CHAPTER 30

Between You and Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 30

 

Her feet trod the hard pavement of the road, as she walked. The cold air of the night embraced Seohyun and in return, Seohyun embrace herself to keep her warm. Though it was dark, the street lamps provided her enough light to see the taxi cab that was approaching. Seohyun could hear the tires screech as the cab came to a sudden halt when it passed by her. The cab’s door opened and Jonghyun came out. He motioned his hand, telling the driver to wait for a while.

“Seohyun!” Jonghyun jogged towards her.

“Where are you going? It’s late.”

Before facing Jonghyun, Seohyun made sure to wipe away the tears rolling down her cheeks. “I have to go to my best friend’s house.” Actually, Seohyun didn’t know she was going. The words just came out at exactly the time they were needed.

Jonghyun saw Seohyun’s red and puffy eyes. ‘She had been crying.’ Immediately, he hugged Seohyun. “Tell me what’s wrong.”

Seohyun cried on Jonghyun’s shoulders. “Everything.”

“Shh . . . just let it all out, Seohyun.”

As they break away from the hug, Jonghyun took off his coat. “You must be cold.” He wrapped the coat around Seohyun. “What happened?”

Seohyun lowered her head. She wasn’t sure if she wanted Jonghyun to know. It seems that she should keep it all by herself at the moment.

The silence coming from Seohyun immediately made Jonghyun waved off the question he asked. “Ah, never mind. I’m sure you don’t want to talk about it right now.” He gave her a timid smile. “I didn’t mean to pry.”

“I didn’t think you were prying anyway.” Seohyun assured him. “But . .. ah thank you for your concern.”

“I would accompany you to your best friend’s house. I don’t want you going there all alone. Besides, it’s already late.” Jonghyun looked back to the taxi cab waiting. “Let’s go.”

-------------

Please log in to read the full chapter