An Afternoon Walk

Lost Love

 

Taeyeon’s POV

It was 2 PM when I opened my eyes in bed. I guess I might have fallen asleep. I took a shower and change into an oversized blue sweater over a plain white tank top, and high waisted denim shorts.

I ran down and see that my parents are home already. 

“Oh, you’re awake!” my mom said.

“Yeah..I’m going out for a whil  mom..I want look around the neighborhood.”

“Ohh, okay! Be careful!”

“Bye!”

I went outside and closed the door behind me. I saw Mr Yang cleaning the car, but stopped as soon as he saw me.

“Taeyeon-ah, where are you going? Is there anything you need?”

“I’m just going out a bit, exploring the neighborhood. I’ve left for 7 years, just wanted to know if everything stayed the same..”

“Oh, well okay then! Be careful and just call me if anything happens..” I giggled a bit to this, he sounded so protective over me.

As I started walking, I felt water drops above my head. Oh my, don’t tell me its gonna rain. It has only been 5 minutes since I’ve left home and now it started raining. I went to the nearest store to look for shelter. As soon as I went inside, a flashback struck through me. It was here. Our first meeting.

 

-- Flashback 10 years ago --

Ouch! What is wrong with me today? I just wanted to enjoy my last day of summer vacation, and yet here I am now falling knee first out off a swing. I look down and saw a big scar on my knee. I didn’t care at first but the panic starts as soon as it starts bleeding. I tried running to the nearest store and yet ended up limping from the pain on my knee.

“Ahjumma! Can you please hand me a band-aid?” 

“Sure, but pay first please...Its 500 Won.”

That when I realized, I didn’t bring any money. 

“Sorry ahjumma, but I didn’t bring any money today.. Please! I’ll promise to pay tomorrow! I’ll come back! Can you see my knee is bleeding here...” I said and pointed to where the scar was.

“Urgh, there are lots of kids nowadays trying to trick me. I’m not giving you one unless you pay for it.” she said with quite a stern voice.

“Ahjumma! Please! My knee is hurting and you don’t let me buy a band-aid?”

“Well, sorry miss..but you didn’t bring any money.” I know I am just a young and weak girl, but doesn’t she have a heart to at lease care about me? “I’ll pay for it.” a boy said as he gave the money to the cashier ahjumma stopping me from my thoughts.

“Okay..here you go!” the cashier ahjumma flashed a smile looking at the money the boy just gave, while giving me one, i repeat, ONE piece of band-aid. Such a money-minded ahjumma.

“Thanks.” I said to the boy.

“That’s okay. My mom gave me some money to buy myself a lollipop, but I guess you needed it more than me.” he said grinning widely at me. Why is he happy? Isn’t he suppose to be mad that I used his lollipop money. 

“Oh...I’m sorry.” I don’t know what to say. He’s so kind and caring to me.

“No, that’s okay. ” he said while leaving the store. That is when I realized I didn’t get his name.

The next day

It was my first day back to school as a 4th grader. I’m so excited, because in our school, fourth-graders have pairing seating arrangement. Ever since we were first-graders, they would separate us from our friends and we would sit alone and in rows. That was boring. 

I went inside the class picking a seat next to the window. I like seeing other kids play outside whenever I’m bored with the lessons. 

The bell rang and everyone picks a seat that will be theirs for the rest of the school year.

Our fourth-grade homeroom teacher, Mrs. Lee, entered with a boy behind her. I didn’t notice it as first, but as soon as I took a second glance, I knew it was him. It was that boy that helped me in the store the other day.

“Class, please be seated and be quiet. Remember that those seats you guys have picked will be the one you will be sitting on for the rest of the academic year. Now, lets start with an introduction from our new student here.” she said while giving the boy a look letting him speak.

“Hi! My name is Wooyoung. Jang Wooyoung. I just moved here from Busan last week and I hope that all of you will treat me well! Thank You!” he said and then bowed. Oh so that’s his name.

“Alright Wooyoung, pick a seat and we’ll start the lesson.”

Wooyoung walked towards me with his head down. I watch as he picked a seat. He ended up choosing the one next to mine. He sat, put his bags down and looked at me while letting out a hand.

“Hi! I’m Woo- hey..you’re the girl from yesterday. Right?”

“Hmm..Yes..My name’s Taeyeon. Nice meeting you here again.” I introduced myself.

“Nice to meet you too! Well I guess we’ll now be seat mates then.” he flashed a shining smile.

--

 

I can’t believe it was the same store I first mer Wooyoung. I went inside and looked around. Looking for something to eat while I wait for the rain. I took a ramen, pour hot water in, and brought it to one of those counters where we can eat while facing outside. Outside was very gloomy, the rain was heavy and it seems like it is not going to stop anytime soon. As I was sitting, some guy sat beside me eating his ramen too, but I didn’t even bother giving any attention to him. I was daydreaming while looking outside when a sudden husky and gentle voice called out my name.

“Taeyeon-ah..?” it was more of an unsure statement. I looked at the source of the voice and it was the guy beside me.

OH. MY. GOSH.

I looked at him. Shook my head a little, making sure I wasn’t dreaming.

It was him.

“Wooyoung-ah?”

-------------------------------------

Sorry for such a crappy and short chapter. I’m trying my best to have a 1k words range for all my chapters though..and and and sorry again guys for such a updating after ages! I think I will try to update quite some chapters soon because school has just started and homeworks will be piling up. Thanks to all you subscriber~ 

I <3 you all!

Please subscribe, comment, upvote and promote this story^^

and heeyyyy~~ wootae met! *as promised