Chapter 5

Dreams aren't Always as they Seem

"Ah! Sheebal, chincha..." Minho muttered under his breath. He stopped causing me to run into him. I was confused. I had no clue what Minho had just said, though I was certain it sounded like a curse. He pushed me behind him. I stood on my tip-toes and peeked over Minho's shoulder. There in the lobby was a fear I had always had about coming to Korea.

I had always wanted to attend concerts while I was in Korea. But to do so, I would probably have to deal with sasaeng fans. These "fans" are crazy. I'm totally scared of them. I'd seen enough REAL videos to be so. They stalk their idols and even cause vehicular pileups. They cause lots of problems (some actually phisical) for their idols. I even saw this video where a sasaeng fan slapped the camera out of a girl's hands just because she was filming stampeding fans to an EXO event. There was legit reason to fear them.

That is why, as I stared into the lobby of the hotel, I started shaking. The lobby was filled with fans, a hundred at least. Among them had to be sasaengs. I didn't think I would have to deal with them this soon. I had not even been here for twenty four hours yet. Not only that, this was no concert. I was hanging out with SHINee's Minho. I would be at the center of attention. All violence would be directed at me. I was not prepared in the slightest for what I knew was about to come. I fisted my hands into the back of Minho's shirt. He turned to look at me, seeing the fear in my eyes. 

"Kwenchana," he assured, my hair to calm me down. He glanced around the room. His eyes fell on a security guard nearby. Catching his attention, Minho motioned to him. The guard nodded and went to other guards stationed around the area. The fans only got more and more excited as they watched the guards move about. They knew something was about to happen. Once this had been set in motion, Minho ped his hoodie and draped it over my head. I put my arms into the proper holes, and he zipped it up. All the way up. There was even mesh so the wearer could breath properly. He took my now hooded face in his hands and whispered in my ear, "Custom made." He was so close I could actually feel his breath through the fabric. I gulped again, and he laughed, petting my head once more before wrapping his arm around my shoulder to guide me through the crowd. 

I didn't move at first, hesitant, but Minho simply said, "Kwenchana, security." Only slightly reassured, I started to move. The screaming became deafening. There was a lot of pushing and shoving. There was tugging on the hoodie. It got to the point where one arm wasn't enough. Minho reached up with his other arm and pulled my head against his shoulder, keeping his hand there to protect me further. 

Suddenly, Minho collided into me, there was a ripping sound, and we crashed to the floor with Minho on top of me. The air was ripped from my lungs. Gasping for breath with tears rolling down my eyes, I clung to Minho, who never allowed his full weight to be applied, even though he was dealing with twice that from the psychotic girls. Through it all, I could hear the security guards yelling something about cops and jail. The screaming eventually died down as the crowd was finally pushed out.

I was still scared to move. I still clung to Minho, who was breathing hard as well. The zipper suddenly ped, and I was staring up at a sweaty Minho. Despite myself and our current situation, my mind still had time to say Damn he's pretty. I clenched my fists, which were still clinging onto his shirt. 

Suddenly we were giggling like maniacs, earning strange looks from the security guards. 

"N-never that bad," Minho managed between breaths. 

"And I just survived my first sasaeng attack!"

Off to the side of us, a man cleared his throat. We looked simultaneously to see a tapping foot, which lead up to a very angry manager. Behind him was a very puzzled SHINee.

 

I TOTALLY HAD FIVE FULL PARAGRAPHS WRITTEN AND I HIT A WRONG BUTTON!!! IT ALL DISAPPEARED!!!

Sorry....I cried...it wasn't even that much, but I did not sleep a wink last night or today....I'M TIRED. *sigh* Ok. That's out of the way.

ANYWAYS~! I think this chapter turned out decently. I was originally intending to make it back to our rooms unscathed, but then I realized that the night before had been unusually quiet, so I thought I'd have my first taste of the sasaengs. And it worked out beautifully, including being protected by Minho! ^-^

Here is a few videos I looked at while writing this chapter. The first is just relative, but the second was mentioned.

Shawol Sasaengs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18o085KpCBE

Specific video mentioned: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOr2h0yAVw0

"Sheebal" 싸 발 ~

"Chincha" 진짜 ~ Really

Please don't forget! Comments are way appreciated! Tell me your thoughts! ^-^