sixth.

Elementary, My Dear Kyungsoo

Kyungsoo's hands somehow find their way off his ears and curl around Jongin's torso, one small hand resting on the back of the detective's head, pulling him closer.

Jongin's eyes close as he wraps his arms around Kyungsoo, pressing their bodies together as their lips move in sync.

The older of the two lets out a small whimper and the sound of it makes him realize what the what am I doing.

Kyungsoo's eyes snap open and he jumps back, blushing furiously. Jongin his lips and smirks.

"So... I guess you do like me, huh?" the detective chuckles, enveloping Kyungsoo's pale hands in his.

"N-no!" the short boy stammers, then adds hesitantly, "Well, only if you like me, too."

Jongin stays silent and Kyungsoo looks up at him. "Do you?"

Jongin tugs Kyungsoo forward and the short boy finds his lips on the detective's again before Jongin leans down to whisper in his ear, "Is that a good enough answer for you?"

Kyungsoo squeaks and then the world flips upside down.

 

 

 

"Nnngh..."

Jongin's head shoots up at the sound of Kyungsoo's groan. He rushes over to his bedside. "Hyung! You okay?"

The wide-eyed man gets out of bed, massaging his temple. "What happened?"

"You fainted right after I kissed you."

Kyungsoo clears his throat loudly as his face begins to resemble that of a tomato. "Oh. Uh. Yeah."

Jongin smiles shyly. "Um, hyung? Do you wanna go out with me?"

Kyungsoo trips even though the only thing he's doing at the moment is standing and sputters, "Huh?"

"Will you be my boyfriend?"

The older's face goes through an alarming variety of shades of red.

"To be honest, I've liked you for a really long time," Jongin says, biting his lip. "I was just too scared of ruining what we already had and I thought you wouldn't want me. But now that you understand that I hate Sehun and think he's a whiny brat with no soul, and Joonmyun will stop bothering you, I'm ready to take my chance. So, Do Kyungsoo- can I be your boyfriend?"

Kyungsoo doesn't trust what words will come out of his mouth so he nods, heart feeling like it's going to explode.

Jongin flashes a blinding smile before he presses his lips to Kyungsoo's, and it's like time stops. The only thing they feel is each other, smooth skin and soft lips, cotton fabric and strands of hair. The kiss isn't heated or desperate; it's comfortable and relaxing and Kyungsoo finds himself leaning almost entirely on Jongin, wanting more of the sweet warmth radiating from the younger's body. 

Why does Jongin feel so warm, anyway? Is it just because they're pressed together? Peace? Security?

Love?

Jongin pulls away and the two catch their breath (Kissing is more exercise than running, Kyungsoo thinks).

"I think I love you," the pale man blurts out- then clamps both hands over his mouth.

The detective grins and runs his fingers over Kyungsoo's red cheeks. "Me, too."

 

 

 

Jongdae sits on his bed, blankly staring at the wall. All of his clothes, books, toiletries, etc. are back where they used to be, thanks to Joonmyun's help. He shifts his eyes to the two empty suitcases in the corner. Should I pack everything again and leave at night? 

"Come to the kitchen! Dinner's ready!"

Jongdae's muscles tighten in horror. Dinner? That means Joonmyun is cooking and no no no it should be a crime to let that oaf cook. He almost trips while running out of his bedroom, smelling the disaster before actually seeing it.

Burnt, blue spaghetti is on the kitchen table. Joonmyun is fidgeting with his hands, a Pororo apron tied around his waist as he places forks on the plates. Jongdae doesn't know whether or not he should squeal at the cute sight or cry at the smell of dinner.

"Well... I tried," Joonmyun grumbles, tossing the spaghetti into the garbage can. "Take-out?"

Jongdae rolls his eyes and drags the older male over to the stove. "No, I'm going to teach you how to make one of the most basic dishes in all the world- grilled cheese sandwich."

Bread, butter, oil, and slices of cheddar cheese are brought out, along with a pan and a silicone spatula for flipping. Jongdae instructs Joonmyun what to do step by step, and doesn't run into any problems until the flipping part.

"Uh," Joonmyun says as the sandwich refuses to follow the laws of gravity. "Uh..."

The younger sighs and wraps his arms around Joonmyun from behind, placing both of his hands on Joonmyun's. "Just slide the spatula uderneath the sandwich, lift, and flip!" The thief barely registers what Jongdae is saying because of the close proximity and oh my god Jongdae is pressed up right behind me I can feel his hip bones on my and he smells like sugar and spice and everything nice oh my goooodddd. Jongdae's right hand, tight around Joonmyun's own right hand, turns the grilled cheese sandwich over. 

"There! Now put it on a plate and do the next one."

Finally, the partners sit down together at the kitchen table to eat their meal. They dine in silence, which only makes Joonmyun somehow hypersensitive to everything Jongdae does.

The way his Adam's apple bobs every time he swallows a gulp of orange juice or bite of grilled cheese; the way he makes small appreciative sounds in the back of his throat while he eats; the way he seems to always be smiling at Joonmyun even when he doesn't notice himself doing it and is it hot in here or is it just me?

Joonmyun abruptly stands up, nearly knocking the table over. Jongdae swallows and stares up at Joonmyun quizzically. "Are you okay?"

Joonmyun nods stiffly and puts his plate in the sink. "Uh. Yeah. I just. Yeah. Not feeling good. I'll be in my room." He all but runs to his room where he slams the door shut and locks it, panting heavily. He thinks of Jongdae's concerned, handsome face and groans.

"Why does this always happen to me?!"

 

 


     

 

 

 

A/N: wow i updated two days in a row

now that doesn't happen often