Chapter 14

Should I Take A Chance?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 14

 

 

Haneul's POV

 

 

Haneul stared out the window. It was raining that day in spring. But the sky didn't look gloomy. It was kind of hopeful for the sun to come out. Like her. She was hopeful that she could pass Calculus during midterms.

 

 

"Well, Kyunnie will tutor me so I think I can ace it." She giggled inside. But then.. "Can I ever concentrate especially now that I know he's my first love?"

 

 

That would be the greatest challenge. Concentrating on numbers and not on Kyuhyun's good looks.

 

 

"Haneul. Kim Haneul." Donghae nudged her.

 

 

"Huh?" She turned to him.

 

 

"You're spacing out. It's lunch break already."

 

 

"Oh. I didn't notice." She gathered up her things.

 

 

"You seem to be deeply thinking about something these days. Worried about midterms?" He helped her with her stuff.

 

 

"Yeah. How about you, oppa? Confident?"

 

 

"Confident? Me?" He scoffed. "I'm worried that they might kick me out of Joongdong."

 

 

She rolled her eyes. "Oh come on. Enough with the humility." Though not as great as Kyuhyun's brains, Donghae was a hard worker so his grades were on par with Kyuhyun's. Yeah, she was the only average one.

 

 

He laughed. "Want to have lunch with me?"

 

 

"I'd love to, oppa, but I have to meet up with the girls for something." She apologized.

 

 

"It's alright. Hyukkie's dying to tell me something so I guess I'll have to deal with him now." He chuckled.

 

 

Haneul laughed and turned to go. The girls already went on ahead to the cafeteria. She was already out of the classroom when someone blocked her way.

 

 

She was startled that she almost dropped her lunchbox. "Hey, watch where you're -- Kyunnie?"

 

 

"What did you mean last night?" He asked without any preamble.

 

 

"Huh? Last night?" Oh crap. Did he hear that clearly?

 

 

"The thing you said about me being the first one to --"

 

 

"Let's talk later, Kyunnie! I'm in a hurry! Bye!" She slipped past him without looking back. Maybe she shouldn't have mentioned that. It would just be awkward if he knew about it.

 

 

She stopped running. But why would it be awkward? It was already part of the past, right? Unless she still have those same feelings for him. Well, it's true that it started creeping up on her system again. But maybe it was just nostalgia.

 

 

She was panting when she arrived at their table.

 

 

"What took you so long?" Dara asked.

 

 

"Got caught up in something." She sat down beside Yoona. "So what are we talking about?"

 

 

They discussed about the project that they were going to work on for Literature. They had a lot to do so they have to make most out of their time so they can take midterm exams. Midterms, huh? She wondered how Kyuhyun would tutor her.

 

 

"Neullie, are you listening?" Sulli brought her back.

 

 

"Huh? Uhh, yeah."

 

 

"You seem to be spacing out often. Is there a problem?" Yoona asked.

 

 

"Problem? None." She smiled uncertainly. The three girls gave her a skeptical look. She lost her smile. "I'm thinking of Kyunnie too much.

 

 

The three girls' eyes widened. She raised an eyebrow at them. "What?"

 

 

"Is it just me, or you're all Kyuhyun now?" - Yoona

 

 

"Huh?"

 

 

"Well, a few weeks ago, you were all 'Donghae oppa is this.. oppa is that..'. But now, it seems Kyuhyun has taken over." - Sulli

 

 

She sighed. "Well, I just realized something last night. Kyunnie is my first love."

 

 

"Bwo?!?" The three girls chorused. She was sure they would pester her with questions so she told them the story.

 

 

"Huh. So you sort of worshipped Kyuhyun when you were a kid." - Dara

 

 

"That's a freaky way of putting it." She said.

 

 

"Maybe you're still in-love with Kyuhyun." - Sulli

 

 

"Huh? No!"

 

 

"Well, from what I can tell, it seems that Donghae was just a cover-up."

 

 

"That's not true. My feelings for Donghae oppa are real." She protested.

 

 

"That might be true. But maybe you love Kyuhyun more that's why you're feeling that way again. Because if it was just some puppy love, it won't get in the way of what you feel for Donghae." - Dara

 

 

"So what are you going to do, Neullie? Donghae is waiting for your answer, right?" - Yoona

 

 

"I still don't know. I hate Kyunnie for making me so confused like this. I don't even know why he treats me that way now. Is it just to tease me or what?"

 

 

"You know, the answer is pretty obvious. He's in-love with you." Dara rolled her eyes.

 

 

"Who would even like a girl like me?" Haneul mimicked Kyuhyun's voice.

 

 

"That was 10 years ago, Neullie. He's probably regretting now that he said that." - Yoona

 

 

She sighed. "Well, he should be feeling remorseful about it. Having my heart broken at the age of 8 isn't a good memory. That's why I tried hard to forget it."

 

 

"You were hurt but you still stuck with him." - Sulli

 

 

"Because I don't want to lose him. That's why I imposed that about being his bestfriend, so I would have a reason to stay with him."

 

 

"Are you contented of being just a friend?" - Dara

 

 

She was taken aback of what Dara asked her. Was she contented? "Yes." She forced herself to answer.

 

 

"Kim Haneul-ssi." Their physics teacher called her.

 

 

"Yes, seunseung-nim?" WAS SHE IN TROUBLE?!

 

 

"It's your turn now to get the hand-outs from the council room, right? They just informed me that they're going to close later so I suggest you get it now after you're done with your lunch."

 

 

"Okay, seunseung-nim." She excused herself from her friends and made her way to the West Building. It was still raining but not that strong.

 

 

The council room was on the 3rd floor so she took the stairs. "The music clubroom is on the 3rd floor, too." She thought to herself though she doesn't know why she remembered that.

 

 

She was near the music clubroom when she heard voices talking. It came from the clubroom. She was just going to ignore when she heard a familiar voice.

 

 

"How about Seohyun-ssi?" That was Yesung.

 

 

"Seohyun?" And that voice was none other than Kyuhyun. She knew eavesdropping was bad but she can't help it. She was curious.

 

 

"Yeah. You get along with her, right?"

 

 

Kyuhyun didn't answer for a moment, but then he said, "I think I like her. She suits me best."

 

 

"Then why don't you ask her?" Yesung asked again but Kyuhyun stayed silent. "Oh yeah. You're not a straightforward guy." Yesung laughed.

 

 

"Shut up."

 

 

Haneul doesn't know why but it felt like a truck just slammed into her chest. She ran away from there before she gets discovered.

 

 

"I think I like her. She suits me best."

 

 

"I think I like her. She suits me best."

 

 

"I think

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter