Last Quarter after Wolf Moon: The Desire

Blue Moon: 늑대와 미녀

 

 

last quarter after wolf moon; the desire
_______________________________________________________________________________

 

Days have passed since the werewolf and human have met but that did not stop Myunghee from visiting the river. Luhan, on the other hand, has been secretly observing the girl from afar. 

Myunghee gripped onto the jacket that she was holding. It was the one that she lent him. “Luhan..” she sighed. There was no doubt that the girl wanted to see him again. Myunghee had this unlikely desire to help the boy once more.

The wolf whimpered as he heard his name. He wanted to walk towards the girl but not in that state. Just for a moment, he yearned to be human. He did not know why but he felt indebted to the girl. Myunghee had helped him even though he was a stranger. The feeling was ridiculous - Luhan thought along side wanting to be beside her again. It was an alien feeling to the wolf but he knew, he liked it so much.

Myunghee stood up straight as she heard the wolf mewl. "Luhan's pet? Aishh..." she wondered out loud, pouting. Different thoughts about Luhan filled Myunghee's mind. Where is he? Is he safe? Where had he gone to? Is he hungry? What could've happened? 

New moon was nearing and, still, there was no sign of the homeless boy nor the humongous wolf she encountered during the year's first full moon. Somehow, Myunghee found herself waiting... Waiting and waiting until the boy or wolf appeared. It was the first time that she actually waited this long. Again, she sat by the riverside hoping for what it seems impossible.

Myunghee never forgot to bring food whenever she returned there. As well as hopes for Luhan to come. 

Luhan kept an eye on Myunghee whenever she spent her time waiting. He watched the lady eat, play and sometimes even sleep. Luhan admitted that even by the simplest things Myunghee did, he was very much fascinated. After a few battles with himself, he finally mustered the courage to walk towards the girl who was in a small daze.

"Excuse me.." Luhan wanted to speak. But instead, he let out another small wolf-like whimper.

Hearing the wolf, Myunghee immediately turned her head to the source of the sound. "Oh.. Hi there, Luhan's pet." she smiled brightly at the giant wolf before her, slowly patting its head. "Where's your master?" she asked innocently.

"I am here.." Luhan thought as the girl asked of his whereabouts.

__________________________________________________________________________________