Chili Paste

Drabbles, One shots, short stories

So I'm here at the grocery, ordered by mom to buy some ingredients for dinner. Huhu, I'm missing the comeback stage of BEAST X( but of course the food for my stomach matters most, keke...

 

 

"Aish," I looked up and down, left and right, "aigoo..."

 

Mom's preferred chili paste wasn't around. Aigoo, now what? I pinch the bridge of my nose, sighing in frustration.

 

Mom didn't give me an alternate brand -_- END OF THE WORLD!

 

"Jeogiyo, do you need some help?"

I looked up and did a double take, "Omo," I whispered.

 

There stood this guy who looked exactly like Lee Gi Kwang from Beast, but with smaller eyes!!!

 

The guy smiled, scratching the back of his head, "Sorry, didn't know my presence would give off that kind of reaction."

"Aniyo, it's just that you look," I tilted my head, "like Gi Kwang from Beast."

"Oh, yeah I get that a lot." He smiled.

 

Holy kimchi he even has the same smile as Lee Gi Kwang @.@

 

"So do you need help?" He eyed the piece of paper in my hand.

"Oh well, you see..." I told him about my chili paste incident.

"With the ingredients I see it looks like Kimchi Stew." He smiled at me again.

I smiled back, confirming his assumption, "yeah, so the preferred paste isn't around and she-"

"Didn't give you an alternate brand?" He finished my sentence while looking at the chili pastes in front of him.

 

 

I blink my eyes over and over, shocked. This person's helping me out, I don't even know him. -_- and man he looks so much like Lee Gi Kwang... :")

 

 

So the Gi Kwang junior helps me find my chili paste, he even accompanies me to the cashier.

 

"Oh Hyun Shik sajangnim." The lady at cash register looked at the guy behind me before bowing.

I arched a brow at Gi Kwang junior whose name is Hyun Shik , "Sajangnim?"

Hyun Shik scratched the back of his head while nodding at the lady, "Ne, everything going well?"

"Ne sajangnim."

 

Hyun Shik then looked at me, "My dad owns several branches of grocery stores, I'm the branch manager of this grocery."

 

Oh so that explains the random helping out... Thought he was some creeper, kekeke...

 

"Oh I thought you were some creeper." My eyes widened as I realized I spoke the thoughts in my mind.

 

What surprised me next was that he laughed, it wasn't a mocking laugh but a sincere one.

 

"Someone who speaks her mind." Hyun Shik nodded, probably amused.

"Mian," I meekly smiled, "I have a tendency to do that."

"I find it cool." He assured me with a smile, looking away to get my bag of purchase, "Kaja." He started walking.

I arched a brow at him, "Bwoya?"

 

I don't know how it happened, but he ended up walking me home. -_- I mean it wasn't that I didn't like it... Heck I enjoyed it! :') kekeke

 

He was so... Talkative. We talked about a lot of stuff, the weather, the food, his family, my family...

 

"So this is your house." Hyun Shik studied my house.

"Yeah," I nodded, shrugging at the same time, "so I guess this means-"            

 

"Park Soo Jin what took you so long?!?!" My mom opened the door and damn was she furious.

"So that's your name." Hyun Shik nodded, as if taking note of something important.

 

After all we talked about... I didn't give him my name? Isanghae...

 

"I told you to get me chili paste! Instead you bring home a boy!" She nagged.

I snickered, Hyun Shik was doing the same too.

"Chweseuhamnida, eomoni," Hyun Shik bowed, "Lim Hyun Shik imnida. It was my fault she took so long to get here, I talked a lot."

"Aigoo," mom shook her head with a smile, "since I know you like my daughter, come inside for dinner."

"UMMA!" I gawked at her as Hyun Shik tried hard not to laugh. Tried TRIED. 

"Don't umma me," she waved her hand in the air, "I know you like him too, now hurry inside with my chili paste!"

 

Laughing, Hyun Shik and I followed her in. Aish this mother of mine and her loud mouth...

 

"I like your mom." Hyun Shik told me.

"Wae?" I furrowed my brows at him.

"Like you, she speaks her mind too." He winked at me before walking away to the kitchen, "Eomoni, I can help you cook, what can I do?"

My mom chuckled before giving him instructions.

 

ing Lim Hyun Shik... My heart flipped at his wink -_- ah damn it, can’t believe I’m starting to like this guy… I think my like level on him is way past the crush stage HEOL

 

Dinner came and I set the table, dad wasn’t coming home since he left earlier today for a business trip. Yeah, dad’s working on a family business.

 

“Aigoo Soo Jin-ah, babo.” Mom’s hands came out of nowhere slapping my hands away.

