Chapter 15

Should I Take A Chance?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15

 

 

Haneul's POV

 

 

Two days before midterms, Haneul was on a pinch. She was confident with her subjects except for Calculus. She wasn't able to come to Kyuhyun's place for her extra lessons because of schedule conflict. They have a lot of projects to do and also club activities.

 

 

Well, other than that, she's also putting space between her and Kyuhyun. She's not really ignoring him like before but she set some distance.

 

 

Kyuhyun likes Seohyun. Maybe he can't approach Seohyun because she was always clinging to him.

 

 

"It's the first time that Kyunnie likes someone.. so I have to support him." She thought to herself. She reckoned that Seohyun was his first and only love so she wished for them to be together. "Because I know very well the pain of first love.." She smiled bitterly.

 

 

"You don't look good, noona." Henry interrupted her thoughts.

 

 

"Oh, Henryah. I'm lacking sleep for a couple of days already. Getting ready for midterms."

 

 

"You really take it seriously, huh?"

 

 

"Of course. I want to be able to enter Seoul U so I have to do my best." She smiled.

 

 

"You're really admirable, noona." Henry sat beside her. "But why are you here alone?"

 

 

They were currently at the library. They had break for 3rd period so she decided to go there. Usually, she would drag Kyuhyun with her but with the current situation, she can't.

 

 

"My girl friends would never stop talking even here in the library so I prefer going alone." And they kept bugging her about her lovelife.

 

 

"Oh. How about Donghae hyung and Kyuhyun hyung then?"

 

 

"Seunseung-nim assigned some work to Donghae oppa. And Kyunnie's probably sleeping in the room. How about you? Got some time off, too?"

 

 

"I got kicked out of class." Her eyes widened in surprise so Henry added, "Just kidding. Seunseung-nim asked me to get some books here. So I'll be going back now. Good luck on midterms, noona. Fighting!"

 

 

She smiled and waved him goodbye but Henry stopped and faced her again. "I just noticed this when we went home together yesterday, noona, but.. there's something off between you & Kyuhyun hyung. It was a bit awkward, actually. I think that's what makes you more stressed. So, bye!" And he went on ahead.

 

 

She sighed. Why does it have to be so awkward, anyway? It was no big deal, right?

 

 

"It's a big deal because you're secretly hurt inside." That annoying voice in her head said.

 

 

She slumped her head on the table. She always hated that voice.

 

 

Because it was always right.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

It was almost time for her next class so she she began returning the books she borrowed on the shelves.

 

 

"So this one goes to this section if I remember.."

 

 

"Umm, excuse me." Someone said beside her.

 

 

"Yes?" She turned to her. It was Seohyun.

 

 

"Are you done with that book? Can I borrow it?" Seohyun meant the one she was holding. It was a supplementary book for Calculus.

 

 

"Ah, yes." She handed it to her.

 

 

"Thank you." She said shyly. Seohyun is a really lovely girl. Lots of boys in their school like her for her innocence. Although shy, she was nice to everyone. She also had the voice of an angel.

 

 

"Getting ready for midterms, too?" Haneul asked her.

 

 

She nodded and smiled timidly. So this was Kyuhyun's type of girl. Innocent and shy. The total opposite of her.

 

 

"I'm in a pinch in Calculus, actually. I hope it goes well for you."

 

 

"I wish. Calculus frustrates me, too." Seohyun sighed.

 

 

She seemed really nice. She wished Kyuhyun wasn't mean to her like he was to Haneul. Well, probably not. He likes Seohyun, anyway. "I'm Kim Haneul, by the way." She held out her hand.

 

 

"I know." She smiled shyly. "Kyuhyun mentions you quite often. And you're popular in school."

 

 

Well, she's pretty well-known in Joongdong, she admits but... Kyuhyun talks about her with Seohyun?

 

 

Seohyun shook her hand. "I'm Seo Joohyun. But they call me Seohyun."

 

 

"Nice to meet you. Kyuhyun mentions you, too." She said though she can't remember a time when Kyuhyun said Seohyun's name in their conversations. Oh well, he likes her, anyway.

 

 

Seohyun blushed. Omo. She was so cute. "R-really?"

 

 

She nodded though her memory was foggy. "Let's be friends, alright?" She flashed her a smile.

 

 

Seohyun nodded eagerly and smiled back. She then bid her goodbye because she still has class.

 

 

"How's my little Einstein?" Donghae approached her as soon as she got inside.

 

 

"Still struggling." She grimaced.

 

 

"I know you can do it. Fighting!"

 

 

"Thanks, oppa." She smiled.

 

 

"How are you in Calculus, by the way?"

 

 

"Same old."

 

 

"You told me that Kyuhyun-a's going to tutor you, right?"

 

 

"He's busy.. with Starcract and the Music Club." She reasoned.

 

 

"Doesn't seem like that to me." And he looked at Kyuhyun who was still sleeping from across the room.

 

 

"He's also busy sleeping."

 

 

"Well, then, if you want, I can tutor you."

 

 

"Really, oppa?!"

 

 

"Of course. Anything for you." Donghae smiled at her. She was overjoyed that she stood up and hugged him.

 

 

"Thank you, oppa."

 

 

They heard whistles and cheers and teasing from their classmates.

 

 

"Yah, it's still broad daylight! Reserve that for tonight!"

 

 

"Are you two exclusive now?"

 

 

"You two look good together!"

 

 

"How about a kiss?"

 

 

And with that, the class chanted 'Kiss, Kiss, Kiss, Kiss'.

 

 

"That's too embarrassing! It's not like that!" She was blushing deeply now.

 

 

"It's just a kiss, right?" Donghae whispered in her ear then kissed her cheek.

 

 

Haneul thought she was going deaf when the class cheered more and her rapidly beating heart was echoing in her ears.

 

 

Then, she sensed someone staring at her from across the room. It was Kyuhyun. His face was blank but his eyes registered coldness. It was a hot spring day but she felt a shudder.

 

 

"What's going on in here? Get back to your seat now!" Crap. Their Physics teacher was finally there.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

They had PE for last period. They performed some battery tests as usual then set out in groups to play either softball or dodgeball. She chose softball because dodgeball was way too brutal for her.

 

 

"Home run!" She shouted when she reached the last base. Really, they were no match to her speed and accuracy.

 

 

"You're a monster." Eunhyuk sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter