Chapter 23

On Rainy Days

 

I turned around getting myself ready to face him. When I saw his face, I let out a huge sigh of relief. "Oh, jjinja, you scared me. How are you, Kikwang oppa?" I smiled.
 
He gave his famous eye smile and said, "Nothing’s new. Hyomin just called for me to meet up with you."
 
"She called for you.. to see me?" I asked him in a confused tone.
 
"Dae. She said, and I quote, 'Kikwang oppa! Can you go to the mall with Jiyeon for me?'"
 
"Oh... is that so? You don't need to go, unless you want to see dresses." I giggled a little.

He scratched his head and scrunched his face. “I really don’t want to see dresses, but Hyomin asked me to go... so I’ll go.” He cringed thinking of all the dresses.

I laughed and grabbed his arm. “Arraso, it was your decision!” I ran to the bus stop, pulling him alongside with me.

Later, when we arrived at the mall, I dragged Kikwang into multiple shops. Each time I tried on a different dresses, his expression would change. He often yawned after seeing a new dress.

“Jiyeon-ah! Can’t you just choose once and go?” He whined to me.

“Andwae! The dress has to be perfect. It must leave an impression on Junhyung for me, otherwise it would be useless!”

“Arraso, hurry.” He sat down on a chair and crossed his arms.

After several minutes, I finally found a dress I liked and Kikwang complimented me. I bought the dress and walked out of the store with Kikwang. “Oppa, I’m going to go buy some jewelery. You can go wherever you want, okay? Meet me here in.. 20 minutes?”

“Dae.” He happily walked away and into a shoe store.

“Jjinja... he leaves so easily.” I laughed and walked into a jewelery store. I browsed around the store looking necklaces, earrings, and bracelets. Then, my eyes spotted something. “Wah! They are so cute!” I quickly took a pair which I liked and thought Junhyung would like. I ran up to the cash register and paid for the items.

When I walked out of the store I heard someone laugh. “It couldn’t be for me, could it?” I continued to walk, but I heard their heels stepping closer and closer to me. Finally they placed their hand on me.

I turned around and screamed. “BWOH? What do you want?” This unnie... she was so frustrating.

“You... you better stay away from my Junhyung!” she said in an arrogant manner.

“What are you? Some fangirl who likes to threaten others?” I let out a little laugh.

“You don’t remember me? Jjinja... you’re really clueless. Don’t you remember the day you dropped your phone? The mysterious woman with Junhyung?” She looked at me with a smirk.

“You.. you’re the person who kissed him, aren’t you?” I yelled at her.

“Correct. So, let this be your first and last warning. Stay away from Junhyung... Next time, I won’t let it off easily.”
Right at that moment, I heard Kikwang yelling after me. "Jiyeon-ah!" He reached me and looked at the unnie across from me. "Ah, Jiyeon, I see you've met B2ST's coordi noona? Isn't she nice?" He smiled and waved at her.
"Ah, jjinja. Nice, more like-" She cut me off and began to talk.
"Kikwangie! We were just having a nice girl to girl talk. Why are you here? Are you shopping for a special someone?" She spoke in an aegyo filled voice.
I let out a huff of air and laughed in disbelief. "Aish! Jjinja, this unnie is really a fake. Who would even hire such a person?" I saw her glare at me and I just ignored it.
"Kikwang, we should get going now. I have schedules later today. Same for you, I suppose?" I turned over towards the unnie. "It was a pleasure meeting you. I hope to see you again." I quickly turned away and starting walking to the exit.
Kikwang, with a confused expression, ran after me. He waved to the unnie and yelled back, "Annyeong noona!"

The ride back felt longer than going to the mall. I stared out the window while Kikwang was talking on the phone to Hyomin. He giggled and laughed often. Hearing him made me want to call Junhyung. I looked at my phone and decided not to.

“Wae? Why can’t you call Junhyung?” I didn’t know why, but it felt as if there was some force pushing me away from calling him. “Are you afraid of that unnie?” I began to think. “Andwae! That’s impossible. Why would I be afraid of that unnie?” I flustered around in my seat.

I decided to forget about Junhyung and his coordi noona for that moment. I stared out the window, waiting for the bus to reach my bus stop. Suddenly, there was a crash sound and the bus stopped moving. “Bwoh?” I looked around, everyone was looking around to see what happened.

Little chatter could be heard from the fright inside of everyone. The bus driver got up from his seat and began to talk. “The bus has broken down. May all passengers get off the bus in an orderly fashion?”

There was little panic, then the ahjumma in the seat in front of me stood up. “Waeyo? Can’t you just deal with this and get going?” Her voice had a tone of annoyance.

The bus driver calmly told her, “Please do what is ordered.” He turned around and opened the exits of the bus. Everyone got off the bus and started to complain. I got up from my seat and followed Kikwang off the bus. I turned around for a second and noticed my bags were still on the seats. I quickly ran back onto the bus and grabbed my bags. When I got off the bus again, I couldn’t find Kikwang.

“Kikwang oppa? Where are you?” I looked around, but he was nowhere to be found.
--
A/N: Trailer
Hope you like it ^_^;; I did it myself.. sorry if it isn't as good as it could be :/