Chapter 16

Should I Take A Chance?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 16

 

 

Haneul's POV

 

 

Haneul went straight home and called Dara to meet her at her house. She was so flustered along the way and kept making sure that her hair covers her neck well.

 

 

"Neullie, what's the emergency about? You suddenly canceled -- whoa!" She cut off what Dara was saying because she just dragged her inside her room.

 

 

"Waaa! Eoteokke, Dara-yah? Eo-teok-ke?!" Haneul stressed every syllable and covered her face with a pillow to muffle her scream.

 

 

"What's wrong? Were you harassed or something?"

 

 

"Will it still be called harassment if you liked it?" WAIT. WHAT WAS SHE SAYING?!

 

 

Dara's eyes almost dropped out of its sockets. "What do you mean, Neullie?"

 

 

She sighed then showed the side of her neck to Dara.

 

 

Dara frowned. "Is that a bite? An insect or.." Her eyes widened even more. "That's definitely a love bite. A hickey. A --"

 

 

"I know what it's called!"

 

 

"Who's the culprit?" Dara showed off a teasing smile.

 

 

"K-Kyunnie." She blushed. GAAAHH. She's remembering it all over again. She can still feel the warmth of his lips on her skin -- NOOO! That can't be!

 

 

Dara squealed. "Waaa! Where did this happen? How?! Wait, you were at the council room, right? Omo. You two did a naughty thing in there?! How far did you two go? Did it hurt?"

 

 

"Yah! Sandara Park! It's not what you think! I don't even know how it happened or why or.." She screamed again. "Aissh. I'm going crazy."

 

 

"Tell me the details."

 

 

"Well, uhh... I was there, then we chatted a bit, then I mentioned going somewhere with Donghae oppa, then he got annoyed 'coz I keep mentioning oppa. Then he cornered me.. then.." She buried her face on the pillow. "I can't continue anymore!"

 

 

Dara laughed. "You two are so stupid! It's obvious that he's jealous, Neullie. He put that mark on you as a reminder or something. It's like he's telling you that 'You're mine, Haneul.' He's branding you as his." She squealed again. "That is so hot."

 

 

"It's embarrassing! I don't know how to face him anymore! It doesn't even make sense because he likes Seohyun, not me!"

 

 

"He.. what? How did you know about that?"

 

 

"I overheard his conversation with Yesung once."

 

 

"Maybe you just misheard it. Or misinterpreted things."

 

 

"I don't think so. I heard it clearly."

 

 

Dara frowned. "Then why did he give you a love bite?"

 

 

"It's not a love bite. It's a tease bite." That sounded lame. Whatever. "That devil enjoys teasing me."

 

 

"I'm still sticking to the idea that Kyuhyun is attracted to you. Well, maybe he got triggered too by that dress you're wearing. You look so y in it. Didn't you notice those looks the guys in school were giving you?"

 

 

"I don't know. People stare at me all the time. But Dara-yah, what will I do now? I can't go to the celebration with this on my neck. People will have the idea that I was making out with someone."

 

 

"Well, you did make out with --"

 

 

"Dara-yah!"

 

 

She laughed. "Just grab one of your scarves there."

 

 

"It's a freaking hot summer."

 

 

"Well, you have no choice. Or do you want to show it off to the whole world? I'm kind of worried how Donghae would feel when he sees that."

 

 

She groaned. "Fine then."

 

 

"I wonder what would happen if you didn't run away and things continued." Dara giggled. "I bet not only your neck will be marked."

 

 

She blushed harder. "Shut up, Sandara."

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

"Don't you feel hot with that scarf, noona?" Henry asked her when she arrived with Dara at the meeting place.

 

 

"It's the new fashion statement this summer." She smiled at him nervously.

 

 

"But you're sweating out too much, Haneul." Donghae looked worried.

 

 

"Yeah. You should just take that off, Neullie." Ryeowook told her.

 

 

She looked at Dara for help. Her friend was trying hard not to laugh but she still said, "Just let Neullie wear what she wants. You know us girls. We risk everything for fashion.." Dara then whispered beside her. ".. and for a hot and steamy make out session."

 

 

Haneul shot her a glare. It was really hot but she should endure it. Curse that, Cho Kyuhyun!

 

 

"Shouldn't we get going now? I'm starving." Eunhyuk said.

 

 

"Yeah. And it's pretty hot out here." Sulli added.

 

 

"We're still waiting for someone." Sungmin responded.

 

 

"Who?" Yoona asked.

 

 

Yesung saw someone from a distance. "Oh, he's here already. Kyuhyunnie!"

 

 

Oh, it was just -- NOOOOOOOO. Not him, please. Let Yesung be mistaken. Please tell her she just misheard the name.

 

 

"I thought you had some council work to do, Kyuhyun." Ryeowook said to him.

 

 

"It's done." Kyuhyun answered nonchalantly.

 

 

Haneul avoided looking at him. She pretended to be busy with her phone.

 

 

"Isn't it too hot for a scarf, Kim Haneul?" She heard Kyuhyun say.

 

 

Haneul never wanted to wring someone's neck so much until now. Could she just get swallowed by the ground and never be seen by him again?

 

 

"It's a fashion statement." She answered indifferently, still without looking at him.

 

 

"It doesn't match your dress. Maybe you should just take it off." She could sense in his voice that he was enjoying it.

 

 

"What do you know about fashion, Cho Kyuhyun?" She shot back at him.

 

 

He shrugged. "I don't know much but I know that scarves are for winter. Aren't you just hiding something?" He was smirking now.

 

 

"You.." She glared at him.

 

 

"Okay. Let's just go and eat, shall we? Before you two can bite each other's head off." Donghae stood between them.

 

 

"Oh, I won't bite her head. Just somewhere else." Kyuhyun's smirk just won't go anywhere.

 

 

She fought hard to restrain herself. She clinged to Donghae's arm. "Let's just go ahead, oppa."

 

 

Eunhyuk laughed. "That was intense. And you're unusually talkative today, Kyuhyunnie. Something good happened?"

 

 

"I wonder about that." Kyuhyun the jerk answered, but his voice seemed annoyed now. And he was eyeing her arm that was holding Donghae.

 

 

So he really didn't like her getting close with Donghae, huh? She snuggled closer to Donghae. Kyuhyun's eyes became cold. It was her turn to smirk now. Serves you right, you jerk!

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

They ate lunch first at a restaurant then went to the ice cream parlor. Ice cream was the best way to get rid of the heat.

 

 

"You sure you're not going to take that off, Neullie?" Yoona asked her.

 

 

"Will you people stop minding my scarf?" She said exasperatedly. Maybe she should've just pu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter