Meeting Him

Arranged Marriage

"Mahfriend, pano 'to? I really don't want to marry him but ayaw ko din ma-disappoint si Papa."

Kim, Maja, Angelica, RiGoGoBaSchu are shopping at the mall because they knew about Kim's situation and they know that shopping is the only thing that'll make her happy but they failed for the first time. This must be really hard for her. They stopped at Kim's favorite Chinese Restaurant to eat.

"Ano ba kasi problem mo kay Sam, mahfriend? Yes, we know na kaaway mo 'yun but how many years have passed na? Diba? Malay mo mabait na 'yun ngayon. We know naman na your safe with him because Tito chooses him for you."

"Yes, tama ka jan, Maj! i wonder kung ano hitsura nya?" said the giggling Erich.

"Ikaw talaga! Kita mong ikakasal na sya kay Kim oh. Ano, ayaw mo na kay Xian?" Beauty said and throw her the chopsticks.

"Eto naman maka-react! Curious lang naman po. Hindi ko pagpapalit si Xian ko kahit kanino 'no!"

Kim isn't paying attention on what they're saying because she is busy facebook-ing searching for Sam's account.

"Yes! Found it!" Kim shouted and raised her hand in delight.

"Ano ba yan! Kanina pa kami daldal ng daldal dito tapos may sarili ka pala mundo jan." Mel said pretending to be hurt.

"Sorry sis. Matampuhin ka talaga. Girls, gusto nyo makita si Sam?"

"Yes naman! Soon-to-be-husband mo kaya 'yun! Hellooo?" they said in unison imitating Kim's favorite line-- "Hellooo?" and laughed.

"Here." she handed them the laptop.

"OMG!! Si Sam Milby? As in si Sam!? Yung anak ng owner ng Milby Corporation na nali-link kung kani-kaninong girls? My god friend, you're so lucky!!!" Kitkat said a bit jealous but happy for Kim.

"Nako Pringle, wag mo pakawalan 'to. Big time ka jan!"

"Sira! Big time ka jan.. I don't need his money. In case you forgot, anak din ako ng owner ng Chiu Corporation. And kayo din naman, anak ng famous businessmen here in the Philippines."

"We're not talking about money naman. Tignan mo pictures oh. Super handsome!!" Empress said in awe.

"Waaaaaahh!!!!" the girls shouted in delight except Kim.

"Shhhh! Why? Quiet lang kayo nakakahiya." Kim whispered to them and curious at the same time.

"Look mahfriend, maybe this will change your mind." then she pulled Kim.

"Oh." was all she could said in awe.

"What, convinced kana? Grabe may six-pack abs pala sya! He's perfect. You're so lucky. If I don't have my husband Wilby right now, I would volunteer to marry this guy!"

They all laughed at Kitkat's remark.

"Why is he uploading those pics? Those should be private."

"Jealous ka naman Pringle? Admit it, effective yung pagpo-post nya ng topless. Para lang si Derek ko. Ang lakas maka turn-on!"

"But girls, kayo lang nakakaalam na arranged marriage to ha. You can tell to your boyfriends naman but warn them to be quiet."

Her phone suddenly ring.

"Hello, Pa? Ok po. I'll be there. Yes. Bye."

She turn to her friends.

"Si Papa, telling me to go home. Sunduin na daw namin si Sam. Punta kayo later sa amin ha. May pa-party daw eh."

 "Sure."

"I have to go na. Bye, girls."

She kissed them on cheeks and quickly walk to her pink car. Although she can hire a driver, she don't want to. She don't want her pink care driven by any person except her.

 

Kim sat silently in the backseat of their van. She's biting her nails and she only do it when she's nervous or scared.

"Baby, don't be nervous. I'm right here beside you. Everything's gonna be okay." her mom gave her an reassuring smile.

"Thanks, Ma."

"They're here na daw. Sunduin ko lang. Who wants to join me?"

"I'll go with you. Kim?"

"I'll just stay here."

"How about you Mamang?"

Kim gave her a knowing look. She wants some time alone.

"Sasama na ako."

Kim was left alone in the van waiting for them. Her phone suddenly beep.

From: Mahfriend

"Mahfriend, what happened na? We're getting ready na papunta sa house nyo. Have you met him na? Give me an update! I'll see you later. ;)"

She press the reply button.

To: Mahfriend

"Haven't seen him pa. Still waiting for them. I'm here sa van alone. I'm bit nervous. See 'ya later! :)"

After Maja received her text, she replied in less than a minute.

From: Mahfriend

"Don't be. :) Introduce mo kami later ha!"

She replied.

To: Mahfriend

"Sure! Thanks, mahfriend. :)"

Kim fell asleep after her short conversation with Maja.

"Kimmy, we're here." her Mamang said while shaking her.

"Mamang, what took you so long? Ayan tuloy, I fell asleep."

"Nag chikahan pa kasi sila eh."

They heard voices coming outside of the van.

"Etoh na pala si Kim. Yung baby ko." said her proud Papa.

Kim came down from the van and kissed both Else and Rick on the cheeks.

"Hi po Tito, Tita. Welcome back po."

"Hi Kim! Call us Mommy and Daddy na lang."

"Uhm.. opo. Mommy, Daddy." she said shyly.

"Better. You look so beautiful, hija. I'm sure magkakaintindihan kayo ni Sam. Speaking of that boy, where is he, Rick?"

"I saw him at the back carrying our things. Sam!! Let the driver do that. Come here."

"Yes, Dad."

"Oh, son. Here's Kim. Kim meet your fiance, Sam."

They stared at each other for awhile. Kim is the first to break the silence.

"Uh.. H-Hi."

"Hello."

"Let's go home na daw. Party is ready!"

"C'mon, let's get inside."

Sam sat beside Kim and Mamang at the back while Lyla, Rick and Elsie is in front of them and William is in the passenger seat.

"What happened to your nails? Until now your biting them? What a stupid mannerism."

"Why the hell do you care? Get a life!"

"I'm just asking, brat girl!"

"What did you just call me?"

"Don't you hear it?"

"Hey, you two. Stop it. Para kayong bata. Do you want your parents see you fighting? Tignan nyo oh, tulog na tulog."

"Sorry, Mamang. Eto kasing alaga nyo eh."

"Ako nanaman."

"Hep. Hep. Hep. Time-out na. They might wake up sa kaingayan nyo. You have to act na okay kayo."

"Why?"

"Gusto nyo madisappoint 'yung parents nyo?"

"No."

"That's it. Pretend that you're both okay towards each other. Ako lang makakaalam na ganyan kayo. Matutulog muna ako."

"But Mam--'

"No more buts, Kimmy."

They glared at each other once more before looking away.