Chapter 4

Unrequited Love

Chapter 4

 

 

Tiffany was standing by the door and Taeyeon was standing across from her. They were both looking down, trying their best to avoid any possible eye contact with each other. Silence filled the room since none of them intended to speak first.

 

“Should I wait for her to speak? Or should I start the conversation first?” Tiffany thought as she was waiting for Taeyeon to say something to her.

 

When Tiffany couldn’t bear with the situation any longer, she decided to break the silence. “Umm, Miss Kim--” She then stopped talking when Taeyeon suddenly went closer to her. Her muscles were tensed up.

 

Tiffany calmed down a little when she realized that Taeyeon was just closing the door. The thing was, Taeyeon even locked the door to prevent anyone from entering the room. This bothered Tiffany a lot.

 

When Taeyeon finally turned to face her, she opened again. “Miss Kim, if you want me to apologize for the incident just n--”

 

“Shhh..”

 

Before Tiffany could finish her sentence, Taeyeon placed her two fingers on Tiffany’s lips to silence her from speaking any further . Then, Taeyeon slowly moved towards Tiffany. Tiffany stumbled backwards and stopped moving when her back hit the wall. Taeyeon put one of her hands on the wall to support herself and also, just in case, Tiffany ran away.

 

“Don’t say anything.” Taeyeon said in a low voice. Her fingers still did not leave Tiffany’s beautiful lips.

 

xxx

 

Taeyeon went back to her office. She was welcomed by two tall figures that seemed to be waiting for her since their departure from the room just now. She did not bother to look at them and just started reading some documents that were placed on her table after she settled down on her chair. Sooyoung and Yoona were watching Taeyeon carefully.

 

She was really uncomfortable with their unstoppable gaze. Finally, she decided to lift her head up and spoke to them. “Are you both done gawking at me? Do you both have no work to do today? If you don’t, I have something for you to do and the due date will be tomorrow.”

 

“Taeyeon, what did you do with Tiffany in the room just now?” Sooyoung frowned and said in a deep voice.

 

“Nothing that’s on your list. Just go out already. Can’t you see I’m a little busy here?” Taeyeon replied without looking up.

 

“Taeyeon unnie, tell us what you did in there just now. We’ll leave if you tell us.” Yoona said.

 

Taeyeon stopped whatever she was doing and stared at the two of them.

 

“We were just talking. Nothing big happened. The end.” Taeyeon said.

 

“What did you talk about? You asked her out?” Sooyoung now stood beside Taeyeon, waiting for her reply.

 

“It doesn’t matter. And I’m going to kick you out of here if you don’t go out now. Literally.” Taeyeon answered in a harsh tone.

 

“Okay, okay, we’re walking out now.” Sooyoung said while going towards the door.

 

“Taeyeon unnie, do you want to have dinner with us today? It’s been a long time since the three of us spent some time together.” Yoona asked before they left.

 

“No, let’s go on the other day. Seohyun is cooking tonight.”

 

The two of them just nodded and then closed the door. Leaving the busy person alone in her office.

 

xxx

 

“I’m home!” A loud voice echoed in the house.

 

“Noona! How was the interview today?” Minki asked in a cheerful tone.

 

“I passed it. Can you believe it? Your sister passed the interview!” Tiffany laughed and her eyes turned into the crescent form again while clapping loudly.

 

“Let’s celebrate then! Daddy, noona got a job…” Minki’s voice faded slowly as he ran to their father’s room on the second floor.

 

Tiffany smiled and entered her own room as well. She threw herself on her twin size bed right after she went in.

 

“I miss you so much, my bed! Thanks for bringing me luck today!” Tiffany said while rolling on her bed happily.

 

Suddenly, she sat up on her bed frowning. Something popped up in her mind.

 

“Don’t say anything.” Taeyeon said in a low voice. Her fingers still did not leave Tiffany’s beautiful lips.

 

Both Taeyeon and Tiffany were standing in a very awkward position right now. Tiffany could not even look into Taeyeon’s eyes. Taeyeon continued staring at her from her orbs, to her nose and finally, to her lips. She then moved her fingers away from Tiffany’s lips and looked back into Tiffany’s eyes. As their distance between each other began decreasing, Tiffany was nervous and felt as if her heart was throbbing out of her chest.

 

“Now listen to me. I’m going to hire you. As my secretary.” Taeyeon whispered.

 

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon and widened her eyes in shock. She thought she had heard it wrong.  As soon as she realized she had stared into Taeyeon’s eyes for too long, she quickly looked away.

 

“Look at me.” Taeyeon suddenly said.

 

Her guilt did not allow her to do so.

 

“I said look at me.” Taeyeon repeated.

 

Slowly, Tiffany lifted her head up and met Taeyeon’s gaze. She wanted to look away again but Taeyeon prevented her from doing so by holding her cheeks in her hands, forcing Tiffany to face her.

 

“Are you afraid of me?” Taeyeon asked.

 

She continued when she received no response from Tiffany. “You shouldn’t be, at least from now on. If you feel guilty about what happened earlier, don’t. I will forget about it. Now, the only thing that I’m going to ask from you is to be able to look at me directly, do you understand?”

 

Tiffany nodded as she felt herself relaxed a little after hearing Taeyeon’s soft voice. Then, Taeyeon released her and moved a step back.

 

Tiffany spoke up when Taeyeon was about to leave the room. “Umm..”

 

“You can start working from tomorrow onwards. See you tomorrow and… bye.” Taeyeon cut her off before she could continue.

 

Then, Taeyeon walked out of the room.

 

Tiffany was still standing there. Dumbfounded by what just happened. She was surprised that Taeyeon knew what she was going to ask.

 

“She’s hiring me. Me. Who has no experience. Who just graduated. As her secretary. The CEO’s secretary.” Tiffany said, particularly to no one since she was alone in her room.

 

This is ridiculous.

 

“Hmm.. she’s quite attractive to be honest. Should I brag to everyone about that? Probably not. Everyone might think I’m a freak. Ha.”

 

Tiffany then lay down, slowly drifting off to sleep after a long day.

 

---

 

A/N:

 

Hey peeps! :D

Sorry for taking so long to update this.

I just finished my midterm and things are going to get more hectic than before.

So.. what do you think about this chapter?

What did Taeyeon really feel?

Why was she doing this to Tiffany? (:

Leave a comment, I'd appreciate your comment very much! :D

I'll try to update this as soon as possible.

Thanks for reading!

 

Much love,

xoxo