Introduction to Kim Miyeon

Wolf

Miyeon was exhausted. She had just come back from a double shift at the small coffee shop she worked at close by.  And this was after she took four exams at school.  She was incredibly relieved when she could finally plop down on her bed and fall asleep.

She was awoken by a hand shaking her shoulder.  Miyeon didn't want to wake up just yet so she just moaned, hit whoever woke her with her pillow, and turned over and buried herself in her sheets.

"Miyeon-ah~" A male's voice sang with longing.  

She groaned and rolled around.  The voice was one she recognized, so reluctantly opened her eyes.

"What do you want?"  Miyeon grumbled.

The man smiled and said innocently,  "Miyeonnie, I just wanted to know what you wanted for dinner."  

She rolled her eyes but gave in, sat up, and grinned. "Well you woke me up from a very comfortable sleep, so I think oppa should make me something special,"  Miyeon said playfully.

The man pulled her up from their bed, and held her close to him.  With his dark eyes gazing intently at her, he said, "Anything, you name it."  

Miyeon giggled uncomfortably.  She thought for a moment then exclaimed, "Ramen!"

Losing his serious atmosphere, he laughed lightheartedly and jumped off to start on her meal.

Miyeon gazed after him fondly.  He was Oh Junghan.  Her fiance. The man she was totally and completely in love with. Her other half.  The one she would spend the rest of her life with.

They had met under ordinary circumstances; at work.  He was that attractive waiter who worked the night shift and whose looks she liked to admire.  At that time, her teenage mind went crazy with fantasies and it wasn't a secret that Miyeon had a tiny little crush on Oh Junghan.  However, this was her first job and she didn't want to lose it because she spent too much time staring at a co-worker. Junghan, along with everyone who worked at the coffee shop, knew that she liked him. But interestingly enough, she wasn't like other girls who flirted with him or threw themselves at him, and just talked to him like a friend.  He liked that about her.  He decided to ask her out on a date because of that and his appreciation for her work ethic.  Also, he thought she was cute. So they went on their date and it went well. Junghan really liked her aegyo and bubbly personality, while Miyeon loved how quirky he was; one minute he would be smooth, and another he would be weird and random.  They were both intelligent and had similar humors and interests, so their relationship lasted. It lasted so long that four years after that first date, he proposed to her.  She of course said yes, and here they were, two years later, still very much in love.

Now, with dinner nearly finished, she stared at his familiar, loving face.  He had soft black hair, dark eyes hidden under thick eyebrows, and angular features. She had thought many times that she wasn't good enough for him, but he had been always quick to deny it.  Miyeon smiled at that. 

Junghan suddenly stood up.  Miyeon looked at him in surprise.  He smirked at her and pulled her up from her seat, just as he had done before.  He lead her to their room, and on the way, they passed a mirror. Junghan ignored it, but Miyeon caught a glance of her reflection.

In that moment, Miyeon realized how much she had changed and grown from only a few years ago. She used to be a shy and reclusive girl, but her confidence and outlook on life changed when she started college and dyed her hair. Now she was an outgoing person and had become almost beautiful.  She had long, wavy brown hair, big eyes, a bright smile, and long legs.  Though she liked that she had become so self-assured, she missed the innocence of her childhood and wished she could have been the same as she was now.  Perhaps then she would have had remembered more from her past.  Now that she thought of it, there were very few memories she could recall from beyond ten years ago; and she was just 24.

Miyeon sighed, but by the time she and Junghan were in bed snuggling, she totally forgot about her sad thoughts.  

That night was a winter night, and the cold bit into her skin without remorse.  Miyeon moved closer to Junghan who was laying next to her, grateful for his warmth and comfort.

A soothing silence set in, and just as Miyeon was about to fall asleep, a terrifying howl pierced the night.

Miyeon jumped and whimpered. She pulled the sheets over her head. When she felt a tug at the blanket she was clutching, she screamed. Miyeon was relieved when she saw Junghan's face instead of an animal's. (However in retrospect, she shouldn't have expected anything different)

After her breathing and pulse settled down, Miyeon realized that Junghan was laughing at her.  She pouted at him, unwilling to show her embarassment.  

Still shaking with amusement, he said, "Yah! Kim Miyeon, are you really afraid of a little wolf?"

Miyeon shook her head forcefully.  Junghan started to laugh harder and ruffled her hair.

Then they both stayed quiet for a while.  Eventually, Miyeon spoke up quietly.  "I don't like wolves."

Junghan was about to start laughing again, but then he saw the fear on her face.  

His voice took on a gentler tone. "Don't worry Miyeon, I'll always be here to protect you; from wolves or anything else."

Miyeon smiled, and hugged him.  

They fell asleep like that, and no wolves howled again that night.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hello again~!

I know this chapter was also pretty boring, but there's some important (and somewhat hidden) stuff in here.  I also hope you guys enjoyed the reference to Baekhyun, whom Chanyeol said howled last chapter, haha.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you continue to do so! 

I promise that next chapter will be more interesting, because Exo and Miyeon will meet!

Please comment your thoughts and subscribe~