Chapter 1

Unrequited Love

Chapter 1

 

 

The radiant sun hung in the sapphire blue sky. The birds’ chirping and the whistling breeze formed a beautiful morning tune. Dappled rays of the sun filtered through the cluster of leaves. Soon, the first rays of the morning sun sneaked its way into the darkened bedroom. In the room, loud snores could be constantly heard. A short figure that was still sleeping comfortably on the bed was slowly enveloped by the gentle warmth of the sun. Despite the heat of the sun, she was too immersed in her slumber to notice it. The deafening sound of the alarm clock which was placed right next to her bed did not seem to work on her too. After a brief while, a few knocks on the door and a female’s voice could be heard.

 

 

“Taeyeon unnie, it’s already a quarter to nine.” The voice said.

 

No response.

 

“Taeyeon unnie, it’s time to wake up.”

 

This made her stir a little.

 

“Taeyeon unnie, if you don’t get up now, I’m going to enter your room. On the count to three, one, two--”

 

Wow, this girl. She sure knows my weakness.

 

“Alright, alright. Stop counting, Seohyun. I’m getting up now, can’t you just let your sis sleep a little longer? Do you really have to go this far? Seriously, are you really going to invade my personal space? ”

 

“Yes, I think you shouldn’t be doing any talking now. Look at the time. You still have to go to work.”

 

With a groan, she slammed her hands on her alarm clock, silencing the irritating beeping. Reluctantly, she took a good look at the clock.

 

08:45A.M. Her eyes widened.

 

“ Seohyun-ah, why did you not tell me it’s already a quarter to nine?! Oh my god,” she shouted. Then, she quickly got off her bed and half-ran to the bathroom. She had no choice but to speed up what she was doing, even if it meant not clean.

 

“I did, unnie! You just didn’t hear me earlier. I’m going to pack your breakfast for you.”

 

Taeyeon heard her younger sister walking down the stairs while she was frantically buttoned up her shirt and zipped up her pants.

 

I’m so dead.

 

Taeyeon was not usually like this. She was a morning person, an early bird in the office. If it was not for the proposals that were sent in by the heads of the each department yesterday, she wouldn’t choose to stay up in the middle of the night and read all of it in one go. She remembered the time when she last took a glance of the clock before she went to bed was 5.51A.M. Now, she regretted for being awake all night just to finish reading the two stacks of proposals. After she adjusted her attire, she dashed out of the room and headed to the garage.

 

Gee gee gee gee, baby baby baby baby...

 

Her cellphone rang while she was on her way to the company. She picked it up right after she saw who the caller was and held her cellphone 2 inches away from her ear, just to prevent her from becoming deaf.

 

“Yah, Kim Taeyeon! What time is it now? Where the hell are you? Did you wake up late again? Don’t tell me --” The caller shouted loudly at Taeyeon over the phone.

 

Before the caller could continue, Taeyeon cut her off.

 

“Whoa Choi Sooyoung, please calm down. Why did you raise your voice at me? Have you forgotten I’m your superior? Is this the way you talk to your boss?”

 

“Yeah, this is the way I talk when everyone is waiting so impatiently in the conference room here for you! How do you expect me to calm down?! The meeting today is very important. The shareholders are here so you’d better get your here now! I don’t know how much longer they will be able to wait for you, my dearest Miss CEO.”

 

“You can handle them on your own first I’m stuck in the traffic jam here I will be there in ten minutes and before I hang up I would like to say being your childhood friend and superior at the same time is definitely not easy, I love you, bye!”

 

“Yah! I can’t handle --”

 

Taeyeon hung up immediately before she could hear what Sooyoung was about to say. She believed her friend would do well despite her absence. She was relieved that she didn’t have to suffer her friend’s deafening voice any more although deep down in her heart she felt guilty for being such a badass to her friend.

 

xxx

 

After she parked her car, she went in the elevator hoping that she would reach there just in time. She opened the door and stepped into the room. Everyone in the room stood up and greeted her. She just nodded and motioned all of them to sit down. Right after she took her seat at the front, she could feel the piercing stare from someone on her right. She pretended not to notice it as she remained expressionless.

 

“Miss Kim, thank you for being able to attend this meeting even though you had just arrived. Miss Choi told us the plane got delayed so you were late, don’t worry, it’s alright since you’re always a busy person. We really do appreciate your professionalism.” One of the shareholders said to Taeyeon.

 

The plane? As expected, Sooyoung. Good job.

 

She smiled. “Thank you, Mr. Lee. Now let’s begin, shall we?”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Ah, I feel so fresh in the morning! Okay, it’s time for another interview! Let’s see what I’ve left behind...”

 

“Noona, you resume is here!” A boy’s voice could be heard from the house.

 

She mentally hit her head for being so careless.

 

“Oh my god, thank you, Minki-ah. Now, will you wish me luck, my cute little brother?” She smiled and hugged her brother. Her eyes turned into crescent when she smiled.

 

“Aish, noona. Stop treating me like a kid please, I’m 17 already. Don’t call me cute. Anyway, good luck for today! I really hope they will hire you so I will not see you wandering around the house and eavesdropping whenever I’m on the phone or disturbing me while I’m doing my revision. Bye!” Afraid of the possibility of getting a smack on his arm, he ran back into the house and turned to face her while making a face before he locked the door.

 

She giggled after seeing her brother’s reaction. Still a kid.

 

“Hopefully I will not get rejected again, I really need this job. Tiffany, fighting!” She murmured to herself.

 

She then walked to the nearest bus stop and waited for the bus arrival.

 

---

 

A/N:

 

This is my first fic. So, how was the first chapter? :D

I have a room of improvement and hopefully, I will be able to do better in the future.

Please look forward to it. (:

Thanks for reading!

 

Much love,

xoxo