CHAPTER 18

Between You and Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 18

 

“You want to buy some ice cream?”

Kyuhyun walked in Seohyun’s room with a ruffled hair. He just woke up from his afternoon nap. His hair spread out in different angles and he tried to flatten them out with his hand.

Seohyun rested on her bed, her legs spread out on the sheets. A book lay in her lap. “Ah. . .” She looked down at the book, as she tried to avoid Kyuhyun’s eyes.

Seohyun had tried to avoid Kyuhyun. She searched for excuses to not be close to him or even have conversations with him. It had come to her senses that she is never going to have the courage she needs. And being too close to Kyuhyun wouldn’t help either since she can’t express her feelings. Too many chances were put to waste and she decided to stop. Maybe keeping her secrets and locking it to herself is better than risking what she and Kyuhyun has right now.

“Seohyun?” Kyuhyun sat at edge of her bed.

Still avoiding meeting Kyuhyun’s eyes, Seohyun uttered. “You can go without me.”

Sensing a change in Seohyun, Kyuhyun got closer to her. “You’re avoiding me.”

As soon as Kyuhyun said it, Seohyun’s eyes shot up meeting Kyuhyun’s.

Kyuhyun open his mouth to say something but nothing came out.

Silence filled the room.

“I’m not. . .”

Kyuhyun’s lips formed a thin line. “You’re lying.” Then he asked, “Did I do something wrong?”

Seohyun shook her head.

“Then let’s go eat ice cream!” Kyuhyun held out his hand.

Seohyun didn’t know why but as she placed her hand on top of Kyuhyun’s, she felt as if they were both pieces of puzzles that fit perfectly together.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Two Popsicles, please.”

Please log in to read the full chapter