Shocking News

Arranged Marriage

"Kimmy, hija, you remember Sam? Your childhood friend?" her Daddy William asked.

"Of course, Pa. Why po? and hindi ko po sya friend. Mortal enemy ko yun!"

"Well, starting tomorrow, you're not enemies anymore."

"What do you mean?"

"Hija, they're going back to Philippines tomorrow night and you two are getting married as soon as possible."

"Wait, Pa! Why don't you tell me earlier? I don't want him, Pa. Bakit sya pa? You don't know his attitude and diba 6 years older sakin yun?"

"I know you're upset right now. Kung pede lang hindi kaso kailangan eh. Dun ko lang masisiguradong safe ka. Look, Milby and Chiu family are good friends that's why I trust them. I also had a chance to talk to Sam last week through phone. He seems nice naman. At isa pa, I'm are getting older na rin so I have to make sure na okay yung future mo. I'm sorry, hija. I know this is hard lalo na for the both of you but this is the only way na masiguro kong safe ka."

"Pa, I don't need him. I'm okay naman with Mama and Mamang Pokie."

"But how sure are you that they're going to be there for the rest of your life? They have their own family din."

"Do I have a choice?"

"I'm so sorry Kimmy. I know you'll understand someday. I do not know kung hanggang kailan ako tatagal in this world so I have to make sure that my bunso is safe and secured by someone I trust. Malay mo one day...."

"Pa, don't ever say that! Of course magtatagal ka pa dito. Hindi mo pa nga ko nalalakad sa altar eh."

"That's why I want this wedding as soon as possible. Madali naman mahalin si Sam eh."

"I know this is for my future and I-- I understand."

"Thanks my baby. I know I could count on you! I love you so much!"

"I love you too, Pa. I have to sleep na po. Good night." she kissed her Papa on his cheek and quickly ran upstairs.

 

She cried and cried on her room. She doesn't want her Papa to see her crying because of a stupid marriage. After crying, she called her best friends and tell them what happened. They planned on meeting tomorrow to talk about her problem. She's so sad about the sudden news but she can't say "no" to her Papa. She just love him so much that's why she didn't want to disappoint him. Suddenly, someone knocks on the door.

"Kimmy, this is Mamang."

"Come in."

As soon as her Mamang Pokie get inside, her tears started to fall again. She hugged her alaga tightly and let her cry in her arms.

"I already know about what happened. Labas mo lang.."

Mamang Pokie has been Kim's yaya since she was born. But Kim treat her as her second mom. She knows all her problems. They were very close to each other.

"Mamang...."

"shhh.."

She held Kim until she fell asleep.

 

Meanwhile, on William and Lyla's side..

"Pumayag na sya. Buti madali ma-convince. I felt very sad for her but this is for her own good."

"Did you tell her na about your condition? I'm sorry hindi kita nasamahan. Baka hindi ako makapagpigil at mag break down ako sa harap nyo."

"It's alright. I didn't tell her. I'm not ready for it. Basta I'm happy that she's okay. Tapos na lahat ng gagawin ko in this world. I'm ready to die."

"Bakit kasi ikaw pa?" Lyla said almost crying.

"I do not know.. I do not know. Let's just accept the fact that I'll die soon. I know He has good plans for me. C'mon it's getting late. You go home na. You have your family waiting for you."

She bid him goodbye and left.

 

Yes, Lyla knew about his ex-husbands condition months ago. She knew that he has heart attack and could die anytime. Of course, she felt very very sad for him but days passed, she's slowly accepting the fact. She needs to be strong for Kim. They were divorced years ago but she still keep in touch with them and they remain friends.

 

Sam's side in US..

"Dad, no way! You can't run my life!!"

"But we want her for you. We know she's a good girl. Malaki ang utang na loob natin sa Chiu's."

"Eh bakit ako pa? Pede naman yung cousin ko."

"William wants you for her. Please Sam. Your Tito is dying! Besides, you are our only son that's why we want the best for you."

"And you think this is the best for me? Forcing me to marry a girl I haven't seen a long time ago!? 20 years Dad, 20 years we lost in touch with each other!"

"Sam, do this for me, for William, for your family, for our company, for Kim."

"Wait, does she even know that her Dad is dying?"

"No."

He pity Kim. He don't know what to feel for her and understand that she needs someone when the time comes....

"Okay."

"What?"

"I'll marry her."

"Good. Go on. Pack your things. We'll go back in Philippines tomorrow."

Sam started to go upstairs but his Dad stopped him.

"Son."

"Dad?"

"I love you that's why I'm doing this for you."

"I know, Dad. I love you, too."

He hardly slept that night thinking what will happen if he saw Kim tomorrow. He's excited seeing her but felt sad for her. He fell asleep after thinking about her for more hours.