CHAPTER 3: Intro to the Current Century

Me, Myself, and My Genie

“Hm, will you be needing a spot for you to sleep or will your lamp do?” Key asked as he crossed his arms around his chest.

“After nearly a thousand years in that lamp?! Hell no. I will require a sleeping spot here.” Jaemin replied.

How arrogant. Isn’t she supposed to be my servant and me her master?! Alright, I’ll set up the couch.”

“Well this is new!” Jaemin was fiddling with Key’s flatscreen T.V.

“That’s called a television.” Key said as he was lugging thick white sheets to the couch.

“What’s it for? Do you predict the future with it? Does it grant wishes like I do?” she insisted on so many queries.

“Uh, I guess it’s somewhat like that? The T.V is generally for entertainment and information.” Key took hold of the remote and turned the T.V on.

“Here, you watch the news when you want to know what’s happened for the last 24 hours and see how the weather is going to be and here…” Key changed the channel.

“You watch movies, shows, and music here.”

Still in awe, Jaemin gaped at the screen while she stayed afloat. “Astounding~.”

“Aw come on, you have to stop just floating around like that! You’re just making me freak out here. I just keep thinking that you’re going to crash into something or break something!” Key stomped in frustration.

“Psh, chill out already. I’m not a kid! Stop stressing yourself”

Then another curious item caught Jaemin’s attention.

“Ooh! What is that little glowing square on the table?” she quickly flew to Key’s computer.

“Hm? Oh, that’s a computer. I actually do some of my work on there.” Key simply replied while spreading the sheets.

“IS THIS YOUR CLOSET?!” she said sounding so surprised as she floated over to the open slide-door closet and landed herself.

“You have so much clothes!” she added as she rummaged through the hangers.

“I like to collect them!” Key put his hands on his hips and smiled.

“Are you gay?” Jaemin innocently asked.

Key choked at the question. “Am I what?!? Ugh, how do you even know the meaning of that word?!”

“I just do!” she shrugged. “So, are you?” she asked once again with a raised eyebrow.

Key walked over to where she was and looked her straight in the eye and said, “Do you really want to find out?”

Jaemin was pinned to the closet door and she could not move an inch. Key was a mere distance from her face and one wrong move could lead to a grave mistake.

Jaemin’s heart thumped.

She coughed.

“Oh god! What was that?!?” Jaemin had coughed right on Key’s face.

Key’s face formed in disgust and he moved away wiping his face.

Jaemin held on to her chest and felt it. “What was that feeling?! Am I sick?” she said to herself.

“I have a good feeling that you are.” Key muttered.

“That feeling… I’ve never had that before…What was it?” Jaemin was afraid.

“Yah, you should probably be getting to bed, Jaemin.” Key insisted as he was still wiping off his face.

Jaemin had completely no comprehension of what he had said.

She was still afraid.

Scared.

Terrified of what had just happened.

Key on the other hand took off to his desk and sat down.

 

 

KEY’S POV

“This day CANNOT get any stranger!” I said as I rubbed my aching head.

“Is she for real?!”

I looked back at her as she was now slumped on the ground staring off to nowhere.

I sighed in distress and tried to shrug it off. I took hold of the lamp and examined it for a little bit more.

“It is exquisite. It’s beautiful.” I said to myself.

Whether I was referring to the item or its inhabitant, I wouldn’t know anymore.

I took the liberty of looking it up though.

“Genies”

After a pile of ‘Tell Me Your Wish’ photos from SNSD, I found it.

Genies

-Mythical beings of Egyptian origin. They are said to have the powers of granting any mortal who rubs the lamp 3 wishes.

-They are also known to be notorious in the process of granting a wish. So have care if you ever encounter one.

“Hmm, interesting.” I hummed to myself.

“It truly is.” Jaemin chimed leaned in behind Key.

“AHH! Why are you so close?!” Key spat as he got out of his chair.

“Sheesh. I don’t see the problem!” she crossed her arms and went afloat again.

“Damn. I almost kissed her! Too close, Key. Too close.” Key shook his head and rubbed his forehead.

“Tch, what are you still doing up?!” Key demanded.

“Dude, I’ve been in that lamp for almost a millennium, remember? I think it’s alright to say that I’m just not sleepy yet.” She floated to the other room.

Key sighed. “Well at least could you change into something more comfortable? You look like you’re going out or something.”

“Ugh, well you’re the one who told me to dress like this!” she stuck her tongue out.

“I know. But it’s night time now, and you need to change into pajamas.”

“What are pajamas?” she drifted back and landed right in front of Key.

Key scratched his head and said, “Come on, I might have one in my closet.”

Kibum rummaged through his not-so-normal closet and pulled out a pair of beige colored pajamas.

“Here.”

He went back to the pile and pulled out an oversized t-shirt next.

“And, you wear that with this.” Key handed her the t-shirt and shooed her off to change.

Key fixed up the pile he ruined as Jaemin changed in the other room.

“AHAHAHAH~!” the girlish squeel echoed.


Okay, first of all, I've been a real A-hole for not updating for so long. I know that. But I do hope you guys still keep reading this story. I still have a few tricks up my sleeves (LOL). But seriously, I appreciate the fact that you guys didn't unsubscribe. Anyway, HAPPY READING!!