Love On A First Sight?

Uptown Boy ♥ Downtown Girl
 
Chapter 1 : Love On A First Sight?
 
 
          Oh Hayoung (19) is a city sweetheart. She’s not rich either a genius. But she’s kind and honest, and everybody in the town loves her—they even called her as their city’s angel. Oh Hayoung is working instead of continuing her education in the college; she doesn’t have the money yet she needs to help her family’s financial problem. She works in a pub in her town as a waitress and ever since she worked there, the number of guests and customers who came was increasing. Though the money wasn’t that much, she’s still grateful that she got a job around the people who love her.
         On the other part of the town, there is this guy named L (23). He’s rich, he’s handsome and he’s every girl’s dream. But he hasn’t found his own dream yet. In the big city of Seoul with tons of girls—pretty or not—around him, that good looking model still can’t find his dream girl. Yes, he dated some of the girls just to find out which one was actually his dream, but expectedly, none of them. He is now in the verge of giving up finding a partner for his life.
         “Kim Myungsoo, I felt very sorry and worry for you right now, you know?” Nam Woohyun, one of his best friends uttered, calling him with his real name.
         “Tch, hyung. Why don’t you just think about yourself and leave me alone?”
         “Because I’m your hyung and I feel concerned about you.”
         “No, it’s me who feel concerned about you guys,” another man suddenly comes up and joins them sitting in the bar. The man orders a non-alcoholic drink rather than what the two have been drinking to the bartender.
         “Yah, hyung. What do you mean?”
         “Just have a drink, hyung. Don’t try to be all innocent.”
         “You know, Nam Woohyun, everyone here can tell that your face is showing what you feel right now. Devastated. It’s been showing up on your face since the day you broke up with Chorong,” the guy whose name is Sunggyu says as he takes his orange juice from the table and takes a sip on it.
         “Sunggyu hyug, don’t ever mention her name in front of me again,” Woohyun hisses and takes another shot of his drink. That girl whose name shouldn’t be mentioned was Woohyun’s dream girl until she rejected his offer of taking another step of their relationship into the altar. She instead left him with another guy who was obviously younger than her. That thick lips jerk stole her away from him. And now he’s asking her to marry him and she’s ing agree. That b—woman agreed with that jerk’s offer instead of his, and that’s really pissing him off.
         “You know what, bro? I’m so gonna take you both out of here,” Sunggyu quickly finishes his drink and stands up, wiping his mouth with his lacy white handkerchief and put some money on the table before dragging the other two boys with him.
         “Yah!” is what Woohyun can only say.
         “Where are we going?” Myungsoo asks calmly as he always does though he’s not that happy that his hyung is pulling his away over the comfortable bar’s chair.
         “To the other part of our world.”
 
