled. *Ae will love these presents from us.* She made her way back into the living room and everyone was excited to see the birthday girl’s reaction when she opens the presents.

“Present time!” Seulmi cheered and held up the bag for everyone to see. Aekyung let out a loud gasp and looked at her friends. *All those presents… For me?* Seulmi made her way to the center of the room and began to pour out the nicely wrapped presents roughly. Sungyeol widened his eyes.

“Yah! My present is fragile!” Sungyeol shouted rudely, which earned a glare from Myungsoo. Sungyeol ignored his friend’s glare and sulked. “If it breaks, Myungsoo is going to pay for it!” Seulmi chuckled.

“Sorry Yeol!” Seulmi pulled Aekyung to sit beside her and she did. Infinite sat in front of Seulmi and Aekyung, looking at them intently as though they were circus animals. “Here you go, the first present from Sunggyu oppa!” Seulmi passed Aekyung a pink box and Aekyung swiftly opened it.

Her jaw became slack as she took in the diamond bracelet in the box. *It must have cost a bomb…* Sunggyu was satisfied at her reaction. “You like it huh? Like they say, ‘Diamonds are a girl’s best friend’. Happy birthday Aekyung-ah!” Aekyung ran her thumb across the neatly cut edges of the small diamonds.

“Thank you, Sunggyu oppa.”

“Now it’s time for Dongwoo oppa’s present!” Aekyung opened the box to find a Rolex watch which looked exactly like the one Hoya owned.

“There, now you both have a couple item. Happy birthday Ae!” Dongwoo winked at the both of them and laughed. Hoya cleared his throat and blushed at his best friend’s comment. *They all bought their presents with a meaning. What am I gonna do later? What am I gonna say later?!*

Soon, all the presents were unwrapped. Woohyun’s present was an all rounded make up kit, Sungjong’s was a pair of limited edition leather pumps, Sungyeol’s was a bottle of expensive perfume and Myungsoo and Seulmi’s was a pair of couple necklaces. The last one left was Hoya and everyone turned to him in anticipation, even Aekyung. He scratched the back of his head and laughed awkwardly.

“Well… I have something for her, of course. But… It’s a secret.” All of Infinite jeered at Hoya, even Seulmi. Aekyung, being the more understanding one, shushed everyone. “Ae, I’ll give you my present when we’re alone. Promise!” Hoya said earnestly.

“Don’t tell me, your present is birthday ?” Dongwoo joked and everyone laughed except for Hoya and Aekyung. Hoya whacked the back of Dongwoo’s head and made a face. *Stupid Dongwoo. You’ll get it from me later.*

“Only you’ll think of something like that, you ert.” Hoya cast Dongwoo one last dirty look before looking at Aekyung. Her cheeks were pink and her scar was flaring, like it always does when she blushes. *I guess my Aekyung is pretty dirty minded too.* He chuckled at the thought.

“Well, whatever it is, tonight we’re going to drink till we drop!” Myungsoo held up his can of beer and everyone followed. “Cheers!” Everyone chorused and gulped down their cans of beer. Woohyun went to the kitchen and brought out 3 more cartons of beer and placed it in the middle of the room. They finished can after can, determined to only knock out once they are really drunk.

Soon, everyone was lying on the floor, dead drunk. Aekyung hiccupped and glanced at her friends, feeling contented just by spending her birthday with them even though her parents are away. *At least this year, I am not alone on my birthday.* Hoya held her hand and gave it a light squeeze. “What are you thinking about, Ae?” He asked softly. *I thought Howon was asleep too.* She shook her head and smiled at Hoya.

“I’m just really happy to be able to spend my birthday with Infinite and Seulmi. Bonus point of all, I get to spend time with you.” Aekyung tapped Hoya’s nose and the both of them grinned at each other. Hoya ran a finger down her smooth cheek and gazed into Aekyung’s eyes tenderly. He leaned forward to place a light kiss on her scar, which sent tingles down her spine. She shut her eyes to savour the moment.

However, Hoya’s kisses increased and she felt Hoya’s lips on her neck and collarbones. Aekyung’s breathing hitched when Hoya bit on her sensitive spot, and relaxed when he used his tongue to soothe the throbbing hickey. *That’s gonna stay for a while…* She could see stars when Hoya’s hands started to roam around her body. The sheer material of her off-shoulder pullover only added on to her pleasure.

Hoya couldn’t take it anymore and carried Aekyung bridal style to the guest room of the house. She knew lust had overridden his senses and there was no way to stop him. Her drunk state contributed to his lust anyway. He placed her on the soft bed gently and hovered over her, taking in her beautiful face. He cupped her cheeks and leaned forward, stopping a few millimeters away from her luscious lips.

“I really, really love you, Ae. More than you’ll ever know.” His voice was throaty and his lips grazed against hers with every word he said. Aekyung couldn’t control herself and pulled Hoya towards her by grabbing his collar. Hoya gladly complied, his kisses rough and passionate. Aekyung didn’t back down and wrapped her arms around Hoya’s body, leaving no distance between the both of them.

Aekyung rubbed her s against Hoya’s body and he groaned at his lack of self-control at the moment. He pulled away and Aekyung saw his Adam’s apple bobbing up and down when he swallowed. She mimicked her actions and resumed to catching her breath from the kiss they shared earlier. Was he ready to do this with her? Was he willing to take responsibility?

*Yes, I am ready. I will take responsibility for everything.* With that, Hoya took off his shirt and lunged for another breathtaking kiss. His tongue entered her wet cavern and the top of her teeth in circles, sending tingling sensations straight to her crotch. Aekyung breathed in harshly and on his tongue. The both of the moaned into each other’s mouth and Aekung broke the kiss temporarily to remove her pullover. His hands fumbled with his pants and swiftly took them off.

Hoya attacked her neck with his lips while his hands fondled with her full s. Aekyung moaned at Hoya's warm hands on her and she kicked her shorts off, along with her . Hoya gulped at her womanhood and felt the tent in his boxers growing. He growled at her and undressed the last piece of clothing restricting the both of them.

“You’re ready for this, right?” Hoya asked huskily and Aekyung nodded instantly.

“My body is yours, Howon oppa.” She breathed. That was all Hoya needed to throw his self-control aside and make love with Aekyung the entire night.