Do Kyungsoo

Wolf

After that night, the days that followed blurred together.  Miyeon didn't keep track of time, and only knew when one day ended when it became dark outside and the wolf boys returned to the cave.  She was in such a daze, that time almost didn't have any meaning to her. Almost. But with so many deadly creatures around, she had enough sense to be much more attentive when the sun went down and the wolves came out. She recognized a pattern. Each night, meat was served to each wolf (minus a few who were probably watching for stray humans or something) by the human boy, excluding the wolf boy who never left her side... Tao- Tao was his name. After that, the human boy would give Miyeon a slice of bread without making eye contact with her, and she would drink from a pail of water that she and Tao shared (every night it would be refilled by someone while she was asleep). Over the course of these dinners, Miyeon figured out the names of each of the boys and small personality traits (it was relatively easy since they ate in their human forms)- Suho was the kind looking one was one of the leaders and wanted to kill her. Kris was the other leader who looked much more frightening with his dark eyebrows, but cared much less for her life and kept looking at Tao apologetically. Xiumin had big cheeks and ate a lot. Luhan was the innocent boy with blonde hair and bright eyes who appeared occasionally (when he did, he sat next to Sehun). Lay was quiet but random and made the other boys laugh. Baekhyun was another one of the ones who wasn't always around, but seemed to make the atmosphere better when he was there and he seemed close to Chanyeol. Chen was the last one who wasn't a constant presence but liked to be a pest to the other boys when he could. Chanyeol was the tall one who smiled an infectious smile so often that he almost made Miyeon forget they were all killing beasts.  Kai somehow stood out in looks even though he was surrounded by many other beautiful boys and possessed a dangerously appealing voice.  Sehun seemed mature even though he was constantly referred to as the youngest and had a slight lisp.  And then there was that human boy who was a complete enigma to Miyeon, and of course, Tao.  That was dinner; Miyeon would try to gather as much information about her "roommates" while attempting to stay as insignificant as she possibly could.  And every night, she would wait until she was sure that all of the wolf boys were in deeply asleep before crying herself to sleep.  In the mornings, all the boys would be gone except for Tao and the human.  During the day time, Miyeon immersed herself in thoughts, memories, and hopes. Just like that, time slipped past, agonizingly slow and torturous throughout.

On the sixth day after Miyeon's life was ripped from her grasp, the newly established routine that had become so comfortable was shattered.

When Miyeon woke up, she was confused and groggy.  With eyes that drooped with sleep and were crusty with dried tears, she peered out towards the entrance of the cave, and saw that it was bright outside.  Her hand instinctively went to her pocket for her phone to check the time, but of course it was not there (It was still on the small table next to her bed).  Then she realized that a boy was sleeping next to her.  He wasn't the only one either; there was another one curled up by a fire that had burned out sometime during the night.  The reality that she was alone with two vaguely familiar boys in a cave hit her.  Finally, she remembered everything that had happened in the past few days (the first one in particular), and how the boy next to her wasn't even completely human (despite the fact that he had remained a human for the past week), and that he saved her life... twice.  

Miyeon pondered the prospect of running away just then, but she figured that one of the wolves would find her and kill her. Then what would become of the wolf boy next to her? His starving and possible death would be for nothing... What was she thinking?  She should be primarily be concerned for her own life, not the life of a creature she didn't even know.

Miyeon sighed, then shook her head, trying unsuccessfully to rid her mind of worries. 

When she looked back up, she saw that the boy by the fire had just woken up.  He looked at her innocently with his big eyes.  It was the first time he gave her his full attention apart from when he first saw her.  Unsure of what to do, Miyeon looked away, embarrassed. As soon as she built up the courage to face him again, she discovered that a shy smile had stolen over his face.  He's cute, Miyeon thought.  She smiled back at him, and he laughed softly.  

Curious to know more about this human boy who was with these wolf boys, she got up and moved over to him. As she didn't once venture away from her small corner, he seemed surprised, but said nothing to object. In fact, he seemed interested as well.  

"I'm Miyeon."  She introduced herself.

"Do Kyungsoo."  He inclined his head in her direction.

"You're human... why are you with these... guys?"  Miyeon asked questioningly.

He smiled again.  "I'm useful to them... and they're my brothers."  Instead speaking ashamedly or hesitantly as Miyeon would have expected, Kyungsoo said the words comfortably.

Miyeon waded in her surprise for a moment, then an idea dawned on her.  "You're the D.O they're talking about, aren't you?"

With his smile still in place, he nodded slightly. "It's because of my surname, Do. But you can call me Kyungsoo, if you like." He had such a shy personality that it seemed like saying this much was difficult for him.

"Ok, I'll call you Kyungsoo then."  Miyeon smiled brightly at him, thankful that she wouldn't be alone in this terrible ordeal.  Kyungsoo rubbed his neck nervously, and turned away from her, clearly showing that he didn't want to participate in the awkward conversation anymore.  Despite noticing this, Miyeon continued to ask him questions.  

"What are they going to do to me?"  

The boy avoided her gaze, and said, "I don't know."

 Miyeon couldn't tell if he was telling the truth or not, so she questioned him again: "What am I supposed to do during the time they're not here?"

Kyungsoo shrugged.  Miyeon sighed and sat down next to him in defeat, finally accepting that she had gotten all that she could out of him.

 

Tao woke up as soon as he felt the warmth that had been emanating from the girl disappear. It had become such a comforting constant. Alarmed, he jolted up and looked around alertly.  Once he saw her talking to D.O, he exhaled in relief, but continued to observe them carefully.

Ah, so her name is Miyeon... It's a pretty name, Tao thought after she introduced herself.

Tao almost laughed out loud when she said that D.O was human, but managed to hold it in since he wanted to hear the rest of their conversation. He thought it was unfair that she would open up to Kyungsoo before himself, as she only did this under the false impression that he wouldn't hurt her because he was human.  In reality, he was just as much of a wolf as the others, while Tao was the only person guaranteed not to hurt her since he had already proved to care for her life.

Anger flooded through his body when D.O rejected Miyeon's attempts at conversation, deflating the poor girl.  What Tao wouldn't give for a chance to talk to her, and D.O just goes and throws his away!

Unsure of what he should do, Tao stood up unsteadily.  His legs nearly collapsed beneath him; he was lucky enough to have the wall next to him so he could steady himself.  He had been trapped in his human form for far too long.

Tao paused, realizing that he was undecided in his intentions.  However, fate decided for him, as Miyeon spotted the boy.  He gave her a slight smile and a small wave.  Instead of receiving a smile back as Tao hoped, she just continued to stare at him.

He chastised himself for acting so foolishly, then sighed.  As much as he yearned to see Miyeon's beautiful smile, it would only hurt if it came because of D.O.

Suddenly, as if some magical power had heard Tao's thoughts, Miyeon faced D.O.  

"Kyungsoo-sshi."

"Hmmm?"  D.O asked her distractedly without looking at her.

"Can I go for a walk? You can come with me if you want to make sure I don't run away or anything like that."  The girl looked away, embarrassed.

Wearing a small smile, D.O said, "Sure."  

He then stood up and offered Miyeon his hand.  She took it while blushing.

After the pair took a few steps toward the entrance to the cave, D.O looked back.  Speaking as if the thought had just come to his mind, he said, "Tao, stay here."

Even by the time Miyeon and D.O were out of sight, those words echoed in Tao's mind.

Stay here.

Somehow he couldn't bring himself to get angry at them.  

After all, he was a just an overgrown dog.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hello everyone!  I just made D.O a major character.... what do you think of that?  

Anyways, thanks for reading, and please comment and subscribe^^