CHAPTER 2: Attitudes Collide

Me, Myself, and My Genie

Rubbing his eyes for one last time, Key blinked again and again trying to see if she was really there.

He exhaled. “Well, this is a lot to take in.”

“You’re one to talk! I’ve been in that lamp for almost a millennium! Don’t even get me started on the space that thing provides.”

“You talk a lot, do you know that? What’s your name anyway?”

“Tch. My name’s Aheira Augminus Moira Minsullus ” she recited.

“Heh, your name sounds like a disease!”

“Idiot! My name’s Jaemin (for now). Your name is just silly! KEY?! Who in their right mind names a person Key?!” she said as she hovered away from him.

“My name’s Kibum! KIM KIBUM. And would you stop hovering all over the place, it’s freaking me out! You might break something!” Key frantically scratched his head.

“Psh, what are you doing with all these old things anyway?” Jaemin said as she picked up a dirty vase and let it float freely.

“PUT THAT DOWN!” Key grabbed onto his head of hair.

“RELAAX~! I won’t drop it!”

The vase flew from one side of the room to the other.

“Please! Please put that down! I have to get these artifacts ready for the exhibit. If you break one, I’m dead!” Key chased the vase.

“Would you relax already? I won’t drop it!” Jaemin insisted. “So, what do you do? Just show people old things? Is that a real job?”

“Ugh, that’s insulting. Its called being a curator. I make sure these ‘old things’ are taken care of and that they are shown to the people!” He tried to reach for the vase.

“Hmm, you’ve got a heap of pretty things here!” Jaemin said as she made more of the objects afloat.

“AAAHH!!” Key squeeled as he saw the pharaoh’s staff and other accessories floated a few feet from the ground.

“PUT THOSE DOWN!”

“I told you, I won’t drop them! I just wanted to take a closer look!”

“HELLO? Is anyone there?” a voice sounded off.

Key gasped and glared at Jaemin who was genuinely surprised.

Key motioned that she put the objects down and that she kept quiet.

“Uh, it’s just me, Key! I-I’m trying to clean off some of the vases. They’re really dusty.”

The man immerged from the shadows to reveal Key’s boss, Sooman.

“I could’ve sworn someone else was here talking to you! It was a girl’s voice.” He claimed.

“Uh, no sir. I was just talking to the lovely vases.” Key said as he held one of the vases that had been afloat a moment ago.

“Well it’s pretty late so you should probably wrap things up, Key.” Sooman said as he put his hands on his hips.

“Y-Yes sir. Arasseo. I’m gonna finish up here.”

“Good, lock up when you’re done alright?”

“Yes sir.”

Key breathed in relief and put the vase down. He looked at his watch and it said ‘3:30’.

“He’s your superior?” Jaemin asked as she popped up from behind one of the crates.

“I should probably be getting home soon. I assume you’ll be coming with me?” Key asked.

“You assumed correctly!” Jaemin smiled.

“Hm, that won’t do.” Key said as he looked at her from head to toe.

Noticing it now, Jaemin was wearing an Egyptian style wardrobe. She looked pretty but she’ll draw attention with that overkill of blue.

“What are you talking about?” Jaemin protested with her hands on her hips.

“I can’t be seen with a girl dressed like that! People will talk!”

“Then how do you suggest I dress? It’s not like the way you dress is any better.

Key rummaged through a pile and found a fashion magazine. He quickly flipped through and pointed at something.

“Here! Try this!”

“Eew! Is that what your people wear nowadays?!”

“Come on! Just try it! You’ll look normal. For once.”

With a puff and another blinding light, Jaemin’s clothes were different. Very different.

“This is so uncomfortable. Ugh.” She complained.

Speechless, Key stared at Jaemin in awe. “She looks so pretty. I couldn’t see that before.”

“Yah! EGGHEAD!” Jaemin yelled.

“Oh. Uh-that’ll do. At least you look normal.” Key shook his head.

“Gee, thanks.”

With that, Key picked up the lamp and the two of them walked to the exit.

They walked up to Key’s car.

That’s your car?” Jaemin asked pointing and with a raised eyebrow.

“Yes, what’s wrong with it?” Key asked.

“Nothing.”

They arrived in Key’s unit.

This is where you live?”

“Now, what?”

“Nothing.”

Key opened the door

That’s you—“ Jaemin was cut off this time.

Key was glaring at her and frowning.

“Nothing.”

Key shook his head and sighed.


Sorry for the nearly worthless update but I just wanted to really keep the story going at least. Anyway, please read, subscribe, and comment. (TOO DEMANDING??) But please do.