The fair.

Snowmen.

 

The lights were bright against the inky sky as the couple approached the funfair. Yesung immediately pulled Wook to the candyfloss booth and they bought two of the puffy pink clouds. Eating happily, they went to the rollercoaster. 
"No" Wook whispered. "That's scary." He pulled gently against Yesung's hand and the older boy stopped.
"It's okay, I'll be with you." 
"But Yesung, it's so high. What if we fell?"
"We won't fall, you get strapped in. And I'll hold your hand."
"For the whole ride?"
"For the whole night" Yesung said with a soft tone. "Wook, I won't let anything bad happen."
 
They walked to the rollercoaster and were strapped into the seats. Ryeowook felt his heart pounding in his chest and he tightened his grip on his boyfriend's hand. His boyfriend, he repeated to himself, the words tasting good on his tongue like the soft candyfloss.
He tried to take deep breaths, to steady himself but the fear was making him tremble. Yesung felt the shakes and saw the boy turning green. He lifted the protecting barrier from the boy's shoulders and led him off. 
"I'm sorry, you wanted to go on the ride..."
"Don't be sorry, it's fine. We can go on the other rides instead. I wouldn't have enjoyed it if you had just hated it and felt ill." He smiled comfortingly at his boyfriend and hugged him close. Snuggling into the warm fabric, Wook could feel his heart returning to it's normal pace. Closing his eyes, he wanted the moment to last forever.
 
As they went to the ferris wheel, Yesung looked at Wook carefully to see if he was okay with it. He didn't want the boy to agree just to make Yesung happy, he wanted Wook to enjoy the fair too. But Wook's face lit up as he looked at the ferris wheel, and he pulled Yesung gently towards it. 
"Are you sure Wook? It's going to go higher than the rollercoaster.."
"It's okay because this ride is nice and slow."
They settled into the seats, and Yesung felt the bite of the cold air. He put an arm around Ryeowook's shoulder and kissed him gently. The younger boy kissed back as they were lifted up into the sky. Clinging to Yesung's sleeve, Wook poked his head over the side and looked down at the rides as they grew smaller and smaller. "We're so high."
"It's okay, I won't let you fall."
Wook shyly snuggled into Yesung's side as the wind picked up and the carriage began to rock slightly. Suddenly the carriage shuddered and stopped moving.
 
"We're right at the top, it's so high" came Wook's tiny whisper. "Is it broken?" He felt pathetic for being so scared, but the older man cradled him gently. 
"I'm sure it'll be just for a minute. Don't be scared. If we were to fall, we'd probably be killed instantly so at least you don't have to worry about pain."
When Wook looked up in horror, he laughed loudly. "I was just kidding."
 
Wook held tight to his hand and squeezed it. He had wanted to plan a day with Yesung where they could talk all day and be able to relax, but he hadn't realised that he would be so shy to say the things he wanted to.
Biting his lip nervously, he looked at Yesung. The older boy was staring out at the stars, his eyes glowing in the soft light. 
"If you could be any animal, what would you be?" he asked, his deep voice loud in the silence. 
Wook smiled. "A giraffe, that would be nice."
"I knew you'd say that. What would you be if you couldn't be a giraffe?"
"Probably a cat." His tone was sad, and Yesung touched his face lightly.
"Hey, don't be sad. What's wrong?"
Wook looked up with big wide eyes. "Yesung, did you say yes to me out of pity?" As he voiced his fear, he felt the tears well up. "Please be honest, I can take the truth."
 
Yesung's mouth dropped open. "What?! Of course not!" He hugged the boy tightly and his hair. "Wook, I love you. It isn't out of pity, or because I feel forced to, it's because you're sweet and perfect and you love me too." He sounded upset too now. "How could you think like that, that I'd lead you on and hurt you? I would never ever hurt you Wook." His tone was gentle and he his boyfriend's cheek lovingly.
 
The younger boy collapsed at the words, his tears pouring from him as he felt the relief course through him. He had felt the worry eating him up inside, at first it was just a small thought that maybe Yesung didn't love him as much as he did. But, by the time they were on the ferris wheel, he was secretly paranoid that the older boy resented him for the date.
Hearing Yesung's words made him realise how much he loved the older boy, and he kissed him, putting his arms around his neck.
 
Yesung kissed back, putting his hands in Wook's hair and kissing back more passionately. They moved together, perfectly in sync, and Yesung massaged his boyfriend's lips with his own. Hugging the boy to his chest, he wiped away the tears that had fallen, and kissed the red cheeks.
 
"I love you forever Wook, I will always love you."
"I love you too hyung, I always have."
 
The ride juddered again before it slowly brought them back to the ground. Snuggled tight together, they walked back to the dorm. Yesung pressed gentle kisses on Wook's head, and the younger boy would squeeze his hand in return.
They stopped at the doorway and kissed again, another deep slow loving kiss. Moving together, there was no sense of rush or urgency. Both boys were savouring the moment, remembering every touch and sensation.
Walking through the door, still kissing, they heard all of the members shouting and cheering. Wook blushed and looked at the floor, but Yesung smiled proudly and pulled the boy closer to him.
"Are you together now?" asked Sungmin gently, as he took a seat on the sofa in front of Kyuhyun who was seated on the floor playing videogames. 
"Yes" said Wook, looking up at Yesung lovingly. But the older boy's gaze was fixed on Sungmin. Min was sitting crosslegged as he looked at Kyu, his eyes full of want for the younger boy. He stretched out a delicate hand, fingers mere millimetres from the silky hair, but then thought better of it and moved his hand away.
Yesung caught Min's eye and sent him a questioning gaze, and the bunny nodded shyly in response. None of the other members had noticed the silent conversation, or even seen Min reach longingly for Kyu.
 
Heading for bed, the couple lay down lightly and kissed again. 
Yesung checked Wook's temperature and felt the heat. 
"Alright, we went to the fair and so now you have to be good and stay in bed."
Wook nodded tinily before closing his eyes from exhaustion. His chest rose and fell rhythmically as he rested in Yesung's arms. But the older boy couldn't sleep, he kept thinking about the pain on Sungmin's face. He closed his eyes gently, and knew that he would help Min any way he could. Drifting asleep, he held Wook tightly. The younger boy's head was resting above his heart, and Yesung knew that the boy could feel the love inside.