Chapter 2

Unrequited Love

Chapter 2

 

 

“If there is no question, then I will adjourn the meeting now. Thank you for your attendance today. I believe we will have more opportunities to work together in the future.” Taeyeon said to the shareholders while shaking their hands.

 

Soon, the room was filled with silence again. Even though there were still three people remaining in the room, two of them were staring sternly at an oblivious person who was busy arranging the papers.

 

“Three hours had finally passed.” She thought.

 

After stacking the papers up, she held them in her arm and prepared to leave the room but was stopped instantly by two tall figures that were now standing in front of her, blocking her way out.

 

“Where do you think you’re going?” One of them asked.

 

Taeyeon saw this coming but she did not know it would be this soon. She knew these two giraffes would not let her get away so easily. Usually she would just squeeze her way out through the spaces between the two tall bodies but today they were standing so close to each other and there was no space left. She knew she was in trouble.

 

“Umm… my office? Ha.” She faked a laugh when she noticed that the two giraffes were walking closer and closer to her. She had no choice but to stumble backwards.

 

“Okay, okay. I’m sorry. Stop, stop.” Taeyeon quickly apologized before one of them landed her hand on her.

 

“Sorry? Well, your apology is not accepted. Do you know how long we had been waiting for you? Fortunately, I was able to come up with a reason or else you would be dead meat right now!” One of them frowned and said to Taeyeon.

 

“Yeah, you’re lucky they bought it. I knew you would be able to handle this situation and you did it so well! Thank you so much! Let’s see, should I give you a promotion, Sooyoung?”

 

“No, thanks. This will be the last time I’m helping you. I swear.”

 

“You said that too last time.” Taeyeon giggled after hearing what her friend said.

 

Sooyoung gave her a fake punch. “I really regretted for saving you.”

 

“Taeyeon unnie, I think you really shouldn’t be late to the meeting today. Do you know how nervous Sooyoung unnie was when she couldn’t think of a reason to back you up? If I’m not mistaken, you were staying up the whole night reading the proposals that you asked everyone to send in to you yesterday, am I right?” Another tall figure spoke after seeing their reactions.

 

“Yoona, I can’t believe you knew me so well. No wait, did you place a CCTV in my house last night? How did you know?”

 

“I knew it when I saw you carrying everything to your car yesterday. Have you forgotten or do I have to remind you again that it’s not necessary to read it all in one night? I insist you to promise me that you will not do this again.”

 

Taeyeon had to give in. “Okay, okay. I promise you I will not force myself to stay up all night for this again. Happy now?”

 

Yoona smiled at her. “Remember your promise, Taeyeon unnie. I bet you’ve forgotten another important thing again.”

 

Taeyeon raised her eyebrow. “What is it?”

 

“Your breakfast.”

 

xxx

 

The bus finally stopped in front of a huge company and Tiffany alighted from the bus. She entered the company and went to the information counter.

 

“Excuse me, I’m here for the interview. Where should I go?” Tiffany asked the receptionist.

 

“Oh, it’s on the 6th floor and there will be people showing you the way to the room.”

 

“Okay, thank you.”

 

Tiffany quickened her pace to the elevator. She was so nervous that she hoped the door would never open. For what it seemed like forever, the door of the elevator finally opened. She walked into the elevator without looking up. That was what she regretted the most. She bumped into someone accidentally and dropped everything in her arm to the ground. She was shocked when she saw the person who she bumped into sitting on the floor. Once again, she mentally scolded herself for being so clumsy and careless.

 

“Taeyeon unnie, are you okay?” Tiffany heard one of them asking that unlucky girl while helping her up. Another one of them was picking up the stuff that Tiffany dropped.

 

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry. It’s okay I can pick all this up by myself. Are you hurt anywhere?” Tiffany asked her in a worried voice.

 

Taeyeon lifted her head up and was going to scold Tiffany but her anger faded as soon as she looked into Tiffany’s concerned eyes.

 

“Are y-you o-okay? I-I’m really s-sorry--” Tiffany apologized quickly when she caught the girl staring at her for a good few seconds. She must be really angry at me, what do I do now?

 

Taeyeon was quite embarrassed when she found herself staring into a stranger’s orbs and immediately looked away when the stranger spoke.

 

“I’m alright. It’s okay. Just look up when you’re entering the elevator next time.” That was all Taeyeon managed to say and she just left the elevator with another two of her friend without looking back.

 

After picking up everything that she dropped on the floor, Tiffany heaved a long sigh.

 

“Aish, what’s wrong with you today, Tiffany?” She thought as she could feel the elevator going up.

 

xxx

 

The three friends walked into the cafeteria and ordered their food. They sat down after they found three available seats.

 

“Seohyun might get mad at me when I go home later. I didn’t mean to forget to bring the breakfast that she packed for me. She really hates it when I skip my meals especially my breakfast.” Taeyeon said.

 

“You deserve to get scolded sometimes, midget. It’s because you always skip your breakfast that’s why you never grow.” Sooyoung proudly said to Taeyeon.

 

 Yoona laughed after hearing Sooyoung’s statement.

 

“Don’t call me a midget. Stop making fun of me, you have no idea how much I love my height now.  And I did not stop growing because I skipped my meals. It was because you both ate half of what I was supposed to have for lunch during high school! It was all your fault, in case you haven’t noticed.”

 

“Taeyeon unnie, it was because you offered us your food so we ate it. We thought you couldn’t finish it. Sooyoung unnie, how could she say this to us? She was the one that offered us her lunch.” Yoona protested.

 

“Well, yes, but it did not mean that you both could finish up my lunch when I excused myself to the washroom. I had to starve myself until the school was over, you would never understand how I really felt.” Taeyeon made a sad face and three of them burst into laughter.

 

They were having fun chatting with each other while enjoying the food until Yoona suddenly had a serious face on and brought up an unexpected question. “Taeyeon unnie, do you know the girl that was in the elevator just now?”

 

“No.” Even though I would love to know her.

 

“Then tell me why you were staring at her just now.” Sooyoung said.

 

They saw it?

 

 “I didn’t stare at her, she just happened to stand in front of me and I was about to scold her but I decided not to do so because I thought it would be quite rude to someone who I just met and--”

 

“Whoa, hey, hey. Catch your breath first. Now I know why you were staring so intensely at her just now. You don’t have to explain so much, you know? Don’t be nervous, it’s okay to admit it in front of both of us. This kind of feeling doesn’t just come and go by itself, it happens on the right person at the right place at the right time.” Sooyoung slowly explained while taking Taeyeon’s sandwich from her plate.

 

“What are you talking about, Sooyoung?”

 

Yoona could not stand Taeyeon’s bluntness. “Aish, Taeyeon unnie, sometimes you’re really slow at catching up. It means you have fallen in love with someone at first sight.”

 

---

 

A/N:

 

New update! (:

Taeyeon and Tiffany finally met! :D

Hmm.. I wonder what Taeyeon really felt.

I will try to update soon.

In the meantime, just bear with me. (:

Thanks for reading!

 

Much love,

xoxo