CHAPTER 22

Between You and Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

ANNYEONGHASEYO!

This chapter is like a flashback into the past. It's here where you'll know what happened to Seohyun's parents. :)

CHAPTER 22

 

The wind gracefully played with Seohyun’s hair as her mother rolled the windows down. A lovely breeze entered the car as it travelled down the road. The sun, hovering above the earth, smiled as birds flitted in the air.

Seohyun joyfully played with her toys.

“Are you excited Seohyun?” her mother asked. Her long black hair that flowed just below her shoulders made her a lot younger. She had deep-set eyes and it was as if you were swimming in a pool of chocolate when you gaze into them.

Seohyun nodded. “I am going to see all the animals there, right Omma?”

Her mother laughed. “Of course, my darling.” She held out her hand towards her daughter sitting on the passenger seat and patted her head. Then, she turned to face her husband who was driving the car and smiled.

They were going to the zoo. It was Seohyun’s birthday yesterday but since his father was too busy with his work for them to celebrate it together, they decided to visit Seohyun’s favorite place the day after her birthday.

Seohyun’s father had his eyes planted on the road. His hand fit well in the steering wheel as he steered the car.

“Appa, I’m scared of the tigers.” Seohyun said.

His father chuckled, his eyes never leaving the road.

Seohyun stood from her seat and wrapped her hands around his father’s neck. “Appa, they might bite.”

Another chuckle escaped from his father’s throat. “They won’t bite you sweetie. Just imagine them as big cats.” He turned his head a little to look at his daughter’s eyes.

Assured by her father’s words, Seohyun plopped down back into her seat and simply watched the blurry environment outside as the car sped up.

“Let’s turn the music on so that the car will be lively as we travel.” Seohyun’s mother pressed a button and turned the volume up. A song from a female artist filled the car.

Trying to make her daughter laugh, Seohyun’s father bobbed his head up and down with the music’s beat. Her mother joined in. Seohyun grinned as she watched her parents a

Please log in to read the full chapter