Miyeon Meets Exo

Wolf

A/N: Warning this chapter is somewhat violent/graphic (skip to Author's Note at the end if it becomes too much for you)

Suho's concentration broke when the familiar pad of Sehun's paws neared their cave. Suho growled in annoyance, as he had just been deep in thought, thinking of possible solutions to fix the pack's hunger issue.  This was his chance to become the alpha male, he knew, so he needed to do everything perfectly.

However, he allowed himself to look up at Sehun when he saw that he had changed into his human form.  Usually the wolf-boys would howl or just pass by in their wolf forms to show that everything was fine, and only changed into humans if they had something important to say.  During a time where they were all beginning to starve, whatever Sehun had to say might benefit Suho.  There were only four of them present in the cave, and D.O was one of them, surprisingly asleep.  But Suho knew to always be wary of Xiumin when he was awake, the final person there, and that Baekhyun, with his keen hearing, might overhear something that might be worth keeping a secret with the pair just a few yards from where he stood watch. So Suho changed into his own human form, and beckoned Sehun to speak with him in private in a corner as far from Xiumin as he could get. Xiumin smiled at them and looked away, pretending to be preoccupied.

In a low voice, Suho asked, "What is it?"

"I think I found someone."  Was his soft reply, his lisp showing ever so slightly when he said 'someone.'  It was one of the reasons Sehun liked being in his wolf form much more than his human form.

"Who, and why?" Though Suho's tone was brusque, he couldn't quite hide his excitement. 

"It's a tall male. He's pretty muscled too, so I'm sure Kai and the other hunters will get a kick out of that. I'm not sure what his name is, Oh something. He lives away from his parents in a small apartment and hardly goes anywhere besides his home and school.  He has a mate, but that just means more meat for us.  Plus I don't even think he knows his neighbors."  Sehun's eyes were sparkling with pride for finding such a prime target.

Suho smirked and said, "Good job, Sehun. I can't wait to bring this up tonight." The way Sehun just radiated his need for the recognition sickened Suho. He loved the boy, but sometimes he was too needy.

"Suho-hyung... Are you going to take over the pack now?"  Sehun became serious.

"Maybe, because of you."  Suho smiled at the maknae and ruffled his hair.

Sehun smiled slightly, but then asked quietly, "What will happen to Kris-hyung?"

The older boy decided to play the innocent act, and looked at him inquiringly. "What do you mean?" His goal was to make Sehun uncomfortable and change the subject.

The first part worked, but Sehun still continued, albeit a bit guiltily. "He'll still be a part of our pack, right?"

Suho laughed, and said, "Of course! What a silly question! Kris is our brother, Sehunnie! He'll be in the pack all right, but just not as the leader; that'll be my job."

The maknae laughed with him, and rubbed his neck, feeling bad for saying such a thing.  The boy turned into his wolf form and waited in the cave for the rest of the pack to come back.

Satisfied, Suho also changed into his other form and laid down to think over what he would say that night.  This was the turning point that he had been waiting for all this time.  Though he had told Sehun otherwise, Suho wasn't so sure he would let Kris stay; he was too dangerous and would certainly be out to get Suho.

Right when the other seven boys returned to the cave, Xiumin stood up, and declared, "Sehun has something important to say."

D.O woke up shortly before this and raised his eyebrows, his face reflecting the thoughts of those whose animal faces could not be read. All of the wolves shimmered and moments later, in their places stood boys around twenty years of age.  

After he got over the shock, Suho instantly turned livid, and sent piercing looks toward Xiumin.  None of the others noticed the anger radiating from Suho; they were all too focused on Sehun.

The maknae looked at Suho helplessly, then repeated what he said to everyone else.

Kris looked incredibly pleased and even beamed at the youngest wolf-boy. He clapped his hands together and said, "Alright then, let's do it tonight."  Kris, Chanyeol, Luhan, and the rest of them began to plan this kill, while Suho cornered Xiumin.

"Why did you do that?"  Suho's voice was icy and filled with contempt.

"I was just trying to keep the pack together. Unlike you."  Xiumin's voice was steady and smooth, and he had no problems responding to a very angry Suho.

"Excuse me?"  The 'guardian' was beyond offended.

"We're brothers, Suho.  It seems like you've forgotten that."  Xiumin scoffed.

"I haven't forgotten." Suho's voice was deadly quiet, but defensive.

"Really?  Because it seems like if you had a chance, you'd kill Kris."  Suho was taken aback by Xiumin's insight.

The older boy noticed this, and his lips curled backwards in disgust.  "I know I'm no leader, but I know this: Kris may have his flaws, but you are definitely not fit to be a leader right now."  And with that, Xiumin turned and went to join the others, leaving Suho beyond angry, but confused and hurt as well.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The next night, after another lovely dinner with Junghan, the Jungyeon couple was again in bed, snuggling.

Once again, they heard howling, but this time, the noise sounded frighteningly close.  Instead of screaming like before, Miyeon just gulped and gripped Junhan's arm.  The howls sounded again, and impossibly, it seemed closer.  Resolving not to make any loud noises, Miyeon held onto Junghan tighter and clenched her eyes shut.

The elevator sounded, and she soon started to hear scratching and sniffing.  It was very late for someone to be coming into the building... but maybe it was someone doing late night shopping? Or perhaps studying late?  Miyeon couldn't be sure, as she realized she hardly ever saw her neighbors, let alone talked to them. 

Fear clenched her heart, and the darkness lent a dark helping hand.  

When she could bear it no more, she squeaked, "Oppa."  Junghan shook his head wordlessly and got up from their bed. He got a broom from the closet and stood ready, facing the door.  The sounds came closer, and it seemed that it was right outside their bedroom.

Miyeon felt paralyzed without the reassuring touch of her fiance.  She froze, and waited for death to come to her.

However, it would not come to her, only to him.  It came in the form of four bright yellow unhuman eyes.

Everything happened in a few moments. Massive black creatures crashed through the door, hurtling themselves at Junghan. There was a terrible snarling, Junghan's grunting, then the ripping flesh.  

The girl laying in the bed felt tiny and insignificant as she watched the wolves. She could do nothing but stare in horror as she saw Junghan's head roll across the floor. A sickening red started to stain the wooden floor.

One of the wolves finally noticed her, and she thought it was the end of her. However, it did not attack, it just stared at her.  Though there was nothing to suggest that they were not canine eyes, she thought she saw a warm human tenderness in them. 

Soon, the others turned and noticed her too, and leapt at her. It was odd though, once she closed her eyes to die, she felt no teeth or claws penetrate her skin.  Miyeon peeked and saw that a huge wall of blackness was blocking the three wolves.  Two of them seemed confused, while the last one tackled her saviour, sending the mass of fur and muscle toppling on top of her frail body.

Miyeon lost consciousness, but not before realizing that she was being dragged away from her home, her dead husband-to-be, and the life she had loved and lived for the past 24 years.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: So if you couldn't read it (because I probably couldn't have), basically, Exo kills Junghan, and almost kills Miyeon, but one of them stops the other three from doing it.  In the end, Miyeon faints and is dragged away.

BTW, This was very scary to write, since I did it at like midnight, lol

I'm sorry there hasn't been too much of Tao, the love interest, but you will in the next chapter!  Oh, and please don't hate Suho too much, I really do like him and his personality doesn't nearly match the caring leader he really is. He'll get better.

Please comment and subscribe!