seventh.

Elementary, My Dear Kyungsoo

Ring, ring. Ring, ring. Ring, ri-

"Hello?"

"KYUNGSOO YOU HAVE TO HELP ME OH MY GOODDDDDD."

Kyungsoo pulls the phone away from his ear, wincing at the loud voice. "Joonmyun?"

"YES IT IS I, KIM JOONMYUN THE FABULOUS, BUT RIGHT NOW I HAVE A PROBLEM AND IT'S PRETTY ING UN-FABULOUS."

"Joonmyun, you're burning a hole through my eardrum."

"Oh. Sorry. So two days ago Jongdae taught me how to make grilled cheese sandwiches-"

"How do you not know how to make grilled cheese sandwiches," Kyungsoo deadpans.

"I'm sorry that I'm not good at cooking like you, Miss Kyungsoo. Anyway. Jongdae taught me how to make them and he had to put his hand over mine to show me how to flip over the sandwich and I could feel his hipbones on my and he smelled really good and then we ate dinner together but we didn't talk so it was awkward and I could hear him swallow and everything and he is really y and super nice to me did you know that-"

Kyungsoo cuts in, "Breathe, okay? I don't want you to pass out."

There's a deep breath on the other line and Joonmyun resumes his long explanation. "And it was really awkward and Jongdae is really attractive so I kind of went into my room and I've been in here ever since then and I'm starving but I'm afraid to come out because Jongdae might find some other ways to be attractive again. Yeah."

"...so you've been inside your room for the past two days and you haven't eaten anything or taken a shower and it's all because you're scared of Jongdae being handsome."

"Yup."

Sighing, Kyungsoo says, "Joonmyun, you like Jongdae."

"Whaaaattt, but-"

"It's so obvious, though! You. Like. Kim Jongdae. And he likes you back, so all you have to do is clean yourself up and confess. Easy," Kyungsoo interrupts.

"How is this supposed to be easy," Joonmyun wails.

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes. "First of all, go out of your room and eat something. Then take a shower, brush your teeth, shave and all that good, sanitary stuff because you've been hiding from civilization for two days. What kind of a person ignores their roommate for two days? I bet Jongdae is worried sick!"

"You're right, I should go and apologize," Joonmyun admits on the other line. "Thanks for the help, Kyungsoo. Bye."

Kyungsoo hangs up and groans, head falling forward onto the kitchen table. Thud. "Ow."

"Are you okay?" Jongin asks, poking his head into the room. 

"Nothing," Kyungsoo sighs as Jongin walks over and places a comforting hand on his back. "It's just that Joonmyun is an idiot and I wonder how he'll ever achieve anything in life if he stays this dumb."

 

 

 

Jongdae stares blankly into his full coffee cup, stirring the drink idly with a spoon. Joonmyun has locked himself in his room for two days, ever since the grilled cheese incident, and now he's taking a really long time in the bathroom taking showering and shaving. What is he doing? Is he going somewhere? Is he getting ready for a blind date?

The bathroom door flies open and a clean Kim Joonmyun, dressed in dark skinny jeans and a light blue t-shirt, walks into the kitchen. Jongdae hears some rustling and curses so he concludes that Joonmyun is trying to make himself food. He immediately stands and runs into the kitchen in order to save their apartment from setting on fire.

"STOP RIGHT THERE," he screams.

Joonmyun slowly lifts his hands from the piece of toast he was buttering. 

The younger of the two blushes. "Oh. Just toast. That shouldn't be deadly. Um, sorry, I'll go now."

Joonmyun smiles. "No, it's okay. I'm sorry I locked myself away from society for two days."

"It's fine, we all have those... uh... moments?"

Jongdae rocks back and forth on his heels awkwardly as his hyung finishes off the toast and heads off to the bathroom again to brush his teeth.

Joonmyun comes back inside the kitchen and clears his throat. "Jongdae, can I talk to you?"

He nods nervously and Joonmyun takes a deep breath.

"I'm not really good with words and I don't know how to express myself at all. But Jongdae, two days ago I realized some things. I realized that you're a better cook than I can ever be, a patient person, you smell nice, and you're a really sweet guy. You smile a lot and you blush at least twice everyday but that's part of your charm. You wave to everyone and everything- like babies, windows, cars, birds, and insects which is pretty ing weird but at the same time it's really cute. Your voice is beautiful and you always sing to me at night when you think I'm sleeping and I never want you to stop." Joonmyun gnaws on his bottom lip. "While I was inside my room hiding from the world for two days, I thought about where we are. You like me, and... now I know that I feel the same. I thought it was Kyungsoo I needed for all this time, but really, I just need you. And I know this isn't romantic or anything and it's really awkward," Joonmyun says, cheeks steadily coloring, "but I was wondering if. You know. We could date?"

Jongdae stands, blinking, brain unable to process what he just heard explode from Joonmyun's mouth. His heart processes it though, beating rapidly and swelling up and somehow tingling with uncontainable happiness.

He throws himself at Joonmyun, laughing, wrapping his arms around the older. 

Shocked, Joonmyun's eyes widen and his hands shakily find their places on Jongdae's back.

"So... is that a yes?" he asks.

"Of course," Jongdae murmurs before mustering up his courage to give Joonmyun a hesitant, tiny peck on the lips.

What they have now isn't much, and they still have a long way to go to be more comfortable with each other, but right now is enough. Right now they finally have each other and it's going to be okay.

 


 

 

 

 

A/N: i am always a cheesy sap im sorry