Arrived in Korea

Lost Love

 

Taeyeon’s POV

 

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Incheon Airport. Local time is 9:30 AM and the temperature is 28º celcius.

For your safety and comfort, we ask that you please remain seated with your seat belt fastened until the Captain turns off the Fasten Seat Belt sign. This will indicate that we have parked at the gate and that it is safe for you to move about.

Please check around your seat for any personal belongings you may have brought onboard with you and please use caution when opening the overhead bins, as heavy articles may have shifted around during the flight.

If you require deplaning assistance, please remain in your seat until all other passengers have deplaned. One of our crew members will then be pleased to assist you.

We remind you to please wait until inside the terminal to use any electronic devices (or to smoke in the designated areas.)

On behalf of Korean Airlines and the entire crew, I’d like to thank you for joining us on this trip and we are looking forward to seeing you on board again in the near future. Have a nice day!

After that long 2 hour flight, I have finally arrived at Incheon airport. I got off the plane with my parents and we get our luggages. Outside of the airport, it was hot as it is summer now, the car that was picking us up have arrived and our old butler Mr. Yang was there.

“Hello Ms Taeyeon, it has been a while..” he said with a smile that brought wrinkles to his face.

Without replying back to him, I ran to him and hugged him. Even though I’m now a high-schooler, this man right here have been with me ever since I was a kid. He has always been there for me through everything I’ve been through. 

“Ahjussi! I’ve missed you so much! How’s everyone?” I was referring to all of the workers at my house. Even though it has been 5 years since I’ve left for Japan, the house I lived in here in Korea have not been sold or given away. We still kept it for when we get back, which I thought was after I graduated school. But things didn’t go as planned, and so I got back here faster than I thought. Mr. Yang, Mrs Lee, and their children are the ones that lived in our house while we’re away. 

“They’re fine. Come on! Let’s hurry up and go home, Mrs Lee have specially made your favorite Sundaeguk (Korean sausage soup)..” 

So we got in the car, without my parents, since they are going to visit my sick aunt in the hospital. 

The way back home was sort of dramatic, it almost seems like the korean dramas I watch in Japan whenever I miss home. Looking at the window seeing that Seoul didn’t change much ever since we left for Japan, except more skyscrapers and highways everywhere. I opened the window for I have been missing Seoul’s air. I breathe in deeply and closed my eyes. A flashback struck to my brain.

--Flashback 7 years ago--

I was just finishing packing my stuff for Japan until I heard a loud voice calling me.

“KIM TAEYEON!!” and a few hard knocks on the door. Why isn’t anyone opening the door?

I ran downstairs and opened the door to see Wooyoung smiling widely at me.

“Hey!” he greeted me happily.

“Why were you shouting? What’s so important that you have to disturb someone else’s house?” I answered coldly. He is just so annoying at times.

I didn’t get an answer for any of my questions. Instead, he dragged me outside until I stopped him.

“Yah! Where are we going? Stop dragging me! It hurts.”

“Oops, sorry Taeng. I thought that if I didn’t drag you, you wouldn’t come with me.”

“Just let go of my arm. I promise I’ll follow you.”

“Okay” he lets go of my hand and started leading the way. I was planning on running back home, but then there’s this feeling inside my heart that I should follow him.

After walking quite a while, we stopped in a park. In front of a swing to be precise.

“Sit.” he told me, while pointing at the swing next to where he was sitting down.

“Is there anything you need to talk about? Because if not, then you’re just wasting my time for I have....”

“Here!” he cut me off, while grabbing my hand and placing something on it.

“What is this?” I took the ‘thing’ he gave me and look at it closer. It was a necklace. A necklace with the shape of an owl.

“A necklace.” puh-lease, state the obvious.

“Why are you giving this to me?”

“Well, I thought since you were living tomorrow, I would give you something that might remind you of me.”

I hit his shoulder quite hard while tears kept pouring down my cheeks.

“What was that for? And are you crying? Is there something I did wrong?” he went a little panicked.

“That was for being too sweet the moment I’m about to leave. Yes and no. You didn’t do anything wrong. Right the opposite.”

“Oh..I don’t know what to say to that.”

“You know, by doing this you’re just going to make me feel worst on leaving. Please make it easy for me..” I confessed.

Right at that moment, he went towards me and hugged me.

“Please don’t cry! If you cry, I will probably cry!”

I laughed at that, realizing that we were actually still a kid. I thought we were old already since we look like those couples you see in tv. For goodness sake we’re still 9 years old!

We stayed in that position for a while, I didn’t even realize that I was hugging him back.

“I’m gonna miss you soooooo sooo soo sooo much Taeng!” he said while I felt what seem to be his tear on my shoulder.

“I’m gonna miss you too Woo.” I squeezed him tight.

--

I put my hands on my neck, and felt it. The necklace. I have never opened it once, even when I’m sleeping and showering. 

“Miss, we’re here.” I heard Mr Yang’s voice from outside.

Wow. I must’ve been to carried away with my thoughts that I couldn’t realize that we were back home and that Mr Yang was already outside opening the door for me. 

I stepped down only to be greeted Mrs. Lee, Seohyun and Hyoyeon. [A/N: I made hyoyeon and seohyun here as her maid’s daughter.] 

“Unnie!!!” Hyoyeon ran to me and hug me. Even though Seohyun and Hyoyeon are my maid’s daughters, but I treat them like my little sisters since I live with them ever since we were kids.

“Hyoyeon! Seohyun! I miss you guys so much! Both of you look much more prettier now! Omo! Did you guys started wearing make up now?” [A/N: I’m making their age difference a bit farther.]

“Ahahaha unnie! You’re still the same you! You didn’t change one single bit~ I miss you unnie.” Seohyun said as she hugged me.

“Mrs. Lee! I miss you too so much! I miss your cooking too~” I said as I look behind the girls to see Mrs. Lee opening her arms wide.

“Come inside Taeyeon-ah! I have made a special Sundaeguk for you. You’re favorite. Hurry up and eat it while its hot.”

“Thank You ahjumma!” I said as I went inside.

I looked around and the house was still the same, nothing changes except the fact that there weren’t many things in it.

After eating, I went straight to my room because I have missed it so much. As soon as I entered, I went straight to my bed and lay on it.

Now this feels more like home. Home sweet home.

-------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry I haven’t been updating much since my first chapter :(:( please forgive me *bows 90 degrees* But here you go! Hope you like the second chapter~
Thank you all for the 11 subbies!
THANK YOU SO MUCH! 

I <3 you all!

Sorry that Wootae haven’t met yet! I promise they will meet in the next chapter :):) please wait for it!