01.

Series #002: Give Me One More Chance

“You’re not gonna be home again?” Aekyung shot up from her bed.

“Sorry honey, there’s a last minute business meeting arranged next week. We have no choice but to extend our stay here in Shanghai.” Mrs. Jung apologized.

“But-”

“Honey, we’ll talk to you later! The meeting is starting soon. Love you! Take care!” Mrs. Jung hung up the phone. Aekyung looked at her phone, with the dead line still ringing. *But… My birthday is next week.* She ended the call and threw her phone on her bed. *Mum, Dad, when will you finally celebrate my birthday with me?* Aekyung ruffled her hair frustratedly and rolled around on her bed.

A picture frame on her bed-side table caught her eye and Aekyung went over to retrieve it. The boy had his arm slung around the girl and the girl was making a silly face. This brought a silly grin to her face as her fingers made contact with the picture, specifically lingering on the boy’s face. “Can we go back to how it was like before? When the both of us truly loved each other?” Nevertheless, Aekyung smiled. *One step at a time, I guess. It’ll take Hoya some time for him to accept me again after everything I did.*

She placed the picture frame on the table and blew a tiny speck of dust on the edge. When it was clean, she beamed in satisfaction. Aekyung only had two picture frames on the table. One with her family and one with Hoya. She hadn’t forgotten how it was like to be his girlfriend, to have his attention all the time. But among everything that had happened, Aekyung was glad to gain Seulmi as a friend and that Hoya had finally forgiven her.

“Shan’t spend my time at home.” Aekyung said to herself. She dressed herself up in a simple blouse and hot shorts and left the house, hoping to grab a bite somewhere in the neighbourhood. She was starving and her fridge had no food since her parents weren’t home. She opened her wallet and checked her change, heaving a sigh of relief. *Thank god I still have some money to pay for that café.* Her thoughts were interrupted by a loud shout.

“Oh look! It’s Scar Girl!” One guy snickered while zooming past Aekyung on a skateboard. Aekyung swallowed and covered her left cheek with her head hung low. Even though it has been a month ever since the incident, everyone in her neighbourhood would call her ‘Scar Girl’. Some would acknowledge her silently whilst others would call her by her nickname. She sighed. Aekyung used to cry silently when no one’s looking but now, she’s used to it.

Aekyung still had her red hair, making her look fierce and unapproachable, only to people that had never met her before. Everyone had said, “The belle in our neighbourhood is gone.” She didn’t mind. Infinite and Seulmi still hung out with her as usual. She stepped into the café, browsing through the menu while inhaling the strong smell of coffee.

“Hi, may I help you?” The guy over the counter asked, his smile never leaving his face. Aekyung couldn’t help but get infected by his cheerful personality. It has been quite some time since she saw someone showing her their genuine smile.

“Yeah, one mocha frappé please.” Aekyung ordered. “Oh, and an additional strawberry cheesecake!”

“Coming right up! One mocha frappé and strawberry cheesecake for the pretty lady here!” The guy smiled at Aekyung and typed it in the register. “It’ll be a total of 7,000 won.”

Aekyung was blushing madly, causing her scar to flare more than usual. “Th-Thank you.” She bowed. The guy winked at her and moved on to the next customer. *Right.. It’s their job to make their customers happy.* She collected her drink and cake before looking for a seat near the window. *How long has it been since I’ve been called pretty?* She chuckled lightly. *Can’t believe I blushed over such a simple sentence.*

Her phone buzzed in her pocket and she took it out. It was a message from Hoya and Aekyung brightened up instantly. After the prom, Hoya and Aekyung had been much closer than usual but Hoya still remained cautious around her. Aekyung had promised to tell him what was on her mind when the time is right and Hoya had been patiently waiting.

Hey Ae, Infinite and Seulmi are gonna hang out at 7PM. Come over to the club when you’re ready. Can’t wait to see you!

P.S Please wear something less revealing.

     – Hoya

*He can’t wait to see me!* Aekyung thought giddily and kept her phone. *I gotta get home and think of what to wear! No skimpy clothes... I didn’t know you’re so possessive, Hoya.* Aekyung shook her head and wolfed down the cheesecake. Before she left the shop, the guy over the counter shouted to her, “Thank you! Come back again, pretty lady!” Aekyung waved at him happily and her thoughts were filled with Hoya yet again.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Hoya paced to and fro across the entrance of the VIP lounge and looked at his silver Rolex watch. It was 4 minutes to 7PM and Aekyung was nowhere to be seen. *Did she come in already but some guy swept her away?! Or did she meet into some kind of accident? God damn… Aekyung where are you?!* He patted his cheeks and shook his head. *She’ll be fine. Girls need time to dress up.*

Someone patted his shoulder and he whirled around. “Aekyung!” Hoya blurted. His shoulders sank when he realized it was only Dongwoo. His best friend laughed at him and Hoya shrugged Dongwoo’s hand away from his shoulder. “Yah, not funny.”

“It wasn’t supposed to be. I just wanted to tell you, Aekyung will come. Don’t get all tensed up dude. Just come in first!” Dongwoo pushed Hoya slightly towards the lounge but he wouldn’t budge.

