Chapter 5

Unrequited Love

Chapter 5

 

 

There she was. Standing in front of a company that she has always dreamt of working at. She was so amazed by the scene in front of her. The best part was, the CEO of the company hired her. She could not get any luckier than this for a fresh graduate.

 

“Am I really becoming one of the staffs here? I’m not dreaming now, am I? No. This is way too real to be a dream. I got accepted into the Kim’s Enterprise! Yayyyyyyy!” Although it was not her original intention, all the pedestrians that passed by gave her a weird look and she got to receive all the attention mostly because of her loud and husky voice.

 

Tiffany then proceeded making her entrance into the company. Later then she realized she had no idea where the CEO’s office was. She started to get nervous because she would be considered late after 5 minutes.

 

I’m so dead.

 

“Hi there, Miss Hwang.”

 

Tiffany abruptly turned to face the owner of the voice. Her face was familiar. She was so tall and pretty, one would never forget.

 

“Hello, Miss Im. Nice to see you here.” Tiffany showed her eye smile while greeting her back.

 

“Just call me Yoona please. I’m a year younger than you, Miss Hwang. Ha. Anyway, what are you doing here? Are you going to meet someone here?” Yoona asked.

 

“Ha, alright, Yoona. You can just call me Tiffany too. Well, actually I was told to start working here from today onwards.. but I’m kinda lost here. I wonder if you could help me out..” Tiffany smiled in an awkward manner.

 

“Who hired you?” Yoona raised her eyebrow.

 

“Umm, you know, the person who I bumped into..” Tiffany said in a low voice. She was embarrassed by her own clumsiness.

 

Yoona blinked in surprise. So, Taeyeon unnie hired her. When did Taeyeon unnie hire her? Yesterday? Oh, I should’ve known.

 

“Umm, Yoona? Are you busy? It’s okay then, I can explore..”

 

Tiffany spoke up when she did not get a response from Yoona but was cut off before she could finish.

 

“Oh, no I’m not busy. Sure, I can bring you there since I’m going to Taeyeon unnie’s office now too. Ahh, let’s go now.” Yoona smiled and led Tiffany into the elevator.

 

Xxx

 

Being all alone in her office, she sighed when she saw the piles of documents on her desk. The documents made her heart ache. She did not hate them, she just loathed the feeling of being busy the whole day. The busier she was, the more she would recall the memories four years ago when she was still her entire world, her everything…still her special someone. She hated her so much. There was not a single day passed without thinking of her.

 

If it wasn’t for her, she wouldn’t be trying so hard to fight for her current position in the company. She.. was always the reason.

 

*Flashback*

 

“Why? Why are you doing this to me?”

 

“Taeyeon, I’m not worth your time and your love. You should fight for your future, not me. Forget about me.”

 

She wiped away her tears, waiting for Taeyeon to say something to her. It seemed like forever when Taeyeon finally spoke up.

 

“I don’t understand at all. I don’t get YOU at all. My future is you. That’s all I know.”

 

“No, Taeyeon. You’re wrong. I see no future in us. Trust me, the busier you are, the easier it is for you to forget about someone. Sorry, Taeyeon. You can hate me all you want. Goodbye.”

 

No matter how much she wished to hold her love’s wrist and stop her from walking away, she couldn’t.

 

Seeing her love’s back slowly disappeared from her eye sight, her tears burst out because it would mean that her love had already walked out of her life.

 

*End of Flashback*

 

Tears were already formed in her eyes. She did not realize.

 

A person came in.

 

“Yo, still alright, midget?”

 

No response. A friend should always know when to interrupt a friend’s thoughts.

 

Sooyoung knew her short friend was thinking about her again. She would interrupt her. She had to.

 

 “Are you busy today? Let’s have lunch..ouch!” Sooyoung yelped in pain. Her forehead was hit by Taeyeon’s knuckles.

 

“Told ya to knock before you come in, have you forgotten about it again?”

 

“Aishh, what’s wrong with you? Okay, I’m so not sorry for not knocking, I was just too excited to tell you something! And it really hurts!” Sooyoung kept rubbing the red spot on her forehead while showing Taeyeon her annoyed face.

