10

Tied up in Knots

Keiba looked at Nemera in surprise, horror, and elation all at the same time. She looked down at her feet, wondering, is it really like that? When she looked back toward Min she saw that he and Jay were gesturing for the girls to follow them outside. Nemera took a deep breath and followed Keiba to the exit. It was cooler and quieter out there.

“Hey, Mini,” Keiba smiled, at the same time that Nemera said “Hey, Jay Bird,”. She ignored the soreness in her body and wrapped her arms around him in a warm embrace.

Min smirked at Keiba as Jay rubbed Nemera’s back.

“What took you so long, baby?” Jay asked.

“It’s a long story.” She paused. “Actually, it’s not that long, but—”

“Keiba, what happened to your face?” Min-Kyung asked, taking her chin and turning her face gently to the side to see the swelling scratches on her cheekbone. “Who did this?”

“Oh.” Keiba chuckled nervously. “There was a… little incident in the bathroom.”

“What incident?”

“And you too, Nemera.” Jay asked, seeing that she too was bruised. “What happened?”

“Well…” Keiba and Nemera locked gazes.

Nemera sighed. “Jay—”

“There were these four girls in the bathroom,” Keiba began. “And they were mad at me because I accidentally stepped on one of their shoes. They were going to gang up on me, but Nemera stepped in and helped me out.”

“So, what, you guys took two each?” Jay asked.

Keiba nodded. “Nemera got the worst of it because they all tried to beat on her, but—”

“But then Keiba stepped in and got her off me.” Nemera interjected. “We helped each other.” Her eyes shined with gratitude at what Keiba had done for her. Keiba smiled in response.

 “Keiba?” She looked into Min-Kyung’s worried face. “You fought?”

She nodded. “We had to.”

Jay and Min looked at each other and then at their girls. It was hard to imagine that either of them had gotten into a fight, as they were both usually so mild-mannered and quiet, but the evidence was plain as day with the bruises and scratches on their bodies. Although, they both had the feeling that they weren’t telling the entire truth.

Eventually Jay sighed and pulled Nemera into a hug. “I’m sorry Pyobeom.” He whispered.

Nemera hugged him back. “It’s okay, Jay Bird.”

Min wanted to do the same to Keiba, but wasn’t sure how she would take it. So he was surprised when Keiba initiated the hug. She wrapped her arms around his mid-section and pressed her uninjured cheek to his chest. He smiled and wrapped his arms around her too.

“Did you want me to take you back to the hotel?” Jay asked Nemera.

She shook her head. “No. A few crazy es won’t ruin this for me, Jay. Unless,” she lifted her face. “Unless you don’t want me to stay since I’m all bruised.”

He shook his head and kissed her. It was short and sweet, but when they parted Nemera was blushing and Jay was gazing at her passionately. It was a beautiful, personal moment that Keiba was glad she could be part of. Albeit briefly.

 Min found himself glancing at Keiba’s mouth, thinking about what he and Jay had talked about.

“Babe, you always look beautiful. Even like this, you’re beautiful.” Jay told her.

She nodded.

He grinned before turning his attention to Keiba and Min. “Min-Kyung, this is my girl Nemera. We’ve been going out for a couple months now.”

“Nice to meet you.” He grinned and shook her hand.

She smiled. “It’s nice to meet you too.”

“Thanks for taking care of Keiba.”

She waved that away. “Like I said, we really helped each other.”

Min smiled.

 “I hope you enjoy the show. Speaking of which,” Jay glanced at his watch. “Things should be starting soon. You guys ready to go back in?”

There were murmured affirmations all around. Jay took Nemera’s hand and led her back into the club with Min and Keiba following behind. They watched as Jay said something in her ear and rubbed circles in the back of her hand with his thumb. She shivered and stepped closer to him, enjoying the warmth radiating from his body.

Keiba looked up at Min. “Jay seems nice.” She told him.

“Yeah, he is.”

“So’s his girlfriend.”

“Yeah.”

Things were suddenly quiet between them and Keiba wasn’t sure how she felt about it. It seemed to carry a weight, like something significant and wonderful was about to come into fruition.

But the moment was somewhat tarnished when Tyga’s “Faded” came on.

“Wanna dance?” They asked simultaneously.

They stopped and grinned at each other. Min held his hand out toward her. She took it and allowed him to lead her back to the dance floor.

Nemera and Jay were so into each other that they didn’t notice when Min and Keiba stopped beside them. The tradeoff was that when Jay and Nemera slinked deeper into the crowd, neither Keiba nor Min really noticed. But after “Faded”, the music stopped. Everyone turned to see Jay standing up on stage with a mike in his hand.

“Hey,” Jay’s voice echoed throughout the room. “I hope you all are enjoying the party this far!”

Shouting and cheering from the people answered him.

“That’s what’s up!” He grinned. “Anyway, this next song is a little old, but it’s for all the ladies here tonight. Especially my girl. My Star.”