         Kim Sunggyu is now literally bringing the guys to the other part of their world. It’s still in Seoul district but this part is lacking the source of lights, not like the Soul city where they lived, where so many buildings and banners fill the streets.
         “Yah, why are we here?” Nam Woohyun who is using informal words towards his hyung automatically gets a smack on his head from the elder.
         “I’m here to see my girlfriend and you’re here to see what you won’t see in your normal life. Here you won’t find what you usually see since the first time in the morning. You won’t find any Flat LCD TV screen; moreover those big ones like you have in your apartment, Myungsoo-ah. There’s no water heater in the bathroom, and no Audi X8 like yours, Woohyun-ah. And the rest? You’ll see the rest soon,” Sunggyu ends his long speech as he turns his car to the left, entering a part which slightly brighter than the previous one.
          “You have a girlfriend …. here?” is the thing that Myungsoo interested in the most. The rest? He forgot about it already.
       “Yup. And she’s a really great woman and I’m gonna ask her to marry me tonight ……..soon,” Sunggyu speaks between his nervousness. His car is now entering a parking lot where many cars were line up and luckily find an empty slot in the dark corner; he’s lucky enough tonight—he usually can’t find a free space and have to park his car far far away, maybe in someone’s house’s parking lot. Although his car is hiding in the corner, people still can see clearly that his car is not the type the citizen around the town use. His seems luxury and of course expensive, while the rest of the cars in the parking lot are rather cheap or just plain old cars.
       “Follow me,” he says to the two guys while walking out of the car. The two stay still with hell-no-I’m-not-going-out expression plasters on their faces. “If you’re not coming out, who knows what will happen in this cold and dark corner later,” Sunggyu says again and leaves the two cowards inside the car. Scary thoughts of ghosts start to appear on Woohyun’s mind while Myungsoo just sighs and gets out of the car.
         They walk towards the door of the pub model-likely, making the heads of many people turn towards them. Ladies—young or old—are screaming in joy while gentlemen are eyeing them in jealous. Don’t blame them and their good looking faces; they won’t be models for nothing. Soon the lads are reaching the double door and both of their hands are gripping the hold, pushing them forward, revealing the very different atmosphere from the outside. The small place is filled with music sound from the old jukebox across the front door. It’s warm with slight brown color from the furniture and the lamps. The lights are not that bright, but it’s enough to show the happy smiles plastered on the guests’ face. Myungsoo spots his hyung is leaning against the cashier’s desk, flirting with the woman behind whose eyes are disappearing as she laughs. He seems to enjoy that moment with her and it’s just giving Myungsoo the click. ‘Ah, so that woman is his girlfriend,’ he thinks.
         Just then, someone interrupts his mind.
         “Can I help you guys with anything? Or do you want a seat?” a girl, probably around the age of the two standing models, asks them while showing one of her best smiles of the night. She’s wearing this tight uniform which is perfectly wrapped around her slim body. Her hair is tied up in a messy ponytail as some strains of her hair are falling on both sides of her face loosely. She seems tired from the work, but her smile did its best job covering it. All of the little parts gather up together and make such an amazing and stunning creature, standing in patient as she waits for the guys to answer. Too bad, Myungsoo can’t stop starring at her, mostly at her lips as she talks, and that’s enough just to make him silent.
         Seeing no response was given by Myungsoo, Woohyun decides to answer for both of them. “A place to sit, thanks,” he says, showing his grin which usually always succeeds in making the female creatures squeals in joy. The waitress just nods and replies back his smile with her famous angelic smile and brings them to an empty seat nearby the cashier.
         “Here’s the menu,” she hands them each of the menus and continues the speech that she already memorized since 3 years ago, “you may take a look at it first and then call me again when you’re ready to order. Can I have my leave now?” she bows as she sees one of the men—of course the sober one—nods his head. She’s ready to leave until she remembers something that makes her cheeks flushed with a tiny color of red as she forgot something really important. “Oh, the name is Hayoung,” she says, showing her nametag on her uniform before taking a step away from the table.
         ‘The name is Hayoung,’ the voice keeps on repeating on Myungsoo’s mind. ‘Hayoung…’
         “Yah!” an impatient Woohyun decides to smack the younger one’s back of head as the lad hasn’t stop staring at the waitress’ figure, not even for a second, not even for a blink. Bringing him back to reality, Myungsoo knows that he just did something he shouldn’t do, making his cheeks turn slightly pink in embarrassment.
         “What was that for?!” he turns to Woohyun, angry, for no reason. But deep down he knows that he’s not angry with his friend, but instead feeling mad of himself for being caught staring at a girl’s body. He’s mad and embarrassed of himself yet he’s still too naive to admit that.
         “Oh, you’re so in a trouble, Kim Myungsoo. BIG trouble,” Woohyun replies as he stares at the waitress and back at his troubled friend.
         “I know.”
 
● ● ●
 
         Hayoung is still strolling around the place, taking up orders from the customers. But her eyes wouldn’t stop glancing back at the figure who was sitting casually on the table near the cashier, and it’s not because he hasn’t order anything to drink nor eat. And as she sneakily takes another glance at him for the nth times that night, the man suddenly stares back at her, making their eyes meet. The girl quickly looks away as her cheeks turn into crimson red. The dim light of the pub still can’t cover her red face though, making her looks like someone who’s suffocate of air.
        “Oh Hayoung, are you alright?” one of the other angels of the town which also is her friend ask her when they both are in the kitchen for taking up the food.
        “Yes, unnie,” she replies, covering her cheeks with her hands.
        “But you’re turning into a tomato. Oh, I know,” her worried voice turns into somewhat teasing. “It’s the new guys near Eunji unnie’s place right?”
        “N-no! I-I was just… didn’t feel good tonight,” she quickly denies though the older girl may have said the truth.
        “Don’t try to deny me, young girl. You can’t lie to Namjoo’s love radar. And it said that there is an arrow of love flying in the air which …wait…. pointing directly at you and that guy,” the older says as she mimics a psychic.
        “Namjoo’s love radar? What is it?”
        “It’s my power and only me who knows where it’s located,” Namjoo says and winks at her as she walks out of the kitchen, bringing a tray of food for the customers.
        ‘Is it true? Do I love him? Does he love me? Is it a crush or a love? How can it happen so fast?’ Hayoung is deep in her thoughts, questioning Namjoo’s words before as the red color still doesn’t wanna leave her face.
         “Oh, boy. I’m in trouble,” she sighs.
 

 

 
 
 
author's note:
안녕하세요!
pinkchoco is here to leave an update for my awesome subscribers. this is like the intro of the story~
and ooh~~ i spotted a gyuji here! ;)
there'll be more surprising pairings and characters in the future though, so stay tune and don't miss out!