 

Taeyeon giggled when she saw Sooyoung’s expression. Actually, she mentally thanked Sooyoung for interrupting her thoughts. “Seriously, your expression is too funny. Alright, you were saying?”

 

“Let’s have lunch together at the new Italian restaurant opposite the company today, I heard that their food is super delicious!” Sooyoung said excitedly.

 

“Alright, see you later. I will call Yoona later.” The older woman replied.

 

*Knock knock*

 

A few knocks on the door were heard. Both of them looked at the two people who were standing at the entrance.

 

“Taeyeon unnie!” Yoona walked comfortably into the office, leaving the new staff alone standing by the door.

 

“Good morning.” Tiffany greeted both of her superiors and bowed to them.

 

Sooyoung gasped a little at the sight and moved her attention to the person next to her.

 

“Unnie, what’s that that you wanted to tell me?” Yoona asked the oldest.

 

The oldest was just staring at the person who just bowed at them. Tiffany was looking at the ground, waiting for her superior’s command.

 

“Taeyeon un..nie?”

 

The oldest reluctantly looked away from Tiffany and replied Yoona, “Sooyoung will tell you about that. Sooyoung, see ya later.”

 

Sooyoung knew very well what that meant. Therefore she dragged Yoona out of the office with her. Before Sooyoung and Yoona left, they smiled at Tiffany and she returned the smile.

 

“Come in,” Taeyeon said to Tiffany.

 

Tiffany did as she was told. Unexpectedly, Taeyeon stood up from her chair and started walking towards Tiffany. Tiffany stumbled backwards when she realized Taeyeon was slowly getting closer to her. Just then, she felt a grip on both of her arms.

 

“Why.. are you still scared of me?” Taeyeon whispered to Tiffany.

 

“I’m.. not.” Tiffany replied weakly.

 

“You are, you did not dare to look me in the eyes. You were looking at the ground the whole time, don’t think I did not notice that. Even now, you’re still not looking at me while you’re talking.”

 

Tiffany was speechless. She opened to say something but no words came out.

“What are you thinking about? Tell me.” Taeyeon said softly when she felt Tiffany’s body stiffened.

 

“I.. What do you want?” Tiffany braved herself to ask that question. She could not believe that this sentence, was capable of draining out all her courage.

 

Taeyeon flinched a little at first, then it became a smirk. “I want you to open up to me.”

 

Tiffany raised her eyebrow and finally looked at the latter in the eyes. “Why?”

 

With that, Taeyeon took another step forward and held Tiffany's arms. Tiffany quickly looked down and was about to move backwards but Taeyeon was much stronger.

 

Tiffany was almost out of breath when she noticed that Taeyeon’s face was dangerously close to hers. She could feel Taeyeon’s hot breath on her lips. She instantly felt.. weak. She pursed her lips and closed her eyes.

 

“Because we’re working in the same building now. No other reasons.” Taeyeon whispered into her ear.

 

Embarrassed, she immediately opened her eyes and all she could see was a smirking Taeyeon.

 

What does she really want?

 

Taeyeon released her grip and returned to her chair and desk. “I’m pretty sure you’re all heated up now. I feel cold, go get me a hot coffee. Less sugar.” She said without looking up at her pretending as if she was busy reading through all the documents on her table.

 

“Yes, Miss Kim.”

 

“Call me Taeyeon. Drop the formal tone.” Still, Taeyeon did not lift her head up.

 

“Yes, Taeyeon.”

 

Tiffany heaved a sigh after closing the door behind her. Her heart was racing. She closed her eyes.

 

Breathe in, breathe out.

 

She really could not get Taeyeon at all.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What are you, Kim Taeyeon?

 

--

 

A/N:

 

Hey peeps!

Sorry for being late ><

I was busy with my university work and stuff :/

I guess now I will try to update more often, yeah? XD

Do you miss me? HAHA. Guess not.

Till next chapter ~ 

Thanks for reading!

 

p/s: Don't worry. It's either Taeny or Taengsic only. I don't write Jeti. (:

 

Much love,

xoxo