Wolf Moon: The First Encounter

Blue Moon: 늑대와 미녀

 

 

wolf moon; the first encounter                                   

_______________________________________________________________________________
 

Myunghee admired the reflection of the sun set in the river. She smiled as she sat down on the ground, not even knowing why she was there. Her feet just led her to the beautiful quiet place.

"Aish." Myunghee patted her neck. "I'm so tired!" she shouted with her heart's content and lied down on the grass. She made frames using her hands at the sky, capturing the beautiful scenery. "I'm gonna stay a bit, tonight is a full moon.." she said softly, grinning to herself.

Hearing a loud wolf cry, the girl immediately stood up. It was amazingly loud but it did not frighten her. Myunghee just brushed it off and looked up at the dimming orange sky. It was almost night time.

She heard distant growling, and it was neither a beast nor a human. But she was certain it was a cry of pain. Myunghee sat there confused and puzzled. She looked from left to right wanting to know where the sound came from. Being the brave girl she was, Myunghee stood up and walked towards a bush that happened to make the slightest ruffling sound.

Her eyes grew big as she saw a man before her. She was uncertain whether to run away and leave the boy in the cold or to help him but of course; she could not leave anyone in the cold – especially a person. “E-excuse me. Are you okay?” she managed to squeak.

He nodded and Myunghee took her jacket off hesitantly. “You’re cold, aren’t you?” she said as she wrapped it around the boy’s shoulder. “I’ll get something warm to drink. Wait here..”

“How can someone so clean and handsome be homeless?” Myunghee thought as she was buying coffee for herself and the “homeless” boy. She shook her head and shrugged. “At least I’ll help him tonight.”

She hurried her way back hoping to see the boy again. She beamed as she saw the boy sitting down on the ground. She sat beside him and handed him his drink. “What’s your name?” she asked.

The transformed beast looked at the petite girl as she waited for him to answer. He did not really have any name but he remembered that a human had named him when he was still a pup. He smiled faintly at the fun memory that flashed through his mind. “Luhan..” he spoke softly and looked at the cup he was holding.

Myunghee scrunched up her nose “Well, that’s a weird name.. I’m Myunghee!” she smiled widely. “W-where do you live?” she added.

Luhan chuckled softly, he was not really aware of what is weird and what is not. Home.. It was in the woods. He could not answer her.

“A-ah! You don’t have to tell me.. I just thought you were homeless since you were and.. I’m sorry.” She covered with her free hand. She took a sip of the coffee and peeked at him.

“Come on. Drink! It isn’t poisoned.” She pouted a bit and lifted the cup near his mouth. “Ah! Have some of these too!” she handed him a pack of cookies she was keeping.

It was his first time to drink and eat human food. He was not exactly attracted to the aroma of the coffee. It made him, somehow, more awake. He cautiously took a sip of the drink and looked at the girl. She had eyes like the crescent moon, he thought. “How’s it? That’s my favorite drink!” she continued to talk.

“You don’t talk too much huh?” she pouted as she poked his cheek. Myunghee is usually like this – carefree, brave and amiable.

“Well, I’ll go now. It was nice meeting you Luhan!” she stood up and waved. “Go home safely, ara? Will I see you tomorrow?” she scratched her head. “Probably not.. You didn’t even tell me anything besides your name..” she chuckled and walked back home.

“…I’ll scare you if I let you see me tomorrow.” He sighed inwardly, taking in the scent of Myunghee. “Her clothes.. I’ll just leave it here tomorrow.” He thought.

Myunghee went back to the same spot the next day. “Luhan?!” she called out. Luhan was watching her from a far with her jacket clipped on his mouth. He did not know what to do, he was certain that she would run away from him. “Myunghee..” he thought.

“Luhan?” she said as she heard some movement near the bush where she had found Luhan last night. “Is that you?”

She walked closer towards the bush and saw him. was agape as she saw a huge creature with her jacket in its mouth. It was something she had never seen before. It was definitely huger than wolves. She looked at the beast’s fur and remembered Luhan was covered in the same fur last night.

“L-Luhan?” her eyebrows furrowed and she laughed softly. “I mean, are you Luhan’s? You’re quite big..” she reached out her hand towards the creature.

The werewolf eyes widen in disbelief – she was not scared at all. “Are you supposed to bring that to me?” she asked as she let her hand near his nose, hoping it would make the wolf know her scent.

Luhan dropped the jacket gingerly on the ground and let her pet him. Luhan somehow appreciated her soft touches and charming scent only Myunghee had.

Myunghee giggled as she pet the gigantic wolf in front of her. She knelt and faced Luhan. “Aigoo. You look like Luhan.” She chuckled. “Maybe you’re really Luhan’s? I should ask him right?” she added.

_______________________________________________________________________________