“Wae???” I watched her rearrange the table.

“You sit beside Hyun Shik and I’ll sit on your other side.” She said like it meant nothing.

UMMA!!!”

 

I think I heard Hyun Shik stifle a laugh.


“AND WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU LAUGHING AT?!?” I glared at his back.

Hyun Shik looked at me and winked again, “You.”

 

ENOUGH WITH THE WINKING PLEASE I DON’T THINK MY HEART CAN HANDLE ANYMORE

 

 

We all started eating and man was dinner not peaceful LIKE NOT AT ALL FRIGGIN JEEZUS~!!!

 

Mom just kept talking and talking about ALL the embarrassing/funny moments I had growing up. Of course my cheeks wouldn’t turn red, dunno why though, I can’t blush, but I always did my UMMA. And damn Hyun Shik was enjoying all the stories, he kept laughing and pointing at me saying “Waaaah kyeopta~!” “Babo!!!” “Aigooo” or “I can’t believe this” while banging the table surface.

 

FACE PALM. I did that every time mom would open to tell more stories.

 

“Aigoo, it’s getting late.” Mom said after looking at the clock.

“Well finally you noticed!” I rolled my eyes at her.

“Aish, don’t be such a priss,” She started collecting the plates, “I didn’t embarrass you that hard in front of the guy you like.”

UMMAAAA!”

 

She just ignores my rants, bringing all the plates to the sink.

“Ey you two love birds!” Mom hollered from the kitchen, I palmed my face again, “Before you say goodbye wash the plates, araseo?!?”

“Ne.” We both answer at the same time.

 

Surprisingly, the dishwashing part wasn’t awkward, AT ALL. I mean, I was expecting it to be really awkward since my mom’s big mouth kept saying we were a couple or like that… :”> I hate my mom for being such a good people reader… -_- she gets me all the time, hell I can’t even lie to her EVER she’s that good @.@

 

So yeah, the dishwashing was SO NOT AWKWARD I mean, yeah it was silent at first but Hyun Shik kept laughing. He kept teasing me and he wouldn’t stop -_- it even came to a point where we started splashing water at each other… :’)

 

“You got soap all over your face.” He pointed at me.

“Eodi?” I touched my face, BAD IDEA. The hand I used had more soap on it… ah great -_-

“Babo.” He snickered as brought his hand up to my face, wiping the soap from my cheek.

 

Ah poop NOW I BLUSH. OF ALL THE TIMES TO BLUSH, I BLUSH NOW -_- GREAT THANKS

 

“You’re blushing HAHAHA!” He doubled over, laughing.

 

I rolled my eyes at him, the heat on my cheeks slowly dying, “Yeah, yeah enjoy it while you can.” I went back to washing.

 

After the dishwashing we dried our hands and talked some more… DAMN WE TALK A LOT… :’) keke…

 

I walked him  to the door of my house. I opened the door and watched him step outside.

“Bye.” I told him, closing the door.

“Wait~!” He placed his hand on the door.

I open the door wider to see him leaning forward. His face stopped in front mine, as in legit HIS FACE WAS ING CLOSE! , I can feel his breath on my face…

 

My eyes widened as I stared at his eyes, “Wha-“

“Thanks for tonight.” He cut me off and the next thing he did seriously just blew me away.

 

He kissed my cheek. HE FREAKIN KISSED MY CHEEK…damn it I should’ve turned my head so he could’ve met my lips >:) kekeke… byuntae -__-

 

He took a step back, examining my face. He started chuckling again, “Aigoo, you’re blushing again.”

I palmed my face in embarrassment, “Yeah, well you’re welcome…”

His smile got wider, “Swear you’re such a cutie. I’ll come back tomorrow, ne?”

 

HE CALLED ME CUTIE -_- LIKE WTF I ain’t cute, I am hot… who am I kidding -_-

 

I bit my lip to keep my smile from getting any wider, “Get lost before you make me blush more.”

He laughed again, as I palmed my face again.

 

Gash I just gotta stop saying the first things that comes to my mind.

“Alright, alright,” He said, calming down, “I’ll see you tomorrow then.”

“Mmm,” I could only nod, controlling every part of me not to put on the stupid grin on my face, “keojo~” I sang.

He smiled again before saluting and running off.

 

I close door and rest my forehead on its surface.

 

What the freak just happened… that stupid grin finally showed on my face as I recalled every single thing that happened.


The grocery. ing Chili Paste. The walk home. My mom’s loud mouth. Dinner. Dishwashing. And the goodbye…with the kiss :’)

 

Lim Hyun Shik… you freakin bastard

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hope ya'll enjoyed this one ^^