New Moon between Wolf Moon and Snow Moon: The New Friend

Blue Moon: 늑대와 미녀

 

 

new moon; the new friend

_______________________________________________________________________________

"Lulu.." she smiled as she gave the wolf a name. "Ah.. Mianhae Luhan-ah~ It's just that this wolf reminds me of you.." she chuckled as she patted the wolf's head beside her. They were both sitting side by side, enjoying each other's prescence in comfortable silence.

The more Myunghee meets the wolf, the more she desired to meet Luhan again.

"Do you think I'll still meet him?" she asked the creature as she playfully pulled some grass on the ground.

Luhan whimpered and nuzzled the girl's neck making the lass giggle. "Yaa~ I'll take that as a yes, but when?" she asked with an obvious frown as she caressed Luhan's head.

Luhan felt a slight pang inside him as she saw the girl look at him, eyes sparkling with hope. He felt so guilty for making her wait so long. "Just a bit more.. Please wait, Myunghee-ah..." he thought. 

"Yah~ Lulu.. I don't really think you're Luhan's." she giggled. "We meet each other everyday.. Am I your new owner, then?" Myunghee chuckled. "But I'm happy, you keep me company here. You're my new friend." she added, taking back her previous question.

Myunghee took out a tupperware from her bag and grinned towards the wolf. "I couldn't bring raw meat, it would stink.. I hope you eat cooked meat though.." she said as she was taking a piece. Myunghee pressed the meat against the beast's mouth. "No?" she pouted as the wolf gave her no response.

"..food again?" Luhan thought and hesitantly ate the meat. Myunghee flashed a bright smile at the wolf, happy that it actually ate the piece of cooked meat she offered. "It's good right? Better than raw?" she laughed, earning a small nod from the wolf.

"Cooked meat does, somehow, taste different compared to the common raw ones I usually eat..." Luhan thought, unconsciously his lips.

"Do you want more, Lulu?" Myunghee asked, taking another piece and offering it to the wolf once more.

"Should I..? Or should I not..?" the wolf stayed still, not giving a response.

"I guess that's a no. Oh well." Myunghee gave a small smile, earning a soft whimper from her new friend. 

"Oh no. Did I make her feel bad?" Luhan thought, feeling guilty that he didn't accept what Myunghee offered.

"Aww. Lulu~ Don't be disheartened. It's fine. Wolves like you don't usually eat cooked meat; I understand." the girl reassured her friend, keeping the tupperware of meat in her bag.

"Thank you for keeping me company all the time, Lulu. Well, it's time for me to go now.." Myunghee sighed, hugging the wolf one last time before standing up.

"..do you really have to go?" Luhan thought, staring at Myunghee with sad eyes.

"Don't you worry, Lulu. I'll come back tomorrow!" Myunghee smiled and patted the wolf's head as she caught it staring at her with pleading eyes.

"I promise." she added once more before turning on her heel and walking back to the town.

__________________________________________________________________________________