Chapter 13

On Rainy Days

 

It was the next morning and I was still troubled over Junhyung. “Maybe I should ask Hyomin... but it would be embarrassing. Eunjung maybe? That would still be weird though. Ottoke?” I gave a sigh.

“Jiyeon, what time is it?” Hyomin asked me in a raspy voice.

“Um... 9...22. It’s about time to wake up. We have ‘Hello Baby’ filming today.” I informed her. I got up from the bed and walked into the bathroom. Once I was inside the bathroom, I closed the door right away and slid down towards the ground.

“Yah! Jiyeon... what will you do?” I whispered to myself. I hit my head with my fist over and over. “Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Why did you fall for Junhyung?”

Once I heard myself say I fell in love with Junhyung, I immediately wanted to take it back. I didn’t want to face the fact I may have fallen for his trap. “Maybe he changed though. He seems like he has changed at least.” I tried to continue to reason with myself, but at the same time I was bashing him. “But you can never trust him! Guys like him are all an act. Nothing but fakers!” I knew I was lying to myself, but I never wanted to face the fact that my love would be real.

I stood up and began to brush my teeth. When I returned to my room, I looked at the clothes of dirty laundry. Junhyung’s clothes lied on top. “Aish... I need to drop those at the laundry before we film.” I quickly got dressed and fixed my hair. Right before I left the room, I grabbed a duffel bag and stuffed his clothes and my clothes in there.

“Woah, Jiyeon. Why are you carrying such a big bag?” Qri asked.

“Ah, I have to bring them to the laundry today.” I responded.

With that, we all left the dorm and sat in the van. Meanwhile in the van, everyone was asleep, but me.

“Manager Kim, can you stop by our laundromat? I need to drop these off.” I asked.

“Dae. Make it fast though. T-ara has a tight schedule today.”

“Dae. I understand.”

In a few minutes, we arrived at our laundromat. I got out of the car and walked into the laundromat.

“Oh, Jiyeon-ah! It’s such a pleasure to see you here after so long. How may I service you today?” The store manager greeted me.

“Annyeong! Can you wash these clothes? I’ll pick them up in a few hours. I’d really appreciate that.” I smiled after I finished speaking.

“Okay. We’ll take care of this. Anything else?”

“No, that’s all. Kamsa hamnida.” When I walked back into the van, Hyomin was on her cell phone.

“Jiyeon, this is for you.” She handed me the phone.

“Yawbosehyo?”

“Jiyeon, do you have my clothes from yesterday?” A man’s voice came from the other end.

“Who is this?”

“It’s Junhyung.”

“Oh, yeah. I have the clothes. They are in the laundromat right now, why?” I asked him with a tint of curiousity.

“Oh, I left my wallet in there. That’s all...”

“Do you need it? I can-” He cut me short.

“No, it’s fine. Haha, please return my clothes whenever it is to you’re available.”

“Dae. Is that it?”

“Yeah, that’s it. Bye-bye.” He hung up the phone.

Hyomin was looking at me when I returned her cell phone.

“What was that about?” She asked me.

“Oh, it was nothing. He just left something in his clothes he left at our dorm. I’m sure the ahjumma will keep it in a safe spot until I return.”

“Oh ok.” She closed her eyes and went back to sleep.

The whole car ride, I couldn’t fall asleep. Meanwhile he was talking to me, it sounded more than half of the time he was making up lies. “There! That’s another reason you shouldn’t date him!” I always found a way to relate everything about him back to my own issue.

During the filming for ‘Hello Baby’, all my thoughts about Junhyung were flying through my head. No matter how hard I tried to distract myself with the Moon Brothers, Junhyung was always in the center of my thoughts. Filming today was harder than any other day. Although the time passed by quickly, every second was torturous.

The rest of the day felt slow. Every minute his face appeared in my head. No matter how I tried to erase it, it never went away. Each program was more painful than the last. “Yong Junhyung. Look what you did to me.” I kept telling myself. Finally, my programs for the day were finished. I still had one thing to do though.

“Manager Kim, can we stop at the laundromat? I need to pick up my clothes.”

“Oh, ok..”

In an hour or so, we finally arrived at the laundromat. I got out of the van and entered the building.

“Oh, Jiyeon! The clothes are done. We found something in a pocket of one of your pants. I saved it. I’ll get it now.”

“Oh thank you!” I smiled. “It must have been his wallet.”

She returned and gave me a picture. This for a fact wasn’t a wallet.