“You can go in first, I’ll wait for her.” Hoya said, his eyes fixated on the door.*It’s impossible the bouncer won’t let her in right? She’s hot enough!* He went over to the bar table, ignoring Dongwoo. Dongwoo clucked his tongue and returned to the room first. “One on the Beach and one Long Island. Thanks.” Hoya ordered. The bartender nodded and began to mix the cocktails. *Aekyung will love it if she knew I ordered Long Island for her.*

As if on cue, Aekyung opened the curtains hung at the door and stepped into the dark club. Hoya’s eyes sparkled as he watched the woman he has been waiting for enter so gracefully. Aekyung had donned a shiny silver white dress that covered most of her skin on her upper body. The sleeves weren’t her usual spaghetti strapped, instead it stopped at her elbows. However, the area above her chest and her entire back was translucent, as the cloth was thinner. *Well, it isn’t as revealing as usual. That's enough.* He smiled. Aekyung had listened to him after all.

Hoya was about to call her over only to have a girl throw herself on him. She looked up and stood back up, fixing her hair. He shuddered. *Please don’t tell me she’s going to flirt with me.* The girl blinked her eyes innocently and slowly pulled her dress further down, exposing her chest. “Oppa…” She purred seductively but Hoya rolled his eyes. *Aekyung, please save me.* She sauntered over and drew circles on Hoya’s thighs slowly, rubbing her s on Hoya’s arm.

“Here are your drinks, Mr. Lee. Enjoy.” The bartender said as he placed the two cocktails on the table.

“Oh oppa! You ordered for me in advance? How nice!” The girl chirped.

“What no-” Hoya was about to stop her but someone else took the drink away before the girl could lay her hands on it. She smiled coyly at Hoya and he felt his lips twitch.

“Yah! That was the drink oppa bought for me! Get your own man and drink. He’s mine.” The girl wanted to reach for the drink but Aekyung held it high, far beyond her reach. *Huh, I guess having long legs and wearing 4-inch heels is indeed a blessing.*

“Are you sure he wants you though?” Aekyung smirked, sipping the cup of Long Island in front of the girl on purpose. The girl glared at Aekyung and turned to look at Hoya, asking him for help. Hoya simply shrugged and pointed to his crotch.

“Well, my is as soft as it can get after I saw you. Come on, my little buddy wants something better. How about you run along and find someone else?” Hoya winked at Aekyung and she shook her head, an amused grin spreading across her face.

The girl huffed and looked at their interaction. She pulled her dress back up and crossed her arms haughtily, turning to leave. She stopped after a few steps and side eyed Aekyung. “Why are you even in a club? Go spend the time fixing that hideous scar of yours, you wretch.” Aekyung sipped her drink, unaffected. Hoya gaped and clenched his fists.

“You don’t-” Aekyung placed a hand on his firm chest and shook her head. Hoya downed his cocktail and growled harshly. “You’d better leave my sight or I’ll personally make sure you’ll never be able to step in here ever again.” The girl shivered slightly and stomped away, muttering incoherent words under her breath.

“Yah. Why are you acting like the boss of the club!” Aekyung hit his arm lightly.

“I’m not, but I have the power. And that criticized your scar! What a lowlife. She’s the wretch, not you.” Hoya spat. Aekyung giggled and settled herself beside Hoya. He looked at her in confusion. “What’s so funny?”

“You.” Aekyung simply replied. “And you remember my favourite cocktail.” She gulped the remainder and placed it on the table. *It’s just like old times, huh?* The music started to change into a slow club remix. Hoya grinned at her and took her cold hand in his.

“Let’s go have some fun.” Hoya pulled her towards the sea of dancing bodies. Aekyung gladly followed. He wrapped an arm around her slim waist and pulled her towards his, while they moved along to the beat. “I’m really glad. You actually wore something less revealing.” Hoya told her seriously.

Aekyung pushed his forehead and frowned. “My body is the only thing I can flaunt now and you deprive me of that!” She circled her arms around Hoya’s neck and rested her head on his broad shoulders. “You look dashing, as always, Hoya.” She confessed, her cheeks heating up gradually. Hoya’s heart was ramming wildly against his ribcage. He had hoped Aekyung wouldn’t feel that. “I can feel your heartbeat by the way. Did a pretty girl just walk past?” Aekyung joked, her head still on his shoulders.

*The only pretty girl I see in this club is in my arms right now.* Hoya bit his bottom lip to prevent him from saying that out. He cleared his throat. “You can call me Howon, you know.” Aekyung removed her head from his shoulders and blinked at him.

“Are you for real?! Finally!” Aekyung cheered and poked Hoya’s cheek. “Howon Howon Howonnie!” Hoya looked at her and he softened at how happy she looked. “I can never get tired of calling you Howon! Do you prefer Howon or Howonnie?” She tapped her finger against her lip, deep in thought. “I honestly think Howonnie is a little too cutesy though. Howon will do!”

*As long as it’s from you, I wouldn’t even mind if you called me poop.* Hoya chuckled at his own thoughts. *My cheesiness is back because of you, Ae. I really missed you.*


YESSSSS. ITS THE BEGINNING OF HOKYUNG COUPLE EVERYONE.

Sorry for the late update :(