first meeting

Swords and Moonlight

Chapter 1



    Sunlight streamed through the canopy, strong, broad swaths of gold cutting through the shade crreated by the afternoon light.


“wait for me unnie”


“gotta keep up Seo” Sooyoung shouted back, “all that time spend inside that dusty old library has made you slow”


“Thats not fair” Seohyun shouted back, running full out “its my job”


“Yeah, You tell that giantess” Yoona said, running next to Seohyun, “besides we’re way ahead of Sica, and Tiffany unnie”


“Yah, I can hear you” Jessica shouted, way back on the trail. “and Tiffany isn’t running with me, I thought she was with you”


The five girls were running patrol through the forest. They had received their orders that morning, The Society had reason to believe a high class demon was going to pop in somewhere in this forest.


“Yahhhhh!!!!!!!!”


Tiffany dropped in front of Sooyoung, and the tall girl barely managed to stop herself from barreling straight into Tiffany. in doing so, Sooyoung managed to land face first into a pool of mud, and dry leaves.


“what in the world miyoung?!” Seohyun and Yoona helped Sooyoung get out of the mud. “Where did you go off to?”


“quiet” Tiffany signaled the girls to stay low, “there’s someone ahead”


Jessica caught up with the group, and when to Tiffany’s side.


“Jess can you sense anything” Tiffany asked.


“Three individuals, all have high levels of Kido” Jessica answered, her eyes closed in concentration, “can it be someone from the Society?”


Jessica was the best among the five, at sensing, and shaping kido.


“No definitely not” Tiffany drew her sword, and signaled the other girls to do the same.


Tiffany wielded a hand and a half sword, with a soft leather grip.

Yoona drew two curved blades, with hooked tips, single edged.

Sooyoung, and Seohyun each had a short sword, double edged and sharp. Along with a small round shield. about one and a half feet in diameter.

Jessica slung her bow, and drew an arrow from the quiver on her hip.


“lets take a look”



Tiffany, and co. moved slowly, and precisely just has they been trained to do when facing unknowns.


“are we lost Yuri-ah?”


“for the last time no”


“we been walking this woods for hours”


“Taeyeon is going to be mad” *Giggle*


Tiffany hid behind a fallen oak, and signaled her team to stay down.


In the large clearing were three girls, all of them holding weapons not unlike their own.


“We’ll be fine, I know exactly where we are” The girl holding a map said, “Besides its Taeyeon’s fault”


“wae” The shorter of the girls said, “how do you figure that? last time I checked it was you leading us around this forest blind?”


“Yah!” The girl with the map look up her eyes burning with fury, “what’s that supposed to mean?”


“what it means is that we’re lost” The other girl said looking around the clearing, “and that Tae is going to strangle us for not meeting her at the Op. zone”


Tiffany walks away from the clearing her team follows behind.


“so those girls sound unstable” Sooyoung says, once they get out of earshot.


“that may be, but those weapons look sane enough” Seohyun said evenly. “we must be careful, avoid them if possible”


“That won’t work, they’re inside the zone of operations, the  monster we’re hunting is inside a two klick radius from that clearing” Jessica said.


“lets go talk to them” Tiffany returned her sword to its sheath. “Its curious civilians don’t carry weapons like”


With that Tiffany walks right through the brush, and straight into the clearing, her team close behind her.


“Well hello there!” Tiffany says as she walks into view, “nice weath....”


Tiffany stops short, as one of the girls is holding a sword point to . The girl is no longer smiling, her eyes cold, and calculating.


“Who are, and what are you doing here?” The girl holding the sword said, evenly.


The other girls had also drawn their weapons, keeping Tiffany’s team from moving, on the threat of violance.



“We’re from The Society, and we don’t appreciate being held at sword point”


In a flash of movement, and pure speed Tiffany, signaled her friends and they all jumped back, drawing their weapons. The 8 girls faced each other, no one dared to move. Violence, and tension hung heavy in the air, as thick as jelly.


Any sudden movements from any one of them, could ignite that air, and blood would be shed.


“Who are you, you're not of The Society?” Jessica stated.


“I am Sunny” The shortest girl said, stepping forward, not lowering her two blades. “this are my teammates”


“yuri” she nodded to the dark skin girl who held a long bow, drawn and ready to loose her arrow, if any of the others moved.


“Hyoyeon” Sunny pointed to the taller girl, who at the moment was having a glaring contest with Sooyoung, and even do she had her head bent back in order to look at the taller girl's eyes, she somehow seemed to be winning.


“Who are you” Sunny continued looking at each one in the eye.


“I am Tiffany, leader of this company, and these are my teammates”


“Jessica”


“Yoona”

“Seohyun”


“and Sooyoung” Tiffany pointed to each of her teammates inturn, “wait Sooyoung what are you doing?!”


Sooyoung and Hyoyeon had finished their glaring contest, and seemed to be having a tree climbing contest.


“Get down from there Hyoyeon-ah!” Sunny shouted at Hyoyeon who was half way up a very large very old oak tree.


“I am winning Sunny”


“Winning?” Sooyoung shouted down, “in your dreams”


Seohyun shook her head in disappoinment, that was definetly not how an agent from The Society was supposed to act when facing unknowns inside an op zone.


Yuri, and Jessica were still facing each other weapons drawn, arrows taunt.


Yoona stared up at the tree where Sooyoung, and the other girl, hyoyeon were still climbing, with both tiffany and the short girl Sunny after them. Shouting for them to get down and start acting their age.

“are you here about the spike on demon activity” Jessica asked yuri, neither girl easing their ready stance.


“Yes, our leader arrived here this morning, she found the monster, we’re her back up” Yuri answered through clenched teeth,


“but you lot managed to get lost?” Jessica asked recalling the conversation they overheard.


“yeah” Yuri lowered her head in shame, here they were demon slayers... lost.


“what about your leader?” Jessica asked, “is he fighting the monster, or close by?”


“she, our leader is a she” Yuri answered, “Taeyeon was instructed not to face the monster without back up”


“thats good” Jessica said, “because our scanners say its massive, and dangerous”


“well crap” Yuri cursed silently, and put her bow away, “That not good Tae, isn’t too great at following instructions, also she reported a minor demon”

 

(A/N

What up readers, thanks to all you guys who continue to read my ever so crappily writen stories ^^

Promise to try to improve my writing, any way next chapter should be up before the day is up.

 

~MoonPaladin out~

~So Nyuh Shi Dae~