Prologue

Lost Love

 

Taeyeon’s POV

 

7 years ago

 

“Taeyeon-ah!” I looked back and saw my best friend waving frantically at me.

“What Wooyoung? I want to hurry and get back home..so I can finish all my homeworks fast and sleep early!” I replied him.

“Oh! I just wanted to tell you that my mom just texted me, and that you’re going home with me on my car! You’re mom’s at my house..” Well that wasn’t surprising. Other than me being best friends with Wooyoung, our moms are also best friends. They hang out a lot, even more than us probably. 

“Okay~”

--

As soon as we’ve arrived at his house, I took of my shoes and headed for his living room. I bowed to both moms and was headed to his room, where we usually hang out or do homeworks together. Suddenly I felt someone’s hand grabbing my wrist.

 

“Mommy! Aunty! Did you know? Taeyeon’s my girlfriend!” Wooyoung said blantly. What?! What did he say?! He did not just claim to our moms that I’m his girlfriend. Eww, no way.

“What?! Of course not! Why would I be your girlfriend? We’re only 9!” I shouted while having a disgusted look painted over my face.

I let go of my wrist from his hand and ran outside. I saw Wooyoung’s face and I could see the disappointment in it. But then I thought to myself, how old are we? What does he know about love? I thought love is when you sleep for thousands of years and your prince charming would go through bad guys and dangerous forrest to kiss and you and give back your life. 

~

And that was the biggest regret of my life.

 

Hi, my name is Taeyeon, I’m 16 and I love Jang Wooyoung. Yes, the Jang Wooyoung that once called me his girlfriend. Unfortunately, I didn’t know what love is during that time and I rejected him badly. Even more unfortunately, I know live in Japan because my family moved here for my dad’s job. I lost contact with Wooyoung the same year I arrived here at Tokyo. Even so, our moms still contact each other and talk to each other over the phone or video chat or something like that. I don’t get how they seem closer when they’re actually old already. 

Enough talking about our parents, now.....how did I fall for Jang Wooyoung when we don’t contact each other anymore? Well, I’m a huge stalker freak! I check out all of his social networks and drool over his most current picture. He is not the old Wooyoung, the geek I hang a lot with. He changed. He is now different. He’s much more handsome and as I see him talk with his friends in his twitter/facebook he seems friendlier...Well, personally I think that I’ve also changed. If you compared myself 7 years ago and now, I would have gotten skinnier and prettier. I lost 10kg and wear contact lens now.

Well, back to my so-called “crush”... this happened for weeks ever since I started ninth grade. At first I thought it was just plain admiration, but as time pass by, feelings started to grow and I questioned myself on them. Have I really fallen for him? Over stalking his facebook and twitter? This is confusing!

This confusion ended on that one day I was surfing tumblr and there was a quote 

“Based on a psychological study, a crush only lasts for a maximum of 4 months. If it exceeds, you are already in love.”

And this so-called “admiration” or “crush” has been going on for 7 months and more. Since then on, I fell in love with Jang Wooyoung. Yes, the one that I rejected 7 years ago.

~

Today is just the beginning of Summer break, so I woke up at arounnd 9am. I took a quick shower, put on my crop-tee and a pair of shorts and went downstairs. To my surprise, there were big boxes downstairs and outside was a moving car. Are we moving? Again?! Where????

“Mom! What’s all this about?” I asked as I saw my mom packing up our kitchen utensils.

“We’re moving Taeyeon! You should be happy..Since I know you’re bullied at school.”

I was speechless that moment. How did she know? Who told her? 

“...where?...what?....how did you know?” I blurted out as I didn’t know what to say.
“Why don’t you tell me, honey? We could’ve moved years ago..Your father’s done with his job her in Tokyo, we stayed longer because we saw that you were always happy coming home from school? Why didn’t you just tell the truth Tae?” my mom explained.

I thought of this for a second. We could’ve moved years ago?! Why weren’t I that open to my mom, Tayeon, you idiot!
“Sorry mom, next time..I’ll surely be more open with you.” I sincerely apologized to my mom.

“Its okay Tae, just remember that you’re family is always there for you.” these words touched my heart.

“Thanks mom..By the way, where are we moving?”

“Oh...Seoul, honey.”

 

 

What? Where? Seoul? Did I heard it wrong?

 

“..wh-whe-where? S-S-Seoul?”

“Yes, Tae. Why? What’s wrong?”

“oh...umm..nothing..absolutely nothing..”

 

OH. MY. GOSH! Seoul? As in Seoul, Korea. As in where I live during my childhood. As in where Jang Wooyoung is. Should I be happy? Should I be sad? What should I feel?

 

“What about my school mom?” I asked, as if that is what’s most important right now.

“I’ve arranged everything Tae, don’t you worry about one single bit.” my mom answered.

“When are we leaving?”

“Tomorrow.”

 

Seoul, Korea. Jang Wooyoung. Here I come!