Chapter 3

Unrequited Love

Chapter 3

 

 

The door finally opened.

 

Tiffany walked out of the elevator and greeted the people that passed by her.

 

“Excuse me, miss. I’m here for the interview--”

 

“Go straight and turn left.” The lady said impatiently. Tiffany smiled and thanked her.

 

There were already a few people waiting there in the room. Before taking a seat next to the windows, she took a quick glance at everyone and bowed to them. Fortunately, the interview had not started yet which meant she could still have some time to read the novel which she bought two weeks ago and never had a chance to read.

 

After half an hour, she heard some footsteps entering the room she was in. Before she could take a good look at the people who just came in, she realized suddenly everyone around her stood up and bowed. She quickly did the same thing even though she had no clue why she did so. She did not even get to see the face of the person that she was bowing to. She was way too immersed in her book.

 

“What happened? Who did we bow to just now?” Tiffany asked the person next to her after both of them sat down.

 

“The boss of the company. You didn’t know?” Tiffany shook her head. “She will be one of the interviewers today, what position are you applying for?”

 

“Secretary.” Tiffany replied.

 

“Oh, good luck then! By the way, I’m Sunny and I’m applying for secretary too! Nice to meet you.”

 

“Hey, thanks. I’m Tiffany, good to see you too.” Tiffany smiled.

 

“You have beautiful eyes, has anyone ever told you that?” Sunny said.

 

“Thanks for the compliment, well not really. No one would actually want to notice it I guess? They just never bother to do so?” Tiffany replied in a humble tone.

 

“Oh, you’re just too down-to-earth. The interview has started, I’m the first person to go in. Oh, the girl over there is calling me over, I had better get going now. I’ll see you later!” Sunny bid Tiffany farewell and entered the room.

 

xxx

 

Now, the three of them were heading to the interview room. They were the interviewers today. When they reached the room, everyone in the room stood up and greeted them. They just merely nodded but only one of them caught Taeyeon’s attention.

 

“Is she here for the interview too? Well, obviously.” Taeyeon giggled at her thought as she walked into the room.

 

After taking their seats in the room, Yoona quickly turned her face to Taeyeon. “Unnie, she’s here. Your love-at-first-sight girl is here. Oh wait, where’s her resume? Ah, here it is! Unnie, her name is Tiffany.”

 

“Im Yoona, how many times do I have to tell you that I don’t believe in those things and I already--”

 

“You smiled after you saw her just now. Don’t think I don’t know.” Sooyoung cut her off and pointed her finger at Taeyeon.

 

*Flashback*

 

“Aish, Taeyeon unnie, sometimes you’re really slow at catching up. It means you have fallen in love with someone at first sight.”

 

Taeyeon shook her head. “I don’t believe in those things so both of you please stop making these stupid guesses.”

 

“I’m being serious, Kim Taeyeon. If you’re really interested in her, why not give it a try? You’ve rejected so many people in the past three years and I totally understand because you had no interest in any of them. Now you can finally lay your eyes on someone, do you really want to let her slip off your fingertips?”

 

“I agree with Sooyoung unnie. Seriously, Taeyeon unnie, there were so many people regardless guys or girls that attempted to ask you out in the past few years but you just ignored them. Don’t you feel curious about love? Don’t you have, umm you know, that kind of lust?” Yoona raised her eyebrow and asked Taeyeon curiously.

 

Taeyeon shot her a glare. Yoona just put out her tongue.

 

“I already have that special someone deep inside my heart. And I don’t think I need to have the lust that you were talking about. Okay, maybe I do but still it doesn’t mean that I’m interested in her.”

 

“But--”

 

Taeyeon cut Yoona off before she could finish her sentence. “I think we have to go to the interview room now. I want to finish it earlier. I have too many documents to go over today.”

 

Taeyeon got up from her seat and left the cafeteria. Yoona and Sooyoung looked at each other and let out a sigh simultaneously. Both of them then followed Taeyeon to the elevator.

 

*End of flashback*

 

“Taeyeon, let’s see what will happen to you when she comes in later.” Sooyoung winked at Taeyeon.

 

“Whatever.” Taeyeon said while rolling her eyes.

 

xxx

 

Tiffany got really nervous when she realized that everyone in the room had already gone in for their interview except for her. She was the only one left now.

 

“It’s your turn to go in now, Miss Hwang.” A lady who was in-charge of the interviewee order said to Tiffany.

 

Tiffany nodded and turned the door knob. She bowed and greeted the three interviewers right after the door was opened. When she looked up, her mind went completely blank. She felt as if she was rooted to the ground. She could not move her body at all.

 

“Excuse me, are you coming in?” The tallest of the three spoke.

 

“Oh, yes, sorry.” Tiffany went in and took a seat on the chair that was placed right in the middle of the room. She was sitting right in front of the person that she was unwilling to see the most today.

 

I can’t believe I’m seeing her again. Oh god.

 

“Before we begin, I would like to introduce the three of us to you. I’m Sooyoung, the CIO of the company. She is Kim Taeyeon, the CEO and she is Im Yoona, the CCO. Now please briefly introduce yourself.”

 

Wait.. she’s the what? Oh god, kudos Tiffany, for bumping into her.

 

She could feel Taeyeon’s eyes have never left her since the moment she stepped into the room. She quickly looked away when she accidentally made eye contact with Taeyeon.

 

“Now please briefly introduce yourself.” Sooyoung repeated when Tiffany remained silent.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry. My name is Tiffany Hwang. I’m 23 years old. I just graduated from Velmont Secretarial College. Even though I have not had any working experience as a secretary, I am willing to learn and will promise to always do my best.” Tiffany replied and smiled nervously at Sooyoung.

 

xxx

 

The interview finally ended after 10 minutes. Tiffany thought she did quite well in the interview even though she was feeling a little uncomfortable. The interview went smoother than she expected. She noticed one thing too. Taeyeon had been keeping quiet for all this while during the interview.

 

“Thank you very much, Miss Hwang. We will contact you in three days if you’re hired.” Yoona said politely to Tiffany.

 

All of them stood up and were going to exit the room when suddenly someone spoke up.

 

“Wait. Yoona and Sooyoung, you can go first. I need her to stay here for a while.” Taeyeon said.

 

Her? No, it couldn’t be me, right? Right?

 

Sooyoung and Yoona were shocked at the request but decided to obey her. Both of them nodded and exited the room together.

 

Now, Taeyeon and Tiffany were the only ones left in the room.

 

---

 

A/N:

 

Hey peeps :D

Too much Taeny?

Don't worry, Taengsic will certainly get their fair share of moments later on. XD

To be honest, I can't choose between Taengsic and Taeny.

If I have to choose.. no, please don't make me choose. T.T

I am a huge Taenysic shipper. <3

Thanks for reading!

 

Much love,

xoxo