Plans

Snowmen.

 

Leeteuk came up the stairs and saw the pair sitting together on the bed, Wook's face buried in Yesung's chest as the older boy looked at him lovingly and soothed his back.
Coughing gently to get their attention, the leader smiled at the couple. "I'm going to go to the shops, do you need anything?" His tone was soft and kind, and he glanced at the medicine and tissues on the table. "Take care of Wook, okay?" he said to Yesung. "I'll be back soon, make sure he stays in bed."
 
As the leader left, Yesung lay Wook down on the bed and kissed his forehead. Happy that the temperature wasn't as high as before, he smiled a little. Wook, however, was close to tears. 
"I planned a whole day" he whispered. "I can't stay in bed."
Yesung brushed the soft hair out of the boy's eyes and squeezed his hand. "Don't worry, we can do it another day. Please don't cry."
Ryeowook sighed deeply. "I wanted it to be today though.." 
"If you get better, then maybe we can do it. What did you have planned?"
Wook's face lit up as he thought about his plans. He had spent a month finding the perfect activities and budgeting so that he could afford it. 
 
Yesung got into bed with him and hugged him under the blankets. "I want to know everything about the day."
The younger boy laughed weakly. "I wanted it to be a surprise. But okay, I'll tell you."
Yesung felt like a small child being told a bedtime story as he listened to Wook talk. The boy's voice was like music, the slight croak gone as he told Yesung of the plans he had.
"First, we'd go for breakfast, at the cafe that you love. It's nice and close, and they have good coffee. And after we'd been there then we can go to the aquarium because it's pretty there and we can talk. I was thinking we could go to see that movie you wanted to see, but you can't talk when you're in the cinema.. So I thought the aquarium would be best, and that way we could visit Ddangkkoma. You haven't seen her this week, so I thought that it would be fun.  And then, we would go to that vietnamese restaurant that Kangin was talking about. You've always liked Vietnamese food, so we could eat together. And at night, there's a funfair nearby for this week."
 
He turned to look at Yesung and saw the small tears in the older boy's eyes. 
"Wook, those are all of the things that I love, you even remembered Kkoma. But have you put any of the things you like into the day?"
Wook blushed scarlet. "I like to be with you.."
Yesung kissed his burning face and put his arms tighter around him. "It's a perfect day, and I'm sure that we can do it once you're well."
"If I get better then can we at least go to the fair? There's only 3 days left..."
"Okay, we'll go. But only if you're better."
Ryeowook suddenly lay very still on the bed, closing his eyes quickly.
"Wook?"
"Sshh, I'm trying to get better."
Yesung laughed happily. "You're too cute." He went to get some more medicine for the younger boy, and smiled as he saw Eunhae posing with the snowmen. "Make sure you don't squish them!" he warned. 
 
Crunching through the snow, he took several pictures of the perfect snow couple. His head was full of Wook's plans, and he felt amazed at how much effort and time his boyfriend had put into showing that he loved him. He wondered how long Wook had loved him in secret and asked him once he was settled at the bed again.
"A few months" said the boy, in between spoonfuls of hot noodle soup. 
"Why me?"
Wook looked down shyly. "You're perfect. The way you close your eyes when you sing, so passionate about it. The way that you care for your pets, and your family, and for us. When I feel sad, everyone hugs me. But your hug means the most. I guess every little thing adds up."
The older boy hugged him tightly. "I feel the same way. When you rest your head on my shoulder, I feel more protective over you than when the other members rest on me. I love how you remember little things about me, and surprise me later, like on birthdays. And for our day you planned, you remembered all of my favourite things and put them together. You're more perfect than I could ever be."
 
They sat together, Yesung gently blowing on the noodles before placing them into Wook's mouth. 
"I was so nervous this morning, when you came running up the stairs. I wasn't sure if you would feel weirded out by me loving you. I was so scared that you would either hit me, or never speak to me again.. I don't know what I would have done if you had hated me."
"I could never hate you Wook. Even if I didn't feel the same way, I would let you down gently." He placed a careful hand on Wook's forehead, and frowned a little when he still felt the heat. 
"Please say we can go."
"What if it makes you really ill? What if it meant you have to stay in bed for a week?"
"I don't care. Please Yesung, I want to show you how much I love you."
"Wook, I can already see how much you love me. You've made the perfect snowmen, and all the beautiful plans. We still spent the day together didn't we? Alright, we can go to the fair. But, you have to wrap up warm, okay? And let me take care of you."
Wook nodded happily, and got up from the bed. He began to put on his jumper and his warm winter coat. 
 
As they both walked together to the door, they were blocked by Leeteuk's arm. But after he saw how warmly dressed they were, and how Wook was pressed safely against Yesung's side, he let them go.
"Have fun at the fair!" he called after them.
"A fair?!" shouted Hae excitedly. "Can we go?"
Leeteuk shook his head gently. "We can go tomorrow Hae. Let them have a night together."
The whole group gathered at the window to watch the couple disappear into the night.