second.

Elementary, My Dear Kyungsoo

Jongdae doesn't know when he began to like Joonmyun. 

Was it after the older read through his résumé only once before hiring him on the spot as his "partner in crime"? 

Was it when Joonmyun began to continuously invite Jongdae over just for fun instead of work?

Was it when they began to live together?

Regardless, Jongdae is in love but he has a broken heart. Often times he compares himself to Do Kyungsoo and wonders, mind clouded with envy, Why does Joonmyun love him? What makes Kyungsoo better than me? And then Jongdae ends up feeling guilty because he knows it's not Kyungsoo's fault that Joonmyun is still hung up over in love with him.

Still, it bothers Jongdae because he knows that he will never be Joonmyun's one and only.

It's just the worst feeling in the world, being in love with someone who loves somebody else.

 

 

 

"GET IN THE BANANA SUIT."

"NO."

Jongin stomps his foot. "But we need to disguise ourselves before we go investigating!" he yells.

"Are you ing kidding me," Kyungsoo deadpans in disbelief. "How am I going to disguise myself in a ing banana suit. That's just gonna draw more attention!"

"Psh, no it won't!" Jongin scoffs. "It'll make you look... more... natural. And uh, blend into your surroundings...?"

The older rolls his eyes and sticks a leg into the horrifying, neon yellow banana suit. "This better be worth the information we get," Kyungsoo mutters grimly. "And my dignity." He zips up the front of the suit and turns to Jongin, cheeks flaming red. "Okay, so where do we go?"

Jongin blinks. He actually hadn't thought about where to investigate- he didn't even have a plan. All Jongin wants to do is embarrass Kyungsoo and see his really adorable blush because , Kyungsoo is just the most precious thing when he blushes and he's dressed in a banana suit and c'mon this is pure GOLD.

Kyungsoo notices that something's not right when Jongin begins to giggle and whips out his phone to take pictures of a blushing banana Do Kyungsoo. Making an extremely frightening sound that reminds Jongin of a lion roar, the shorter lunges at Jongin- only to have the detective burst out laughing and run away at full speed.

Growling, Kyungsoo takes off after him. "You little er," he seethes.

It must be a strange sight... a banana chasing a young man wearing an English waistcoat and clutching a mobile phone through the streets of Seoul. But what can you say? Life is always interesting with those two around.

 

 

 

"I'm still mad at you, you know," Kyungsoo says dryly.

Jongin giggles (even worse than cackling) and singsongs, "I know, but I don't care. Besides, I have fifteen pictures of you in a banana suit. And you're even blushing. My life is complete."

With another animalistic scream, Kyungsoo launches himself at the bratty detective.

The doe-eyed boy means to scratch Jongin's dumb attractive face or maybe, possibly, even claw his eyes out. But somehow Kyungsoo ends up sitting on the detective's lap, one arm wrapped around Jongin's neck and the other clamped on his waist. 

Kyungsoo's wide eyes grow even wider and an explosion of pink spreads on Jongin's face. 

"Uh," Kyungsoo squeaks, then jumps off of the detective's lap. "S-sorry." He thinks about Oh Sehun and how Jongin still likes him. Stupid, stupid Kyungsoo! Why did I have to throw myself at him?

"It's okay," Jongin mutters as Kyungsoo lets loose a hiccup and excuses himself to go to the bathroom, a pale hand clamped over his mouth.

When Kyungsoo is out of the room, Jongin allows himself a sigh and pulls out his wallet. Inside, there's a picture of the two.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It's a pretty old photo, taken two years ago when Jongin had no qualms of putting his cheek right next to Kyungsoo's. But now? Now, Jongin feels his heart flutter whenever Kyungsoo even looks at him. Now this picture fills the spot that used to hold Oh Sehun's photo.

And now, Jongin feels disappointed that Kyungsoo was so close to him, sitting in his lap, but Jongin didn't kiss him.

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

A/N: YOOOOOOOO, I'M BACK