A really mellow-sounding song came on and Jay started singing to it. Min stood behind Keiba and swayed to the beat with her. His arms wrapped around her stomach and set his chin on her shoulder like he had earlier that night.

“This one is called ‘Star’.” Min murmured in her ear.

“Yeah?” She replied. “I like it.”

“Me too. It reminds me of someone special.”

“Oh really? Who?”

“You.”

Keiba stopped moving and looked up at him. He pushed one of her curly strands out of her face. The intensity in his gaze was too much; she could only blink at him and hope that her heart didn’t try to leap out of her chest.

Jay sang a few more songs and Min whispered their titles to her. One of his songs, “Welcome”, was, in a word, hot. Jay took off his shirt, revealing his muscular chest, and did tempting body rolls. Keiba saw this, but didn’t react as strongly as she would’ve had Min’s own chest not been pressed so closely to hers.

“Thanks you guys have been a great crowd tonight!” Jay concluded his performance with a bow and walked off the stage. Nemera met him halfway and stood up on her tiptoes to give him a passionate kiss that was rewarded with a few cheers and whistles from the crowd.

Afterward Keiba and Jay made their way over to the happy couple to say their goodbyes. Keiba and Nemera promised to keep in touch while Jay and Min made plans to meet again when he was back in town. They finally part ways.

Keiba yawned as Min drove her back to campus.

“Sleepy?” Min grinned.

“Yeah a little bit.” She admitted.

“Sorry, did I keep you out too long?”

“Not at all. I had fun.”

“Yeah?” He touched her hand. “You want to do this again sometime?”

She intertwined their fingers and smiled. “Definitely.”

Min killed the engine after he parked in his usual spot and got out of his car. He went to her side to help her out, but when she started walking toward the dorms, he grabbed her hand. She looked up at him, surprised.

“Listen,” he said. “I don’t want things to go on as they are.”

“Huh?” She asked. “What do you mean?”

“I don’t want us to be like those people who are so focused on not ruining their friendship that they never get past holding hands or hugging.”

Keiba stared at him, waiting for him to continue.

“Today, and especially tonight… I think I saw you for the first time. I mean how beautiful you are and how fragile and how kind you are… I know you weren’t telling the whole truth when you were explaining what happened in the bathroom.”

“I—”

“It’s okay. I know you had a reason; just don’t make it a habit.”

She nodded sheepishly.

He paused for a moment to collect his thoughts before continuing, “Keiba, I want us to be more.”

Keiba’s heart stopped. Or at least, that was how it felt. Part of her wanted to hide from the amount of passion he was exuding, but she forced herself to meet his gaze.

“I want that too…” she whispered.

A big, relieved smile graced his features. “You’re blushing.” He informed her.

“So are you.” She retorted.

He glanced into the rearview mirror on the side of his car and touched his cheek. “So I am.”

She grinned shyly.

Min reached for her face. His thumb brushed gently over her lips as he leaned in until his mouth was a breath away from hers. Keiba closed her eyes and practically floated in to close the distance between them.

Their kiss started slow and meaningful, but when Keiba bit his lip (acting more on instinct than purpose) it soon turned into something more explosive and passionate. He backed her into his car. Her fingers dug into his hair and his hands crept up her shirt, over warm skin. She moaned softly into his mouth and his arms tightened around her as he tried to bring their bodies even closer together.

“Min-Kyung.” She whispered when his lips dragged down . “Il se sent bien…

“What did you say?” He murmured against her skin.

“I…” she paused. A burst of pleasure shot through her as he nibbled on . “I said—”

He moved to another area of her neck and bit and . “What?”

“‘It feels good’…”

With a slight curse, Min pulled his lips away from her skin and pressed his forehead against hers. If he didn’t stop then, something he wasn’t sure she was ready for would’ve happened in that parking lot. And that wasn’t where he wanted it to be. He waited until he’d gotten a hold of his feelings before he spoke.

“We should probably get inside…” he whispered.

She nodded. She was breathing just as heavily as he was.

They stayed where they were for another minute but he finally pushed himself away from her and grabbed her hand. He led her up to their floor and stopped in front of her room.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” He said.

“Okay. But wait.”

“What is it?”

She stood up on his tiptoes and kissed him quickly on the mouth.

“See you.” She said and dashed into her room. She touched her swollen lips with her fingertips and smiled.

Min stared at her door and grinned himself silly. He touched the wood and swore he could feel a connection to her.

“Yeah.” He murmured. “See you.”


Finally! The kiss! Yaaayy!!

Sorry for not updating in two weeks, guys. I've been busy with school and sleepovers and a bunch of other things I was coerced into... >.> But anyway, I hope I get another chance to update soon! 

Comment, vote, whatever. Let me know what you thought about the chapter! Much love to subscribers new and old!

Oh, and before I forget "Pyobeom" means "leopard".  And, because I can...

  

I don't own any of these gifs, but dammit Jay you are such a handsome devil. *-*